Dont blame the refs

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Stop. We played like trash. Gameplan vanilla, non execution on plays that did have a chance, or we would hold to bring it back if we actually made yardage. Sure, a few bad calls, but we put ourselves in the position to let it be decided by a holding call.

9ers are a 3 win team that just took us to overtime. We need to look in the mirror if we want to get better. Blaming the refs won't stop our OL from holding in the next game. Refs suck, accept that as fact and play well enough that they don't matter.

STOP HOLDING!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, still super pissed at what I just wasted 4 hours watching.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The major BS call was PI on Hill. Besides that regular inconsistent penalties. Most were deserved.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":ednmbqu1 said:
The major BS call was PI on Hill. Besides that regular inconsistent penalties. Most were deserved.

I think less than half were deserved. Hill and Grififn's PI were terrible calls. Most of the holds were standard line play you see every day and it doesn't get called. As it has often been said, you can call holding on every play. And these refs just did that. Against only one team.

I hate ref blaming too but when its this lopsided its impossible to overcome. There are very few plays to get you 20 yards in a down. IN the pouring rain. ON a bad field.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The officiating cost us this game...especially in overtime. It is bulls*** that we should have to overcome an officiating headwind because the NFL wants two motivated teams in primetime next week.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I counted two tick tacky PI calls, one on SFs GW overtime drive on a 3rd and long.

I counted two tick tacky offensive holding calls on 10+ yard runs. I also counted the holding on the huge pass in OT on third down that killed our drive.

Yes, the refs called a one sided tick tacky game against Seattle. Sucks. But hey, who knows how the Vikings game would have turned out if the refs correctly called Wagners FG block penalty. At that point in the game we were only up by 6 and that would have put Minnesota first and goal.

For the most part, s***** officiating balances itself out.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Nope the stupid predictable run plays cost us in ot
andyh64000":9vai4kpl said:
The officiating cost us this game...especially in overtime. It is bulls*** that we should have to overcome an officiating headwind because the NFL wants two motivated teams in primetime next week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

GLio14

Reaction score
The team played like garbage for sure, but the refs were pretty bad. The PI on Hill and Griffin were really bad. We never got to see that last holding on Pocic, so I can't determine if it was warranted.

Special teams were garbage, the secondary wasn't good at all. We're lucky we had a chance.

Also, if Seabass made that XP, we win the game.

andyh64000

Reaction score
GLio14":16quz2m4 said:
The team played like garbage for sure, but the refs were pretty bad. The PI on Hill and Griffin were really bad. We never got to see that last holding on Pocic, so I can't determine if it was warranted.

Special teams were garbage, the secondary wasn't good at all. We're lucky we had a chance.

Also, if Seabass made that XP, we win the game.

They kind of showed it and it was tricky tack at best.

ivotuk

Reaction score
What about those that aren't "whining"? The people that talk about legitimate technique's and disparities?

How do you define "whining"? Is this character flaws in others?

Have you NEVER "whined" about anything? If not, then you are definitely superior to myself. After 4 back surgeries, 10 fused disks, and countless injections, I'm in constant pain and I "whine" all the time.

Just curious. I see people use this term all the time, and I'm trying to figure out why people find it a necessary part of the conversation. What benefit does it have to furthering a conversation? :snack:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just pointing out a real problem in the game, and in the NFL these days. The Refs are having way too much of an impact on these games. Not just in Seattle, but league wide. Pointing out that it's a factor, which it flat out IS.......call it what you want. Whining? No

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. We outplayed them in almost every statistical category. Just didn't play our A game combined with suspect officiating and there ya have it. It happens. I feel extremely confident that the Seahawks will bring their A game this Sunday. Can't. Wait. Is it Sunday yet?!?!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bad calls don't usually decide games, unless you're already playing poorly.

That's our loss in a nutshell. Yes some questionable calls were made, but those calls are compounded when you can't get out of your own way with sloppy defense and lack of execution.

Should have NEVER looked back after driving the ball down the Niners throat on our opening drive...........but missed extra point and terrible coverage on the ensuing KO? Voila, allow a bad team to hang around where a couple calls don't go your way = loss.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Maybe it's far better to whine TO the refs directly?

I was at a family holiday jam, so didn't get the full scoop on the penalty early on where Ricky Sherman bitched at the refs until they picked the flag back up.

Legit or not?

Vets and high profile players get deferential preference. Period. Home field even more so.

Since officiating is subjective, you have to use the smell test to decide whether the game was fair. This one stank for a lot of reasons, the field, missed POA, general malaise by the Hawks, but the zebras didn't help either.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Hmm, these stats shed some light:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/p ... s-per-game

Nice that the Seahawks went from #1 last year, to #30 this year -- didn't Ifedi win the Golden Handcuffs Award last year for most penalties.

What's striking tho is the Last 1 column, both the Hawks and the Dread Patriots blew up the average for themselves and every other team with 14. Shiz happens I guess, but that's...unusual to say the least.

Poor play = frustration = more penalties maybe.

Maybe.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
AubHawk71":2psqjjed said:
Maybe it's far better to whine TO the refs directly?

I was at a family holiday jam, so didn't get the full scoop on the penalty early on where Ricky Sherman bitched at the refs until they picked the flag back up.

Legit or not?

Vets and high profile players get deferential preference. Period. Home field even more so.

Since officiating is subjective, you have to use the smell test to decide whether the game was fair. This one stank for a lot of reasons, the field, missed POA, general malaise by the Hawks, but the zebras didn't help either.

FWIW, I think Sherman was right and the flag was correctly picked up. There was no penalty, but yeah...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1cp7cwko said:
Stop. We played like trash. Gameplan vanilla, non execution on plays that did have a chance, or we would hold to bring it back if we actually made yardage. Sure, a few bad calls, but we put ourselves in the position to let it be decided by a holding call.

9ers are a 3 win team that just took us to overtime. We need to look in the mirror if we want to get better. Blaming the refs won't stop our OL from holding in the next game. Refs suck, accept that as fact and play well enough that they don't matter.

STOP HOLDING!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, still super pissed at what I just wasted 4 hours watching.
KMA Johnny, If you don't believe that the Refs screwed the pooch in this game?, goodie for you, but the folks that KNOW BETTER, have a legitimate gripe...………..3 Wins & NINE LOSSES screams otherwise.....Those "Bad Calls" were timed perfectly to screw the Seahawks out of winning this game....STOP THE SHITTY OFFICIATING!!!!!!!! :pukeface:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":2cn768lp said:
I counted two tick tacky PI calls, one on SFs GW overtime drive on a 3rd and long.

I counted two tick tacky offensive holding calls on 10+ yard runs. I also counted the holding on the huge pass in OT on third down that killed our drive.

Yes, the refs called a one sided tick tacky game against Seattle. Sucks. But hey, who knows how the Vikings game would have turned out if the refs correctly called Wagners FG block penalty. At that point in the game we were only up by 6 and that would have put Minnesota first and goal.

The ONLY WAY " Shitty Officiating balances itself out", is IF the Big Kahuna's in the NFL, fires the inept Officials that screw up the games like these bozo's did, other wise?, it's going to keep on stinking it up for the other legitimate Officials doing their jobs like it's SUPPOSE TO BE DONE.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":2chmn8i0 said:

The ONLY WAY " Shitty Officiating balances itself out", is IF the Big Kahuna's in the NFL, fires the inept Officials that screw up the games like these bozo's did, other wise?, it's going to keep on stinking it up for the other legitimate Officials doing their jobs like it's SUPPOSE TO BE DONE.