Nothin' But Love

JRobinson

Reaction score
chris98251":5olbz3mh said:
JRobinson":5olbz3mh said:
chris98251":5olbz3mh said:
JRobinson":5olbz3mh said:
That may be the case, and as much as i despise the sea chickens, I respect your coach and your team. You guys made a lot of headway this season when most though you'd be 8-8 at best. But again, right now, the Rams are on top.

You keep saying that
right now, the Rams are on top
like you need to remind yourself of the fact, most here thought we would be resetting and that the Rams would be a placeholder while we recalibrate. You all have done a great job as the B team, next season I think there may be a bit of a struggle to maintain that however.

Placeholder eh?

So over the last decade you guys have finished first 4 times. We are now at 2 over the last decade and back in the playoffs. If calling us a ‘B team’ makes you feel better then continue labeling us as that. But the facts are the facts: we are the better team in back to back seasons. And least I remind you that since 2014 you are 3-7 against us, so it actually looks like it may be a bit of a struggle for you to keep up with our new high powered attack.

Selective arn't we, lets go back to 2002, we been kicking ass in this division for 18 years.

Chris you know as well as I do.... this is a "What have you done for me lately" ordeal... just like every sport. Im sure our team will be 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th in the division one day. And Lately, we've been kicking your rear end. And lets be frank shall we? This division has been crap for a good long while... With my team leading the charge.

JRobinson

Reaction score
AgentDib":30s59mfn said:
JRobinson":30s59mfn said:
So over the last decade you guys have finished first 4 times. We are now at 2 over the last decade and back in the playoffs. If calling us a ‘B team’ makes you feel better then continue labeling us as that.
"D team" fits the facts a lot better.

Since NFC West realignment (2002) the Seahawks are first with a point differential of +855. The 49ers are second with a point differential of -702. The Cardinals are third with a point differential of -771. The Rams bring up the rear with a point differential of -1032. In order to "catch up" to a +855 point differential the Rams would need to duplicate their performance from this last season (+143 point differential) for 13 straight seasons.

GMwiuhj

Who give a flying flip about point differentials? How many playoff games does a team win, how often are they there, and the most important: How often do you win the big one? The only team even worth mentioning is the Patriots.

Everyone and their mother knows that the Rams have been abysmal and inept since really 2005 just about. All we had for years was Steven Jackson.. who you guys got acquainted with really well. Don't get me started with having multiple HCs in the building with they likes of Scott Linehan, Steve Spagnuolo, and Jeff Fisher.

BigMeach

Reaction score
JRobinson":2row128w said:
BigMeach":2row128w said:
JRobinson":2row128w said:
BigMeach":2row128w said:
You definitely are the team to beat, considering you won the division. That being said, 7 points was the difference between us winning the division and you winning the division. We're a lot closer than you think.

That may be the case, and as much as i despise the sea chickens, I respect your coach and your team. You guys made a lot of headway this season when most though you'd be 8-8 at best. But again, right now, the Rams are on top.

I'm not really sure where this was disputed? You keep saying it as though I'm saying it's not true. Is it one of those things where you were bad for so long you need to keep repeating you're the best in the division to help forget how easy it is to be bad?

Read some of your posters comments, it has been disputed as ‘luck’ and ‘flavor of the month’. Instead, how about just giving credit where it’s due. Which, there are a few on here who are respectful and pragmatic. Overall, not so much, which is expected coming over as a division rival fan.

How does this thread have anything to do with your team? You made it about that, or are at least trying to. I don't speak for anyone else here and noone else here speaks for me. Don't quote me and respond to me with retorts regarding conversations (that you aren't even pointing to) from other posts with other people. I honestly do not care about the Rams whatsoever and if this is how you respond to posts how can you really expect any response praising them, deserved or otherwise?

Stop fishing for a compliment, you're a fan you should understand how this works. Now how about we get back to dreaming about the future, while you watch your team that's still playing and be happy about it.

It never lasts forever, enjoy it while you can.

chris98251

Reaction score
JRobinson":qatacmmx said:
chris98251":qatacmmx said:
JRobinson":qatacmmx said:
chris98251":qatacmmx said:
You keep saying that like you need to remind yourself of the fact, most here thought we would be resetting and that the Rams would be a placeholder while we recalibrate. You all have done a great job as the B team, next season I think there may be a bit of a struggle to maintain that however.

Placeholder eh?

So over the last decade you guys have finished first 4 times. We are now at 2 over the last decade and back in the playoffs. If calling us a ‘B team’ makes you feel better then continue labeling us as that. But the facts are the facts: we are the better team in back to back seasons. And least I remind you that since 2014 you are 3-7 against us, so it actually looks like it may be a bit of a struggle for you to keep up with our new high powered attack.

Selective arn't we, lets go back to 2002, we been kicking ass in this division for 18 years.

Chris you know as well as I do.... this is a "What have you done for me lately" ordeal... just like every sport. Im sure our team will be 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th in the division one day. And Lately, we've been kicking your rear end. And lets be frank shall we? This division has been crap for a good long while... With my team leading the charge.

And lately for 18 years the Rams have been washing the Jocks of the 49ers. Cards, and Seahawks with your 8-8 and 7-9 seasons. You have 2 years of playing decent football and want us to man crush your team, Chip Kelly did about the same thing.

Oh and if you look up this is a Seahawks Site and our main forum about the Seahawks, not the NFL forum, we credited the Rams with having a good year, thats about as far as your going to get, we all expected it.

When your Florida Marlin team finishes the year and needs to make everyone happy we will see where your at, regardless, we are not going away, in fact you don't have time to look over your shoulders we are that close, if the 49ers are what they were with Grappalo then thats two teams hunting your Rams. Being the Hunted is a lot different then Hunting.

But your Rams don't know that yet.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I agree. I just try to think most are just venting.

It’s been said over and over about the key losses going into the reason. Talking heads expected the team to win 4 or 5 games.

To win 10 games in a rebuild year was unexpected.

To see so many rookies and second year players step up is very promising. Hope JS continues that trend with
-another solid draft class
-unearthing UDFA gems like Poona Ford
-signing players considered castoffs like Fluker. Why else would a former first RD pick sign a 1 year vet minimum contract?

Can’t wait for the draft!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Aros":1tyqbxbo said:
I haven't been on .NET much since the loss because of all the negativity. I get it, I really do. It was not how we should have gone out. I won't even discuss the particulars since they have been drilled in ad nauseam. Ever since 2013 when we finally won it all, I have found it incredibly difficult to get as bent out of shape as I used to over a loss. Especially a playoff loss. Sure, I still get angry, I still emote in ways my family would prefer I didn't - I'm not dead after all - but something changed in me the day we won it all on February 2nd, 2014.

I thought for sure we would beat the Cowboys. I felt we matched up well against them. I assumed a close win by 3 or so. Unfortunately they won by 2. Not a shock. Dak played the game he needed to in order to pull it out. So when I came to the site to decompress, I guess I shouldn't have been all that surprised with the haters coming back out from the shadows. The negativity on what to me was one hell of an impressive season given the circumstances, was, well, disappointing.

So I end with this. I friggin' LOVE this team. I love Pete Carroll, John Schneider, what Solari has done to take our worthless OL and turn them into one of the better lines in the league. I love the heart and pain Carson delivers on every play that we haven't seen since Lynch's hey day.

I love the blend of new, young talent buying in, mixed with just the right amount of savvy veterans. I love Russ' eternal optimism and ability to keep the team in every single game every single year.

I love the passion from all of you 12's. Even those we label "haters". After all, nothing kills a franchise more than apathy.

2019 is already set up to be a fantastic season. I can't even wait. GO HAWKS!!

I would bet money that most of the people throwing fits about this season, are the same people who claimed this team would only win a few games this season. Truly laughable.

JRobinson

Reaction score
chris98251":evx64kn4 said:
JRobinson":evx64kn4 said:
chris98251":evx64kn4 said:
JRobinson":evx64kn4 said:
Placeholder eh?

And lately for 18 years the Rams have been washing the Jocks of the 49ers. Cards, and Seahawks with your 8-8 and 7-9 seasons. You have 2 years of playing decent football and want us to man crush your team, Chip Kelly did about the same thing.

Oh and if you look up this is a Seahawks Site and our main forum about the Seahawks, not the NFL forum, we credited the Rams with having a good year, thats about as far as your going to get, we all expected it.

When your Florida Marlin team finishes the year and needs to make everyone happy we will see where your at, regardless, we are not going away, in fact you don't have time to look over your shoulders we are that close, if the 49ers are what they were with Grappalo then thats two teams hunting your Rams. Being the Hunted is a lot different then Hunting.

And we may not know it for a while if the trend of winning continues. What leads you to believe that we won’t be as good as we have?... Please, spare me the ‘how are you gonna pay everyone’ cliche remark. Barron, Joyner, and even Suh are most likely gone and won’t be here next season, and all of them are replaceable based on production this season. If you don’t think we can draft well, then you’re mistaken because all the newbies are contributing right now.

Being hunted as you say is fine, when you have an alpha male in McVay and Co. you feel pretty confident that a ‘Miami Marlins’ situation is obsolete and irrelevant.

If you are scared of Garapolo then that’s on you... let’s see how that ages. :pukeface:

JRobinson

Reaction score
BigMeach":3kp7fhf7 said:
JRobinson":3kp7fhf7 said:
BigMeach":3kp7fhf7 said:
JRobinson":3kp7fhf7 said:

I'm not really sure where this was disputed? You keep saying it as though I'm saying it's not true. Is it one of those things where you were bad for so long you need to keep repeating you're the best in the division to help forget how easy it is to be bad?

Read some of your posters comments, it has been disputed as ‘luck’ and ‘flavor of the month’. Instead, how about just giving credit where it’s due. Which, there are a few on here who are respectful and pragmatic. Overall, not so much, which is expected coming over as a division rival fan.

Don't quote me and respond to me with retorts regarding conversations (that you aren't even pointing to) from other posts with other people.

If you read the threads, you should see them yourself, as I mentioned, I don’t have to point them out.

Pretty sure I didn’t quote you at all, don’t make it personal.

chris98251

Reaction score
JRobinson":1n4jb450 said:
chris98251":1n4jb450 said:
JRobinson":1n4jb450 said:
chris98251":1n4jb450 said:

And we may not know it for a while if the trend of winning continues. What leads you to believe that we won’t be as good as we have?... Please, spare me the ‘how are you gonna pay everyone’ cliche remark. Barron, Joyner, and even Suh are most likely gone and won’t be here next season, and all of them are replaceable based on production this season. If you don’t think we can draft well, then you’re mistaken because all the newbies are contributing right now.

Being hunted as you say is fine, when you have an alpha male in McVay and Co. you feel pretty confident that a ‘Miami Marlins’ situation is obsolete and irrelevant.

If you are scared of Garapolo then that’s on you... let’s see how that ages. :pukeface:

Not scared of Grappolo, but he has that factor that makes them click and whats more is the team believes in him and that is whats dangerous about him.

Trends get broken, when the Rams play a team that is their equal they struggle, on the road they will get a test of their abiloity to play in a non familiar sitituation, Rams fans do not travel well, heck they don't even go to home games, why I think the Saints have a hole card. If you don't win it all this year the following years are going to be harder for you, thats what is going to be trending.

JRobinson

Reaction score
chris98251":3564aw96 said:
JRobinson":3564aw96 said:
chris98251":3564aw96 said:
JRobinson":3564aw96 said:

Not scared of Grappolo, but he has that factor that makes them click and whats more is the team believes in him and that is whats dangerous about him.

Trends get broken, when the Rams play a team that is their equal they struggle, on the road they will get a test of their abiloity to play in a non familiar sitituation, Rams fans do not travel well, heck they don't even go to home games, why I think the Saints have a hole card. If you don't win it all this year the following years are going to be harder for you, thats what is going to be trending.

There is a lot I agree with you on here bro. I’m in the camp that’s not high on Jimmy G, I believe he’s good and all, but not a true difference maker; at least not yet.

Trends to get broken, and McVay may be right there with most coaches who end up getting ousted in the long run due to being figured out. But I’d also say that he’s off to a good start, clearly..... and it would be in the best interest of the Rams if he became the next long time success story. No, I’m not putting his name in with the Bill’s and the Peyton’s of the league, but it’s encouraging to see what he’s done and even duplicated already.

As I mentioned, so far so good with this regime’s drafting capabilities. Time will tell if we struggle after this season as you point out, but trying to be pragmatic..... I don’t see ya struggling. Winning 10 or 11 games? Sure. But struggling? Need more track record and indication to sell me on that.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
First off, I really despise that my thread has turned into a pissing match with a divisional rival fan.

Secondly, I think you are a decent guy, nowhere near the trolls we have dealt with over the years. However, it behooves me to remind you that referring to the Seattle Seahawks in the antiquated derogatory term "Sea Chickens" isn't going to win you any points in a well-established Seahawks fan forum (even if it was tongue-in-cheek). Respect is a two way street.

If I was to go on one of the top Rams forums and state somewhere in my post something about the "Lambs" I would fully expect to get the treatment I deserve.

The NFL is cyclical. The Seahawks have clearly demonstrated a great degree of success since Mike Holmgren took over the helm in 1998. I won't bother with stats. The Rams haven't been in the conference championship since, what, 2001? That's okay, not a slam, just an observation. Currently the Rams are enjoying success. Just like one day the 49ers will, the Cardinals will, and so on. Hell, even the Browns are on the rise!

Back to the point of my thread, as an Original 12 (1976), I am damn proud of my team on so many levels. I remember all too well the dark days of this franchise (the 1990's were for the most part a walking, breathing nightmare). So even in a so-called "Rebuilding" year to be 10-6, make the playoffs and take the top team in the division within a few measly points in both games? Yeah, I am thrilled about it, and more importantly thrilled that we are once again going to be a thorn in the Rams side moving forward.

Go Saints. :stirthepot:

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":3dabfdjr said:
First off, I really despise that my thread has turned into a pissing match with a divisional rival fan.

Secondly, I think you are a decent guy, nowhere near the trolls we have dealt with over the years. However, it behooves me to remind you that referring to the Seattle Seahawks in the antiquated derogatory term "Sea Chickens" isn't going to win you any points in a well-established Seahawks fan forum (even if it was tongue-in-cheek). Respect is a two way street.

If I was to go on one of the top Rams forums and state somewhere in my post something about the "Lambs" I would fully expect to get the treatment I deserve.

The NFL is cyclical. The Seahawks have clearly demonstrated a great degree of success since Mike Holmgren took over the helm in 1998. I won't bother with stats. The Rams haven't been in the conference championship since, what, 2001? That's okay, not a slam, just an observation. Currently the Rams are enjoying success. Just like one day the 49ers will, the Cardinals will, and so on. Hell, even the Browns are on the rise!

Back to the point of my thread, as an Original 12 (1976), I am damn proud of my team on so many levels. I remember all too well the dark days of this franchise (the 1990's were for the most part a walking, breathing nightmare). So even in a so-called "Rebuilding" year to be 10-6, make the playoffs and take the top team in the division within a few measly points in both games? Yeah, I am thrilled about it, and more importantly thrilled that we are once again going to be a thorn in the Rams side moving forward.

2c49b83baf0286  seahawks football seattle seahawks

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for people that still refer to us as "Sea Chickens". It's like the South still holding on to the confederate flag as if the "South will rise again!" It's such an antiquated mind set it's actually laughable. There are so many smarter, more intuitive ways to hit us below the belt it seems to elude the lowest common denominator (and no I will not give you rival fans any clues).

I remember when the term "Sea Chickens" used to piss me off like nothing else. But then again that was the early-mid 90's when we were absolute garbage and I had no comeback whatsoever. But since 1998?

Go ahead, raise that flag. All we can do is laugh.

JRobinson

Reaction score
Aros":1gkot9sj said:

Good post. And noted.

There is indeed much to be proud of at a “Seahawk” fan :| ;) . What your team has done this particular season has to feel very promising. I wasn’t a fan of the NFL until 2006, but I remember the Shaun Alexander days, and how physical you guys always seemed to play.

Yes you will be a thorn in our side as we will hopefully be in yours. Like you, we are finally well coached which accounts for much. Our track record isn’t as long, but it appears that our rivalry will maintain is relevance.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Thanks Aros!

I tried to place a positive spin and ignore the person who hijacked this tread but one of our devoted fans took the bait and continued to feed the troll. This guy has a history of doing this so I cannot understand why we continue to try and have a constructed conversation because he cannot do this.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rams discussions belong in the NFL forum. Continued off topic posts by visiting fans will lead to banning.

Future off topic posts will be removed.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Just a whole group of us!