QB Paxton Lynch signed by Seahawks: Furness

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jville":16fhn5dj said:
Vahawkphan":16fhn5dj said:
I lived in Memphis for years and became a Tigers fan. (Side note: was at Fox and the Hound in Cordova for Beastquake and went nuts). Watched a lot of Paxton Lynch and I thought he would be a future pro bowl quarterback. He throws a beautiful ball and he made some throws that were unbelievable. I heard the experts talk about how he was product of the system at Memphis and I always thought that didn't matter as much as what I saw and how he looked when he played but that would be the reason, I am not employees by an NFL team. I am really excited about one of my favorite college players that I followed signing with my Hawks. What do y'all think we'll get for Wilson now? joking.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Paxton Lynch :2thumbs:

Paxton Lynch is a big young (24) man at 6'-7' & 244 lbs. with 10 1/4 inch hands on 34 1/4 arms. Seeing him and Russell Wilson on the same field should be quite a sight. He must cast a fairly good sized shadow.

At the very least, Paxton should provide a useful scout team rehearsal for the defensive unit prior to going up against big and tall opposition quarterbacks. That's a useful trait for a back up in Seattle. Looking forward to hearing about him during the future OTAs.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/leighsteinberg/status/1086019625970585600[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/JessamynMcIntyr/status/1086038544085278721[/tweet]

According to jammerhawk's up to date roster, John has 48 contracts signed for the 2019 off season leaving 42 openings left to fill. Roster building John Schneider style. :2thumbs:

I totally agree with this sentiment. We need more different elements for our practice and preparation for the upcoming season. He is kinda cheap too at the moment. Hope they keep him covered in XBox 2 games. :2thumbs:

HawkerD

Reaction score
jmahon316":aoxsd87c said:
Sgt. Largent":aoxsd87c said:
Seymour":aoxsd87c said:
jmahon316":aoxsd87c said:

Pete and John arrogance that we can fix anyone.

It's a backup QB that may or may not even be on the roster come camp and the regular season. Relax.

I'm honestly still butthurt though that they didn't keep McGough. Not sure if was an effort thing or a progress thing but I had hopes for the guy, and it sucks seeing him sign with another team so fast.

He likely chose not to sign with Hawks knowing that he had a better chance to be on a 53 in JAX

nwHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1mlav9cn said:
jmahon316":1mlav9cn said:

Pete and John arrogance that we can fix anyone. What does Elway know about NFL QB's? :roll:

Elway has been a joke when it come to getting QBs (outside of Peyton). So I wouldn't relay on him. Paxton was always going to need a lot of time to develope. I don't have high hopes, but I willing to kick the tires.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
jmahon316":259huyqe said:
Yeah but in my opinion, McGough played better in the preseason than Hundley has, I feel like he had a bigger ceiling yet the Hawks stashed him to the PS and gave up another pick for Hundley...I'm just frustrated at the whole situation
The whole Hundley thing still chaps my ass. What a stupid, unnecessary move. Why does John love dealing 5th round picks for guys who are 3rd and 4th stringers? Hundley, Kelcie McCray, Dewey freaking McDonald!

getnasty

Reaction score
Not sure what people are talking about but i think Lynch has above average mobliity for a quarterback, in fact i thought he ran a lot of read option in college. Nothing to dislike about this signing at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well his last name is Lynch so he must need a Nic name.

[youtube]muUZjovOFRg[/youtube]

jmahon316

Reaction score
pmedic920":2dzwifgd said:
jmahon316":2dzwifgd said:
pmedic920":2dzwifgd said:
Paxton + our first round, for a 2nd, 2 third round picks and a 4th and 5th rounder.

Why haven’t y’all figured this stuff out yet.

Idk man, maybe it's just me or the alcohol talking but being a 3rd string QB doesn't really scream offers for draft picks, even a 6th rounder like Hundley.

Also if the Broncos could've gotten those types of picks for him, wouldn't they have?

I wasn’t serious.

Holy Catfish

My bad, Medic. Last night was my Friday night due to a four day weekend and I let it rip

knownone

Reaction score
Hundley is a free agent, Lynch is cheaper than Hundley, and signing him won’t effect compensatory picks. It makes sense but I don’t know how confident I am with Lynch as our back up.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I remember this board going into meltdown when we signed Brady Quinn. What is wrong with you people?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":294llf7a said:
I remember this board going into meltdown when we signed Brady Quinn. What is wrong with you people?
omg he was horrible

Jville

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":vngjs37j said:
Jville":vngjs37j said:
Vahawkphan":vngjs37j said:
I lived in Memphis for years and became a Tigers fan. (Side note: was at Fox and the Hound in Cordova for Beastquake and went nuts). Watched a lot of Paxton Lynch and I thought he would be a future pro bowl quarterback. He throws a beautiful ball and he made some throws that were unbelievable. I heard the experts talk about how he was product of the system at Memphis and I always thought that didn't matter as much as what I saw and how he looked when he played but that would be the reason, I am not employees by an NFL team. I am really excited about one of my favorite college players that I followed signing with my Hawks. What do y'all think we'll get for Wilson now? joking.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Paxton Lynch :2thumbs:

Paxton Lynch is a big young (24) man at 6'-7' & 244 lbs. with 10 1/4 inch hands on 34 1/4 arms. Seeing him and Russell Wilson on the same field should be quite a sight. He must cast a fairly good sized shadow.

At the very least, Paxton should provide a useful scout team rehearsal for the defensive unit prior to going up against big and tall opposition quarterbacks. That's a useful trait for a back up in Seattle. Looking forward to hearing about him during the future OTAs.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/leighsteinberg/status/1086019625970585600[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/JessamynMcIntyr/status/1086038544085278721[/tweet]

According to jammerhawk's up to date roster, John has 48 contracts signed for the 2019 off season leaving 42 openings left to fill. Roster building John Schneider style. :2thumbs:

I totally agree with this sentiment. We need more different elements for our practice and preparation for the upcoming season. He is kinda cheap too at the moment. Hope they keep him covered in XBox 2 games. :2thumbs:
Pete likes to find ways to get guys on the field. Lynch has the size and length to bring a new dimension / option to those short yardage situations that invite quarterback sneaks. Paxton Lynch could work out to be a valuable role player in 2019.

pmedic920

Reaction score
knownone":d9t7jt4f said:
Hundley is a free agent, Lynch is cheaper than Hundley, and signing him won’t effect compensatory picks. It makes sense but I don’t know how confident I am with Lynch as our back up.

Surly your confidence didn’t drop any?

How confident could you have been w/Hundley?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I don't care who the back up is. Russ has played every meaningful snap since he arrived and took every single snap this season. If he goes down, we're screwed anyway. The cheaper the better.

On second thought. I do care. Bring back CBJ. At least he's gorgeous. Pay the man.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think it's humorous when people say things like "this is such a Pete move" as if 31 other teams aren't out there signing castoffs this time of year. Lynch was going to get one more shot somewhere and he chose a team that right now has no backup QB. Make sense for both sides.

Boycie

Reaction score
chris98251":37j62mdd said:
Tin Foil Hat theory.

They are trading Wilson and need a QB, Paxton is a first rounder that everyone says you have to have to win. It will open up the passing game since he can see to throw the slant patterns over the middle and increase our pass to run ratio. :p

All we need is a game managing QB any way. :stirthepot:

Seahawker

Reaction score
Dan McGwire, 6-8/240, 16th overall pick, 50% comp, 745 yds, 2td/6int, couldn't beat out Stan Gelbaugh & Kelly Stouffer.

Paxton Lynch, 6-7/245, 26th overall pick, 61% comp, 792 yds, 4td/4int, couldn't beat out Chad Kelly & Kevin Hogan.

I wish the guy luck, there may be UDFA competition who aren't distracted by video games.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahawker76":2js6g1ag said:
Dan McGwire, 6-8/240, 16th overall pick, 50% comp, 745 yds, 2td/6int, couldn't beat out Stan Gelbaugh & Kelly Stouffer.

Paxton Lynch, 6-7/245, 26th overall pick, 61% comp, 792 yds, 4td/4int, couldn't beat out Chad Kelly & Kevin Hogan.

I wish the guy luck, there may be UDFA competition who aren't distracted by video games.

It is not a distraction. How can you have the Madden curse if there is no Madden game? :stirthepot: :rumble: