Strength coach fired.

Seymour

Reaction score
JRobinson":cnbn2iyy said:
Oh yeah... the strength coach. That’s why.

Win a playoff game and then pop off. :roll:

K at los angeles rams bandwagon bandwagon 30070919

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36hm572w said:
Maybe after 14 years, they'll finally win one. Impressive :?

Very.... :pukeface:

Most of the current Rams fans think the fearsome foursome was a cartoon.

Fantastic four

chris98251

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1e37k3wy said:
chris98251":1e37k3wy said:
Hire Ichiro, name a person that was able to keep himself healthy and produce as long as he did. He did something right.

Pete would probably prefer someone who spoke good English.

Ichiro actually speaks pretty well, the rouse was more about interviews, also they teach English in japan in their schools from my understanding, had a few foreign exchange kids in classes when I was in High School and it was mandatory from what they said. Besides what 20 years in the States and you don't think he speaks English well ?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":2a8id9pk said:
Hire Ichiro, name a person that was able to keep himself healthy and produce as long as he did. He did something right.
Ideally you want somebody that has a background in physical therapy. It's really important to develop your muscles in a way that your joints are supported. For example, uneven development can cause your muscles to pull on the joints, and make them more prone to injury. I would love to see former Net's conditioning coach Jeff Caviler be our strength coach. He runs a channel on youtube, and he trains a host of elite athletes like Antonio Brown. Having that medical background is very important. Though, he left on his own terms to start his own business so this is a moot point.

[youtube]CfXuIXY00Hc[/youtube]

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
A public execution is good from time to time. Keeps employees on their feet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Against an average Cowboys team, at home. Meh.
Now, you guys beat the Saints on the road? That's truly legit.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
austinslater25":ih6os6xy said:
My fear is Pete goes too new age and gimmicky as these guys seem to get traction at this level and they're terrible. Standing on a bosu ball and doing a squat is not the answer to the injury issues we've had.

There's an immense amount of dumb stuff happening in the strength and conditioning field because these guys get to train elite athletes who would respond and adapt decently to just about anything. A lot of the comments in this thread are sort of along the whole bosu ball squat line but that stuff wastes lifting time when progress could be made off the strength and power work that has consistently proven themselves for a long time.

I think you and I have commented on this in the past, but football players should be squatting, deadlifting, and pressing (bench and overhead) heavy. And be doing power cleans and pushing sleds. There are helpful assistance exercises, but they need to be as strong as possible and be able to recruit that strength efficiently for power. The place where the coaches make their biggest gains is by programming for these advanced lifters. All that other stuff is nibbling around the edges.

Strength prevents injuries. You get stronger by lifting really heavy things with as much of your muscle, bones, and connective tissue as possible per lift. It also allows you to manhandle your opponent.

Jville

Reaction score
A link to a background interview ..........................

You were at USC before as an assistant under head coach Pete Carroll and strength coach Chris Carlisle. Do you see any similarities and differences between the way things were done then and how you do them now?

USC's Ivan Lewis: Trojans' offseason training has evolved >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/blog/colleges/usc/post/_/id/20114/uscs-ivan-lewis-trojans-offseason-training-has-evolved[/urltargetblank]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Lewis does not have a good reputation coming out of USC. Place has had a reputation for "soft" and "injury-prone" for a while now.

Jville

Reaction score
I like what Russell Wilson has done. He's taken a portion of his income to reinvest in himself via a personal trainer and nutritionist.

This year's challenge is to help other team members (with less discretionary income) better invest in their conditioning and nutrition. This off season would seem to feature a "reset" in that regard.

As always, we'll see.

Cad

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15yg3tct said:
Lewis does not have a good reputation coming out of USC. Place has had a reputation for "soft" and "injury-prone" for a while now.

it's not just USC.

UW fans don't have a lot of fond memories, either.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Color me highly skeptical that anybody on the outside can know how effective training staff are unless they are getting inside information from somebody. The idea that a good training staff can prevent Injuries to a significant, observable level that is distinguishable from randomness is complete nonsense.

The Huskies did have a ton of injuries under Sark but our most injured year was in 2008 the year before he arrived. Our 2017 season was wrecked by key injuries and I didn't hear any fans blaming a coaching staff they liked for it.

Midway this season our OL was healthy and plenty of Hawks fans on this board were praising Solari and claiming that Cable's system caused our injury problems of the past. The injury luck didn't hold up and so now the fault was our strength and conditioning coach. Fans want to think that injuries are under our control somehow but the truth is that the NFL is a violent game and anybody can get hurt on any play even if everything is being done correctly.

JRobinson

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2p7pluwm said:
Against an average Cowboys team, at home. Meh.
Now, you guys beat the Saints on the road? That's truly legit.

Gonna be a very tall order. Guess I can only hope they gained valuable experience from the game that was lost last time we played them at their house this year. To be honest though, a playoff Winis a playoff win no matter who you play. For me, it was my first since becoming a fan in 2006.

JRobinson

Reaction score
AgentDib":2yjvlqfz said:
Color me highly skeptical that anybody on the outside can know how effective training staff are unless they are getting inside information from somebody. The idea that a good training staff can prevent Injuries to a significant, observable level that is distinguishable from randomness is complete nonsense.

The Huskies did have a ton of injuries under Sark but our most injured year was in 2008 the year before he arrived. Our 2017 season was wrecked by key injuries and I didn't hear any fans blaming a coaching staff they liked for it.

Midway this season our OL was healthy and plenty of Hawks fans on this board were praising Solari and claiming that Cable's system caused our injury problems of the past. The injury luck didn't hold up and so now the fault was our strength and conditioning coach. Fans want to think that injuries are under our control somehow but the truth is that the NFL is a violent game and anybody can get hurt on any play even if everything is being done correctly.

i do think that having a good training staff is greatly important, especially with the soft tissue stuff. But as you said, you can’t say that one training staff prevents injuries better than another. That’s just silly.

Our OLine has been fully healthy for the last two complete seasons, and outside of losing Cooper Kupp for the season and Talib for a while, we’ve been healthy. “Our training staff is better than yours”.... false. They are all highly trained professionals on every team.