4 years ago today...

calinator

Reaction score
sdog1981":1fr8274z said:
With the way 49 ended. I would rather they have lost this game.

I agree and with the offense playing like crap for about 90% of the game I don't look that fondly on it.

calinator

Reaction score
Donn2390":309ryu6m said:
sdog1981":309ryu6m said:
I can't believe anyone would make a statement like that...!!??
In that case, every year that they can't win the SB, they should just lose every game they play. Then you would be happy..
Why bother to win any games if you aren't going to win the SB........ Shaking my head in disbelief,,,,,

Because the heartache of that year would be much much much less. It doesn't make sense to want your team to lose but in this scenario with how close and tragic it was it's logical to rather have them lose. I get if that makes no sense to you but what ever.

Literally, our run will not be known for having a great team that decimated the Broncos 43-8 with Beast mode and the LOB. When casuals hear Seahawks they only think of "the team that didn't run the ball" which resulted in destroying the team because of one play.

I honestly don't think the play call was bad but because of the result it killed our franchise.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
calinator":1pi0hhf2 said:
Donn2390":1pi0hhf2 said:
sdog1981":1pi0hhf2 said:
I can't believe anyone would make a statement like that...!!??
In that case, every year that they can't win the SB, they should just lose every game they play. Then you would be happy..
Why bother to win any games if you aren't going to win the SB........ Shaking my head in disbelief,,,,,

Because the heartache of that year would be much much much less. It doesn't make sense to want your team to lose but in this scenario with how close and tragic it was it's logical to rather have them lose. I get if that makes no sense to you but what ever.

Literally, our run will not be known for having a great team that decimated the Broncos 43-8 with Beast mode and the LOB. When casuals hear Seahawks they only think of "the team that didn't run the ball" which resulted in destroying the team because of one play.

I honestly don't think the play call was bad but because of the result it killed our franchise.
It did not kill our franchise. Good god.
:177692:

evergreen

Reaction score
It was pure magic to come back like that. Remember the Hail Mary two point conversion just to be safe? Then Rogers marched them down to tie. 49 definitely casts a shadow over that game tho. Had we won 49 that NFCCG would be our greatest game.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":23yplpjq said:
I know a lot of ya’ll are still bitter about 49 but, for me, NOTHING is as bad as XL. Not even close. I still have not watched that game replay and I never will. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

I agree. After 49, we still had 48 to hold on to.
After 40, there was nothing before

chris98251

Reaction score
Disagree there was a lot of football memories, the inaugural season, first Monday night game, subsequent Monday night games and great games beating teams others said we had no chance beating, contests with the Raiders were always fun, our first step into the playoffs, winning the division, seeing great players like Easley, Tez, Largent every week.

We had a great pre Super Bowl Era as a Expansion team.

Championships make all the times getting to one worthwhile as a fan, but enjoying the ups and downs on that road there is also special. Like meeting a new special person and having a relationship, most the enjoyment comes from the challenge of making them your partner.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
chris98251":1v1mvq13 said:
Disagree there was a lot of football memories, the inaugural season, first Monday night game, subsequent Monday night games and great games beating teams others said we had no chance beating, contests with the Raiders were always fun, our first step into the playoffs, winning the division, seeing great players like Easley, Tez, Largent every week.

We had a great pre Super Bowl Era as a Expansion team.

Championships make all the times getting to one worthwhile as a fan, but enjoying the ups and downs on that road there is also special. Like meeting a new special person and having a relationship, most the enjoyment comes from the challenge of making them your partner.
Great post! :2thumbs: