WR Jordy Nelson visiting Seahawks

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Fade":3o4w5soi said:
12AngryHawks":3o4w5soi said:
sutz":3o4w5soi said:
I'd rather go younger. I don't see WR as such a mess that we need an "experienced vet" to bring it around. We have plenty of experience. I'd look to the draft for WR help.

I agree, they already have vets in Baldwin & Brown. Plus, Baldwin is our slot receiver, there's literally no need for Nelson. It would just be Brandon Marshall 2.0

If they get a receiver, it should be through the draft. I personally like Keesean Johnson from Fresno State.

Nelson is an outside receiver though?

He would play the David Moore spot @ predominately X.

Well, then the articles I read mislabeled him as a slot receiver. Either way, I still don't think we need to sign him.

King Dog

Reaction score
Whooooooooooooooo. Heck yes. Sign the man, and if he gets beat out by someone else on our roster (sure) GREAT!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I say yes, but not for top $. He got over $7 mil last year, I don't want to spend that much on him, maybe $5 mil. I think he would be an upgrade over David Moore, add a safety net if Baldwin or Lockett get hurt again and overall be a good fit on this team. Russ would have a reliable big target on the outside and although the upside is not that of a high draft pick the floor is pretty high for a quality veteran like Jordy.

Fade

Reaction score
Just an FYI for people Nelson lined up 66% outside last season. In Green Bay he lined up almost always outside.

6-3 big body X receiver who has lost some speed, but is a professional route runner with great hands, and has mastered the art of using his body for the back shoulder throw. A stop gap player at this juncture but would be an upgrade in the short term, and a perfect mentor to David Moore who would be benefit a lot from being around Jordy.

He would be a perfect fit for Pete Carroll's 50/50 jump ball vertical offense.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
i agree with Fade for exactly his reasons, Nelson also won't affect the comp pick calculus if signed as he was released as earlier observed above.

Some here are of the belief that Jalen Hurd is bigger than he measured at the combine, he's taller than Nelson but is 226 and not 240 as some believe.

Attached is his combine profile: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jalen-hur ... 37c6bf565f

Hurd is a very interesting but presently raw prospect whereas Nelson would deliver now and could mentor the young guys we have here already. i am intrigued by the possibilities of Hurd but am disappointed that Hurd didn't run any of the shuttles at the combine as a knock on him is short areas quickness. I also thought he ran high in his film and took a lot of punishment when tackled. Still a lot of his film when a RB was in the SEC and he was a forceful runner. If he could be added i could see an early role and suspect the team may be curious about him.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I didn't hear of a deal yesterday, so I assume he's moved on and will sign with the Patriots.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Another price bargaining visit where the Hawks are used to drive up the player's price?

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Seahawks seldom sign after an initial visit, so we'll see. I initially said I was against signing him, but if he does sign, I'll root for him like any Seahawk.

James in PA

Reaction score
I bet Jordy signs with New England. Might we bring back Kearse words??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
I am hoping that no news is good news. I feel like we need Jordy, especially with Doug's surgeries.

seabowl

Reaction score
toffee":34p6zdbv said:
I am hoping that no news is good news. I feel like we need Jody, especially with Doug's surgeries.

Don't think Paul would have allowed his sister to play.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
seabowl":1rwti9qw said:
toffee":1rwti9qw said:
I am hoping that no news is good news. I feel like we need Jody, especially with Doug's surgeries.

Don't think Paul would have allowed his sister to play.
He would have put it in his will,lovely thought though,she must be some special woman :) :) :) :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Has there been any news of anything to do with Jordy Nelson since he visited the team?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sounds like he is retiring

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1110909894675390469[/tweet]

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Probably didn't get a big enough offer to justify one more year. Oh well I hope we dont settle for Kearse.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This just popped up as an alert.

Not sure of the timing and it appears to be a “he said” thing.
aa8117218925bbbe057d18f57426ad2d.jpg

James in PA

Reaction score
Just heard this too. Damn Jordy was the best option out there. Ugh. Crappy year to be looking for WR depth in free agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
There will be cuts come August of higher priced Vets, this is just the first round of Free Agency, the second round comes when they get down to the 56 man, we don't have the staggered cut downs anymore based on last year now.

Maybe Percy Harvin still wants to play and you know Terrell Owens says he can also :)