I want to come home, I bet you won't like and share?!

kidhawk

Reaction score
“Yeah. Look, I would love to play back in Seattle,” Kearse said. “Obviously, things have to work out on its own and things have to be right.

That tells me that he would love to play in Seattle if they make him a good offer. Doesn't sound like he's willing to take whatever Seattle has to offer, and will come back only if he gets market value.

Seymour

Reaction score
Can't say I blame Kearse for not taking a hometown discount. And Frankly, If Doug is not going to be healthy, we need more than Kearse anyway.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much as I love Jermaine, his work ethic and local roots.................I was one of his most vocal critics when he played here, and was happy he got traded, as it opened the door for Lockett to finally get more snaps, of which he's ran with and become our most dependable receiver.

So unless it's a vet minimum camp invite have to make the team to see a paycheck kind of deal, I'm good on Kearse.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kearse and Baldwin are different in just about everything, Moore really was the replacement for Kearse and needs to step it up another level. Kearse probably has also priced his way out of what Seattle would want to pay as well..

SeaChat

Reaction score
I am so on board with bringing Jermaine back home to Seattle where he belongs. He didn't leave by choice, he got caught up in a trade deal where we were supposed to lose some dead weight in Jeremy Lane and pick up a much needed Duane Brown, but Jeremy true to form failed the physical and the deal was all but killed, in order to salvage it John had to give the NY Jets one of our top receivers and a draft pick, and that was where Jermaine got thrown overboard, but someone had to go, and it was not going to be well received no matter which way it went.

If there is anyway possible for the Seahawks to meet Jermaine's contractual needs to bring him home, then I feel like we owe it to home and to ourselves to bring him back to Seattle. He was always that go to guy for Russell when no one else was open and always seemed to find a way to come down with the ball when it really mattered and when we needed it the most.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m in the perceived minority here, I liked the dude.

I’d be happy to have him back if the price was right.

Having said that, I’m definitely thinking that in his case it’s a buyers market, I’m not sure he’s going to get many offers period.

If he can pull more than vet minimum anyplace, he should take it, IMHO.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the thing about Kearse - he dropped passes and committed penalties that killed drives, but was often on the receiving end of those game-winning passes, or passes that SHOULD have been integral in wining a 2nd Super Bowl.

Not sure if I would go so far as too call it "clutch", but he won us some games.

[youtube]fKOLqM-LnA0[/youtube]

Cyrus12

Reaction score
NO!!!! Stop reaching into the past already. Draft or try something different. His hands were for the most part epicly awful.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Put me in the list of people who don't care to have him back. Yes, he was essentially the guy that helped Seattle win the NFCCG in '13 & '14, but he is much too inconsistent to be brought back at the price he is going to ask for. :177692:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Count me as one who likes the idea.
Kearse made the game winning catch, the cherry on top of the cake in arguably the defining (and very best in my opinion) game played by the modern Seahawks.

Second time around, I would bet on him being an improved version of his 2014 self.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":1hadab75 said:
Put me in the list of people who don't care to have him back. Yes, he was essentially the guy that helped Seattle win the NFCCG in '13 & '14, but he is much too inconsistent to be brought back at the price he is going to ask for. :177692:
I’m in the same boat. I was pretty happy when we cut ties with him, as he seemed to not only drop the ball in key situations, but also was at fault with interceptions that went right through his hands or tipped into the air on a seemingly too frequent basis. I don’t deny he’s a good guy, but outside of the occasional big play, he made me nervous at WR. Look at the 2014 NFCC int’s for example.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I liked the guy and it would be a feel good story but we really need to move on and not look back. If Moore is not the guy then they find the next man up. The template has to be the Patriots. Reminiscing about past players like they are going to come in a recreate the magic is for losers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love the fact that he was in on some of the greatest plays in Seahawks history but boy was he ever inconsistent. Could make the biggest clutch play in the biggest games but his lapses and drops and inconsistency is what drove me crazy about him most.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I understand the perception that Jermaine was often times penalized and failed to come down with as many passes as his counterparts. I also understand that the role that Jermaine played on the Seahawks offense was much more complex and challenging than what was asked of the other receivers in Russell's progressions.

Jermaine was Russell's final option in the progression. On each snap, Jermaine was to provide some blocking assignment, then try to break free and make himself available to Russell, if all else failed, Jermaine was to do "whatever was necessary to free himself up" and be available to Russell however possible.

With that in mind, first consider that all the other receivers in Russell's progression failed in their routes, which set Jermaine up as the final and only option left in the series to go to. It would be expected that Jermaine would draw more penalties than his counterparts, in firstly blocking, when the others did not have to concern themselves with, and secondly having to establish space enough between his defender and himself to give Russell that window of opportunity to go to him, a fine line to walk without drawing a penalty from an official. Also, in most of the instances when Russell did go to his final option in his progressions, he was usually under considerable pressure in that moment, and usually passing to Jermaine while running himself, which was an extremely challenging scenario for both Russell and Jermaine.

When you take these factors into consideration and compare Jermaine's stats with the Seahawks and with the Jet's, you may draw an entirely different conclusion about the quality of player that Jermaine Kearse was and could be again to the Seahawks Offense.

The final, and to me, possibly the best rationale for signing Jermaine Kearse back on the Seahawks Roster, is that, everytime, that it really mattered, when we were in that place that Russell's style of play, all to often takes us, where one play determines if we stay alive and have a chance to win or if that all she wrote and all hope is lost, Jermaine Kearse almost always, by skill, by dumb luck, by magic, or by the spirit of the 12th Man at play on the field, would complete the catch. Those miraculous catches are what gave the Seahawks play off births, and that took us to Super Bowl Championship challenges not once but twice, one of which we won.

Plain and simple in my mind, Jermaine Kearse is a role model to thousands of kids growing up the Pacific Northwest, who dream of one day playing in the NFL and more importantly for the Seattle Seahawks. That was Jermaine's dream all through high school and college and then his dream came true when he took to the field in a Seahawk Uniform. He did not abandon the Seahawks, they abandoned him, having to choose from our top receivers at the time. It could have just as easily have been Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Moore, or one of the others at that time.

Everyone that weighed in on the matter at the time, his teammates, his fans, the sports media and even Jermaine himself said that it was terrible thing that had occurred and that if the opportunity to correct it ever availed itself that we would correct it and bring him home to play out the final years of his career, at home in the Pacific Northwest with his family of fans and teammates. That opportunity is now and may never avail itself again in his playing career.

Jermaine always gave us everything he had and we could expect no less if he is brought home and allowed to play for us again. With the new and improved offensive line, now giving Russell a little more time to run his progressions, may also equate into some record breaking seasons for Jermaine.

My voice is only one and in the overall scheme of things, it doesn't amount to squat, so far as what happens in this instance. I am hoping that my voice along with enough others, that do support this homecoming, will influence John into working something out with Jermaine's management, that would right, what many perceived as wrong, and bring our boy home!

We need another receiver this year, with Doug's health being what it is and we could do a whole lot worse than Jermaine Kearse, and frankly with what's out there and available to us, not any better.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Like Sargent I was a very vocal critic of Kearse. His third down drop in the SB, the way he played in the GB game before catching the game winner to whining on the sidelines in near tears because Doug "stole" a TD from him and the terrible effort on the block in the infamous SB play I couldn't wait for him to be gone. I thought I was going to say BUT I wouldn't mind him back but as I type this I just can't get behind the signing if it happens. Obviously I would root for him and hope he does well and he seems like a good guy but I think we need more. We need to sign a vet and attack the position early in the draft. My guess is they go after WR and Pass rush in this draft whoever grades out higher with the first 3 or so picks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Love Jermaine, loved watching him have success in New York, but he's past his prime and I'd rather give those snaps to an up and comer.

Jermaine took too many snaps from the younger receivers and I doubt he'd be in to Special Teams anymore. He's at the age where your body starts breaking down and we don't have the luxury of cap space or roster space for a sentimental signing.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Kearse had some drops. No question.

But he is also responsible for some of the most clutch plays in Seahawk history.

He is also responsible for the catch that would have been an instrumental part of us winning our second SB if Carroll wasn't such a dumb*ss that day.

One thing he excelled at was being able to make amazing catches when Wilson was on the run. He missed some routine stuff, no doubt, but he also came up with incredible plays when it seemed we needed it most. He seemed to know exactly where to be when Wilson would scramble, both he and Baldwin were perfectly suited that tendency in our offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some huge catches no doubt. If he came at a very low cap #, bring him in. As far as the 2nd Super Bowl, the Defense did give up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Seems to almost always get glossed right over.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I'm curious what Kearse gives us that Moore or Brown do not... Brown is just as good a blocker and Moore is a better downfield threat.

We've made plenty of these nostalgia signings before -- Brandon Browner (albeit at a new position), Byron Maxwell, Chris Clemens (ended up retiring)... I doubt there is much of a market for Kearse, because the rest of the league sees him for what he is. A talented but inconsistent receiver.