Makes us losing out early easier to take

bearhawk

Reaction score
Can you imagine if that horrible no call had happened to us ???

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2591cf6n said:
I'd rather have gotten to the championship.

Me too..

Bad officiating is part of the nfl experience at this point. Every team, even the Rams, have a story.

Seymour

Reaction score
It makes nothing easier IMO. I did not expect to go far this year but it brought hope. That hope was dimmed by the way things ended. It became blatantly clear that our coaches will carry their game plan to being beaten down to the fetal position before taking what is given. That makes next season difficult to tolerate more of the same...and it will happen. :cry:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1sem58fp said:
It makes nothing easier IMO. I did not expect to go far this year but it brought hope. That hope was dimmed by the way things ended. It became blatantly clear that our coaches will carry their game plan to being beaten down to the fetal position before taking what is given. That makes next season difficult to tolerate more of the same...and it will happen. :cry:

If not for the terrible game changing call in New Orleans, the story of a Saints loss would have fallen on Sean Payton's terrible playcalling in the Red Zone and overall bad clock management in the 4th quarter............same with KC today, everyone's ripping Andy Reid for sticking to that horrible zone defense the entire 4th quarter and overtime allowing the Pat's to just convert 3rd and long after 3rd and long.

So what you're talking about is not unique to us, and unless our coach is named Belichick and QB is named Brady, it's not as fatalistic as you're making this out to be Seymour.

Pete and John have the ability, as they've already shown this year to build another great defense to compliment Russell in his prime. I like our chances to get back to another SB as anyone else in the league right now that's building.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":v4drpfme said:
Seymour":v4drpfme said:

If not for the terrible game changing call in New Orleans, the story of a Saints loss would have fallen on Sean Payton's terrible playcalling in the Red Zone and overall bad clock management in the 4th quarter............same with KC today, everyone's ripping Andy Reid for sticking to that horrible zone defense the entire 4th quarter and overtime allowing the Pat's to just convert 3rd and long after 3rd and long.

So what you're talking about is not unique to us, and unless our coach is named Belichick and QB is named Brady, it's not as fatalistic as you're making this out to be Seymour.

Pete and John have the ability, as they've already shown this year to build another great defense to compliment Russell in his prime. I like our chances to get back to another SB as anyone else in the league right now that's building.

"Difficult to tolerate" and "dims our hopes" is NOT fatalistic just so you know. :roll:

Fatalistic would be "we'll never win again", "we will suck", "there is no chance".....ect.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2apw0r34 said:
Sgt. Largent":2apw0r34 said:
Seymour":2apw0r34 said:

"Difficult to tolerate" and "dims our hopes" is NOT fatalistic just so you know. :roll:

Fatalistic would be "we'll never win again", "we will suck", "there is no chance".....ect.

Doesn't get more fatalistic then this.

It became blatantly clear that our coaches will carry their game plan to being beaten down to the fetal position before taking what is given. That makes next season difficult to tolerate more of the same...and it will happen. :cry:
[/quote]

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1qrw6w7d said:
Seymour":1qrw6w7d said:
Sgt. Largent":1qrw6w7d said:
Seymour":1qrw6w7d said:

It became blatantly clear that our coaches will carry their game plan to being beaten down to the fetal position before taking what is given. That makes next season difficult to tolerate more of the same...and it will happen. :cry:
[/quote]

Fatal = death. I did not say no hope. You make your own definitions fine. Don't project them onto me. :177692:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1b6gtwf1 said:
Sgt. Largent":1b6gtwf1 said:
Seymour":1b6gtwf1 said:
Sgt. Largent":1b6gtwf1 said:

Fatal = death. I did not say no hope. You make your own definitions fine. Don't project them onto me. :177692:[/quote]

fatal, pessimistic, negative..........they're all appropriate for how little you think of our coaches.

It's OK to be positive once in a while Seymour, you should try it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's unfortunate but the flavour of the month seems to be negative, several here ride the flavour bandwagon. When the team is winning doing what cost them success in Dallas and the coaches are brilliant, but not so much when the commitment to the run doesn't work.

Next season when the running game works they will be brilliant again. We all need to move on and look at things realistically and less emotionally.

The team had a good season, considering the significant roster changes made. The roster will be more mature and hopefully better next season. Time will tell.

Seymour

Reaction score
It is unfortunate in a thread basically titled "Misery loves Company" posters have to come in and lambaste people for not shitting rainbows. :3-1:

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":25y17i9y said:
It is unfortunate in a thread basically titled "Misery loves Company" posters have to come in and lambaste people for not shitting rainbows. :3-1:

Well if the quit putting the Unicorns in the glue factory we may have more Rainbows.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Can you imagine?

This travesty is now part of the saints story, a missed tackle last year, and this year, a blown refereeing call. Sucks to be a Saints fan again this year!

Geez it already has happened to us. Vinnie’s helmet, the travesty that was XL, and there are others. That refereeing fail points out without any question that there needs to be some ability to revisit these refereeing mistakes so accurately caught on video.

If the league fails to do something about this rubbishserved up as fair competition then the game is no different than wrestling and the fake results delivered there.

Nothing makes losing easier to take.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rams were flat out handed that Super Bowl birth. What a pathetic joke. This might as well be Pro Wrestling. I'd rather lose than go to a Super Bowl on the worst non-call in NFL playoff history.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
bearhawk":1mutji8a said:

One call doesn't make the game. They had other chances including in OT. Blaming it is just fans being fans.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":j5wyy0ba said:
bearhawk":j5wyy0ba said:

One call doesn't make the game. They had other chances including in OT. Blaming it is just fans being fans.

Imagine how that KC DE feels about the penalty that took away a game ending INT b/c he was lined up offside.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
We wouldn't have made it to this game anyways. Our best case scenario was the divisional round.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don't agree Steve, as every game holds the possibility of a W. I think Dallas had a great game and stuffed our run game and the staff didn't give up on it early enough. Dallas needs to to be given credit for a good solid game plan and solid play defensively. Let us not forget the team only lost by 2 points and had a missed FG and a injured out of commission PK for the 2nd half.