Which position do we upgrade first via draft?

Reaction score
Atradees":3ulbej1g said:
What a great year we had with newcomers. We are picking 21....Likely trade down and get more picks. RB is set, TE is fine. Receivers are fine-we have two big bodies in Brown and Moore, we dont throw enough to justify getting a prima donna receiver. The defense needs to be better. I would say linebacker because Wright will likely get paid somewhere else. Probably can get a real talent in the first round.
I really hope Dissly comes back 100%

nwHawk

Reaction score
WR, at least 1 OG (prefer LG), a DE, OLB, SS and a PK.

Primary need will depend on who we resign, but if everything stayed the same, a Michael Thomas type WR. If we can expand the field and make defenses defend more of the field then we could control the clock, protect our defense (which needs several players), and have the best chance to win. Image our offense with Baldwin, Lockett, Carson/Penny and... Michael Thomas. Pick your poison.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Don't fight the board. Take what's there and use free agency to supplement. That probably means we trade down into the second round and go pass rusher.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'd trade down as much as possible and then draft the highest guys on our board regardless of position. That probably means we end up with a bunch of defensive line talent.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Atradees":xdx796r1 said:
seabowl":xdx796r1 said:
Atradees":xdx796r1 said:
What a great year we had with newcomers. We are picking 21....Likely trade down and get more picks. RB is set, TE is fine. Receivers are fine-we have two big bodies in Brown and Moore, we dont throw enough to justify getting a prima donna receiver. The defense needs to be better. I would say linebacker because Wright will likely get paid somewhere else. Probably can get a real talent in the first round.

Moore did real well for a stretch but faded badly at the end. Brown was a ghost. The invisible man. A waste of a spot. Other than that he was good.

Gimme a wr in the draft pleade. Doug is not getting any younger.

Its not the players fault. A new wr will not have a chance to even play. This is the 2nd deepest position on the team behind RB. Hard to predict the Seahawk drafts but we will not pick a receiver, TE or RB in the first four rounds.

Antonio Brown would not be a good Seahawk. Its not what we do here.

Considering he was out, Dickson was a fine TE for us. Everybody loves Dissley's potential.

They definitely need another reciever. Moore appears to have been figured out by DBs. Brown is good in the red zone but thats it.

Remember when Doug was out and we had 70 yards passing?

Need depth at wr, Lockett is the only one im sure will be here in two years

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
After watching the Eagles and Saints game today, I'd say we're going to have to shore up several positions if we are to remain "in the hunt" for next year. DL is #1!!!!!

raisethe3

Reaction score
D-line (especially the pass rushers)

As for the rest of the draft, I think the Hawks will look for a safety (someone who has range), kicker, LB, corner (sorry griffin),

Own The West

Reaction score
Assuming we drop down at least once to add a 7th for a kicker...
1) DE
2) DL
3) LB
4) OL depth
5) Kicker

chris98251

Reaction score
Two trade backs and end up with 7 picks.

2nd - LB / Edge Tweener guy

3rd - DT

3rd - Safety / LB it may be a LB but end up a SS moving McDougald to FS

4th - WR John can't help it it's the 4th round again

5th - CB

6th - TE

7th - QB

pmedic920

Reaction score
We have no shortage of “needs”

I’m gunna roll with.......

......Take the best football player available, if that guy doesn’t fill a “need”, trade the pick for more value.

To me it seems that too often teams miss the boat when drafting specifically to fill “needs”in the first round.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
After the trade down, I'm hoping they go with an Edge Rusher and another WR as the top priorities. Followed by another LB, especially with the possibility that we lose KJ and not knowing if Kendricks will be back for obvious reasons. And another Safety, still not totally sold on Thompson and Hill. They have their moments where they look really solid, then they look lost out there.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Best available DLine when we pick.

There is however little doubt the team will try to find some guys in FA, but doubtful they will be big players there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes, best available in a position of need.

So DE, safety and DB in that order.........which is good cause this is one of the deepest DE drafts in a while. So hopefully we trade down, still get a good DE and get a 2nd rounder back.

D

DomeHawk

The obvious choice is the best available if someone highly regarded falls to that pick BUT I really think we need a #1 receiver, preferably a big-body type.