Welcome to the new Mods

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":1ykf1yme said:
Sports Hernia":1ykf1yme said:
HawkGA":1ykf1yme said:
KitsapGuy":1ykf1yme said:
Actually, HawkFan72 has been a mod. HawkGA is the other new one. ;)

Thanks Kitsap, I was about to give Chris a timeout for leaving me out!
Yeah, you got to try that button out and make sure it works! 8)

Are you volunteering????
I was volunteering Chris to be your guinea pig. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkFan72":23yjv34k said:
I've been a mod since 2013 and worked alongside you Chris...but my feelings aren't hurt. :laugh:
You were/are the nice and calm mod. Kept us loose cannons in line. ;)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My God have mercy on your Souls. ;)

But kidding aside, congrats!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
LOL!

Thanks for the kind words from those who extended them! I don't know whether to be thankful or concerned.

This place is far different from some of the bad old days where Les and the always capable others would regularly need to woodshed a few oppositional or cantankerous (great word) souls, either by scolding or short banishments. For the most part the need for mods is mostly limited to those who forget the basic rules here, and allow themselves to forget it's OK to disagree about things. The board now seems very well mannered and respectful with rare exception.

I truly doubt any of us want to be banned or scolded, or have our posts edited, so let's all just try to play nice and discuss stuff like reasonable folks so the job of being a Mod is not a pain in the rear for those who agreed to be blue. Hope I'm not being preachy.

Just in case several wonder about the rules of the site, and it never hurts to be reminded, here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20981

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":35cigu7l said:
LOL!

Thanks for the kind words from those who extended them! I don't know whether to be thankful or concerned.

This place is far different from some of the bad old days where Les and the always capable others would regularly need to woodshed a few oppositional or cantankerous (great word) souls, either by scolding or short banishments. For the most part the need for mods is mostly limited to those who forget the basic rules here, and allow themselves to forget it's OK to disagree about things. The board now seems very well mannered and respectful with rare exception.

I truly doubt any of us want to be banned or scolded, or have our posts edited, so let's all just try to play nice and discuss stuff like reasonable folks so the job of being a Mod is not a pain in the rear for those who agreed to be blue. Hope I'm not being preachy.

Just in case several wonder about the rules of the site, and it never hurts to be reminded, here is the link:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20981

You should know that I never walk in others footsteps but make my own by now :)

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2hft5fze said:
LOL!

Agree. Unfortunately one of those that lashes out against others of differing opinion, then puts himself on a pedestal was just made a mod. I'm not naming names, but it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Congrats to all others. 8)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
C'mon man, I get you and the Mod not named don't always get along but was that really necessary other than to restate your disagreements?

With respect to your view about the Mod as unnamed as well I can tell you that opinions very dramatically form your viewpoint so to me it might be wise to try to put your personality differences behind you and simply agree to disagree and move forward.

I don't intend to say more than this here, but I can tell you I greatly respect the Mod in question who to me is a credit to the board. However, if it is me, well we disagree, but I'm prepared to move forward and urge you to do the same.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok, Mods are Members first and foremost, they are still allowed to have their opinions and post on topics, the problem really comes down to can the posters differentiate when they are posting about a topic or posting as a Mod, I tried most times to highlight text in a post as a Mod in color to indicate it was as a Mod. I still was prolific in my posting and opinions. Some people can't see the difference and feel a Mod should not post against another persons post in disagreement and scream abuse etc.

The other issue is those that have an issue with a Mod and personality clash over viewpoints, the want to get the Mod demoted and post a bunch of complaints etc think it's will make their life easier. Wrong...

Mods have good days and bad days and lives also, they are not perfect and have their strengths and weaknesses as we all do. Just respect the job they are trying to do, they deal with all of us from different economic, culteral and social backgrounds and have to reason thru some of the information and posting styles and language from all those influences to determine if it was meant as a slight or just how that person communicates.

Us as posters need to try to do a simular thing, we don't know if Johnny2fist is 15 and from the projects in Chicago when he is talking to Tomthemilliomnarie 60 from Liechtenstein these days. They will communicate differently. You need to get a feel for each posters personality and style.

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":13vcdg18 said:
C'mon man, I get you and the Mod not named don't always get along but was that really necessary other than to restate your disagreements?

With respect to your view about the Mod as unnamed as well I can tell you that opinions very dramatically form your viewpoint so to me it might be wise to try to put your personality differences behind you and simply agree to disagree and move forward.

I don't intend to say more than this here, but I can tell you I greatly respect the Mod in question who to me is a credit to the board. However, if it is me, well we disagree, but I'm prepared to move forward and urge you to do the same.

You are correct. It was unnecessary. So is 95% of the content here, so there is that too. Why can't we openly discuss how we feel about decisions here that effect everyone that follows if it was done in a non threatening manner is my question for you I suppose? :?:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1t9xfd6a said:
LOL!

You’re being preachy brother <ducks the ban hammer as it wizzes by my head>.
8)

In all seriousness, it’s a tough and thankless job, but at times rewarding. I didn’t become a mod for the gratitude or praise, I did it to hopefully be a part of making the place better. Did I succeed at that? I’m sure some would say yes and others no, but the effort was there.

All of us will get too “pumped and jacked” when discussing topics at times, and cross the line and need to be told to “slow our roll”.

Different personalities, different POV’s, is what makes a community.
If we all had the exact same opinion on everything, this would be a very boring place.

Again, I thank the new mods for taking the responsibility, the older ones for doing it for so long, and the ownerships, past and present for keeping the fire burning. :2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Foregive me for being preachy, I guess I was.

There were times in the past and still occasionally are times this place would be/can be a wild west nightmare of name calling and foolish cheap shots and needless ad hominem argument. The huge amount of effort by many past and present Mods has most tamed an occasionally wild place so discussion can be had sensibly. But there are always those cats who need to be herded, folks having a bad day, someone responding poorly to perceived provocation, etc..

We are all better than that old way :3-1: and need to remember you can disagree without being nasty about it. :17:

So endeth this sermon. :les:

No mas!!!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":99b1vfj9 said:
8)

In all seriousness, it’s a tough and thankless job, but at times rewarding. I didn’t become a mod for the gratitude or praise, I did it to hopefully be a part of making the place better. Did I succeed at that? I’m sure some would say yes and others no, but the effort was there.

All of us will get too “pumped and jacked” when discussing topics at times, and cross the line and need to be told to “slow our roll”.

If we all had the exact same opinion on everything, this would be a very boring place.

Again, I thank the new mods for taking the responsibility, the older ones for doing it for so long, and the ownerships, past and present for keeping the fire burning. :2thumbs:

Who are you kidding!! You came for the chicks!! :mrgreen:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
chris98251":3oz5oas6 said:
HawkFan72":3oz5oas6 said:
I've been a mod since 2013 and worked alongside you Chris...but my feelings aren't hurt. :laugh:

I was at work and in between doing stuff and was coping and pasteingm HawkGA and HawkFan72, I was in a hurry and grabbed the wrong Hawk. when I cam back to finish it.

My Apologies to you both.

As far as the Button I know where it is and Ain't telling..........................
Hey Chris. Was there a reason you dondnt recruit a spell checker mod?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3fjlylog said:
Sports Hernia":3fjlylog said:
8)

Who are you kidding!! You came for the chicks!! :mrgreen:
The truth has outed me.
Touche’! :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":tla9l9w6 said:
chris98251":tla9l9w6 said:
HawkFan72":tla9l9w6 said:

I was at work and in between doing stuff and was coping and pasteingm HawkGA and HawkFan72, I was in a hurry and grabbed the wrong Hawk. when I cam back to finish it.

As far as the Button I know where it is and Ain't telling..........................
Oh.... he just went there! :180670:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You guys are making me laugh.

Oh if there were only chicks as reward for being Mods there would be a huge line-up for the gig, putting aside the fantastic pay rates and awesome work benefits. Several on the board would have harems, and we’d have start a home decorating or make up artistry forum along with the many others.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2gfuaarq said:
chris98251":2gfuaarq said:
HawkFan72":2gfuaarq said:

Well I fat finger the hell out of everything and am on multiple computers all the time. I attempt to pre read stuff but hey I get busy and am not going to put a spell checker on everything I work off of. Also the spell check that is there does not always work in replies for some reason.

I didn't know that Roland had retired as the Grammer and Spelling guru. I thought this thread was about New Mod's not new Spelling and Grammer Police.

:)

Anything else?

Jville

Reaction score
Has it been almost a month now? My Oh My ..... how time flies.

I just wanted to circle back around and thank everyone for all the encouragement and support. Our goal is to work together to make 2019 the best year yet for seahawks.net ..... one day at a time.

Go Hawks!

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":chqqxgaq said:
Has it been almost a month now? My Oh My ..... how time flies.

I just wanted to circle back around and thank everyone for all the encouragement and support. Our goal is to work together to make 2019 the best year yet for seahawks.net ..... one day at a time.

Go Hawks!

I have Managers and VP's that talk like that, why I never trust them :)