Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Feel better today about things moving forward

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

Trading Clark, drafting DK Metcalf, signing Ansah, and cutting Baldwin all have me really excited for what’s to come.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

Trading Clark, drafting DK Metcalf, signing Ansah, and cutting Baldwin all have me really excited for what’s to come.

Yeah shows your true demeanor being happy a player like Baldwin is cut after everything he has done here.

Drink the whole Case yourself in celebration.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

Yeah shows your true demeanor being happy a player like Baldwin is cut after everything he has done here.

Everyone’s career comes to an end. When teams hold onto players too long the team becomes stagnant. What do you think the Patriots constantly do? Doug was great Seahawk but he won’t be in 2019, and his season last year was injury filled. Is what it is. All these moves are encouraging for the future of the team.

I’m going to go back to watching DK Metcalf highlights and avoid your attempted troll of me.

Go Hawks!!
    Last edited by ImTheScientist on Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Metcalf's ceiling this year is probably like 35 catches (not that he's a Doug replacement anyway), so it would have been nice to have had a guy like Doug for at least another year, but whatever, can't do anything about it now. It's a violent sport, and our offensive security blanket is its most recent victim.

Some good things going, some gambles to be taken, it'll be fun at least.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Wonder if Doug signs somewhere else? I could see the Patriots wanting him for another super bowl.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• The fact that the hawks opted to release him and pay him rather then let him retire and pay the franchise back means if he wants to play again it will be in a hawks uni.
    stang233
    NET Rookie

• stang233 wrote:The fact that the hawks opted to release him and pay him rather then let him retire and pay the franchise back means if he wants to play again it will be in a hawks uni.

This!!!

Being cut or release sounded real harsh and cold blood to some fans, in reality, it's a negotiated process and agreed by both sides.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Feeling even better knowing our cap space and draft picks for 2020.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

I completely understand and agree what you are saying, I have no idea why you got a chippy response from that guy.

We all love Doug to pieces, but with his injury issue, it was never going to be old Doug anyway. Sometimes its better just to honor him, remember him, and move on rather than drag it out (on both sides really)

Excited for the future for sure!
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

I completely understand and agree what you are saying, I have no idea why you got a chippy response from that guy.

We all love Doug to pieces, but with his injury issue, it was never going to be old Doug anyway. Sometimes its better just to honor him, remember him, and move on rather than drag it out (on both sides really)

Track record.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• I'm not sure there's an either or here. I am very excited about our prospects moving forward, while at the same time, I can mourn the ending of a great career (in this case 2 careers). Loved both of these guys we released, but injuries necessitated the moves, and the team we are building in the process has me very excited for the year to come. We are always competitive under John and Pete, and this year really seems like a huge step up from last year's playoff team.
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• toffee wrote:Feeling even better knowing our cap space and draft picks for 2020.

This for me.

To me this is a two step process in getting the playmakers and quality depth. Step one was this draft, and next step is next year's draft.

I hope we kick ass this year, but IMO after next year's draft with all our picks and cap space in 2020 is REALLY when I see us seriously contending again to get back to a SB.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hawkpower wrote:

Lousy analogy but to me it's like your mom passed away the same day as your wife gave birth to your daughter. To celebrate the coming of baby does not take away your love, sorrow, and memory of passing.

In football, team management could not afford to live in the past.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Our GM has done a brilliant job this offseason and it's still early so the needed deals will have time to be made with Reed and especially Wagner.

I'm genuinely pumped by the draft picks and players added, but truly bummed by the losses of Baldwin and Chancellor even though we knew Chancellor was done.

Life goes on though and there are some truly interesting roster additions here now with possibly more to come with the cap liberty the team has now regained.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Hawkpower wrote:

That guy has seen this guy make claims and statements that are trollish in nature for years. Don't be the guy.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

That guy has seen this guy make claims and statements that are trollish in nature for years. Don't be the guy.

This guy along with the guy understands some guys are still digesting Seahawks football
    without a couple standout franchise players..
    All of us guys want our team to do great no matter what happens.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:Our GM has done a brilliant job this offseason and it's still early so the needed deals will have time to be made with Reed and especially Wagner.

I'm genuinely pumped by the draft picks and players added, but truly bummed by the losses of Baldwin and Chancellor even though we knew Chancellor was done.

Life goes on though and there are some truly interesting roster additions here now with possibly more to come with the cap liberty the team has now regained.

I think John and Pete have been rejuvenated and found their way again. I actually think they have learned from what NE has done too. Accumulate picks, coach them up, and avoid having too many players making top tier money and trying to run the place.
    JTB
    NET Veteran

• JTB wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Our GM has done a brilliant job this offseason and it's still early so the needed deals will have time to be made with Reed and especially Wagner.

I think John and Pete have been rejuvenated and found their way again. I actually think they have learned from what NE has done too. Accumulate picks, coach them up, and avoid having too many players making top tier money and trying to run the place.

It's the same thing they've been doing for nearly a decade, with mixed results. It just seems different and more exciting right now because we're still in that post-draft afterglow. Happens every year. Hopefully this ends up being one of the better ones.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Love Kam, love Doug, but if it means that by moving on they can walk and enjoy life in 10, 15, 20 years from now....I'm more for that...It is a little exciting to start over a bit....but they deserve good lives and health after all the great momnets they gave us!
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran

• If there were any chance he could play again he'd be here. No doubt this was Doug's decision and it wasn't unexpected. When they drafted three WRs the writing was on the wall.
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• stang233 wrote:The fact that the hawks opted to release him and pay him rather then let him retire and pay the franchise back means if he wants to play again it will be in a hawks uni.

Option 3 was him not retiring (which he wouldn't have done) staying on the roster and being paid his full salary (which Seahawks wouldn't have done)

There was never an option to not cutting him. We weren't nice or mean. We simply did the only thing the situation could result in

Why do people think an injured player would retire over not playing due to injury?
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Everyone’s career comes to an end. When teams hold onto players too long the team becomes stagnant. What do you think the Patriots constantly do? Doug was great Seahawk but he won’t be in 2019, and his season last year was injury filled. Is what it is. All these moves are encouraging for the future of the team.

I’m going to go back to watching DK Metcalf highlights and avoid your attempted troll of me.

Go Hawks!!

I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too. It feels like we are doing a very good job of covering our needs.

And, don't worry about worry about Chris trolling you, that's his hobby, he's a cranky old fart. It would be nice if he could take advantage of some of those activities down at the senior center or maybe get one of those little doggies that old people seem to like so much.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Go Hawks!!

I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too. It feels like we are doing a very good job of covering our needs.

And, don't worry about worry about Chris trolling you, that's his hobby, he's a cranky old fart. It would be nice if he could take advantage of some of those activities down at the senior center or maybe get one of those little doggies that old people seem to like so much.

Cranky may be, but I don't think Chris is that old.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too.

The vast majority here didn't spend the last year or two giving off a vibe of damn near WANTING Baldwin to be done because they predicted it years earlier and wanted a chance to say "I told you so". Just look at his posting history.

If it happens, it happens, and I agree Baldwin was deadweight on the roster and Seattle made a necessary move. But I'm strongly opposed to rooting against players.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too.

The vast majority here didn't spend the last year or two giving off a vibe of damn near WANTING Baldwin to be done because they predicted it years earlier and wanted a chance to say "I told you so". Just look at his posting history.

If it happens, it happens, and I agree Baldwin was deadweight on the roster and Seattle made a necessary move. But I'm strongly opposed to rooting against players.

I can't imagine why anyone would root against ADB but everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's why it is called a "forum."

As for rooting against players I support that for college players, for professionals, not so much. It's a business and this is what you signed up for.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too.

I can't imagine why anyone would root against ADB but everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's why it is called a "forum."

As for rooting against players I support that for college players, for professionals, not so much. It's a business and this is what you signed up for.

They signed up for ghoulish fans?

I think fans and entertainers need couples counseling.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "ghoulish" fans but fans can support a professional player 100% and he will jump ship at the first big contract another team offers him.

Like I said, it's a business.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "ghoulish" fans but fans can support a professional player 100% and he will jump ship at the first big contract another team offers him.

Like I said, it's a business.
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Yo brotha.... we are all on the same team here. No reason to get so angry. Ignore the trolls. That’s what I do.

Go Hawks!
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Yo brotha.... we are all on the same team here. No reason to get so angry. Ignore the trolls. That’s what I do.

Go Hawks!

Yeah, your signature ripping on someone for something they said seven years ago is clearly indicative of somebody with that capability.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• chris98251 wrote:

Dude you really need to tone down it down . You don't have to be so confrontational .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Go Hawks?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Dude you really need to tone down it down . You don't have to be so confrontational .

Actually he does. He seems to have a slight woody for Baldwin and went after me in similar fashion when I pointed out before anyone else he sounded like he was wearing down and discouraged from the surgeries. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Last year felt like 2012, somehow this one feels even more like it. Should be a fun watch, and by fun I mean nail bitting like in 2012/2013/2014. Kinda felt the lack of stressful games past few seasons
    quadsas
    NET Starter

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Tone it down? look at my Signature, if you can't take the heat don't come in the kitchen, take your PC I am special and everyone gets a participation trophy and all that and put it in a place that someone cares.

When a person here celebrates a player such as Baldwin Retiring I do have issues, it's along the lines of wishing injuries on players in my book.

This is me and I have been this way for what almost 20 years here, don't like it feel free not to read it.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Seymour wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Actually he does. He seems to have a slight woody for Baldwin and went after me in similar fashion when I pointed out before anyone else he sounded like he was wearing down and discouraged from the surgeries. :roll:

Well we also know that some around here have skin as soft as a babies bottom.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I'm going to miss Baldwin. It wasn't just his on field stuff but his sideline demeanor and fire. We needed that on the offensive side of the ball. On field, I think Lockett will take his place. He's mostly the same player with better straight line speed and not quite as quick side to side. Metcalf is an intriguing prospect and I'm actually excited about David Moore. He is also a size/speed freak and he should improve from last year with another camp under his belt after more playing time. Plus he has confidence that he can produce in the regular season, so if he puts the work in we could be looking at Moore, Metcalf and Lockett as a starting 3. That has a LOT of potential and a high ceiling. We also have a solid RB stable, and the OL looks to be consistently good for the first time in forever.

On defense I'm worried about our pass rush. With the Al Woods signing, we're going to be good against the run and have a good rotation, but we're going to need a couple of guys on the roster to step up. I'm ambivalent on the Ansah signing. I don't think we overpaid but he hasn't been consistent for 2 years.

I never really worry about our secondary with Pete. We drafted a good young safety, still have McDougald and competition at FS. CB's are going to be interesting and we don't have a proven solution at Nickle CB but the outsides should improve with experience. LBer looks to be pretty good as well, so our defense should be at least as good as last year.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Tone it down? look at my Signature, if you can't take the heat don't come in the kitchen, take your PC I am special and everyone gets a participation trophy and all that and put it in a place that someone cares.

When a person here celebrates a player such as Baldwin Retiring I do have issues, it's along the lines of wishing injuries on players in my book.

This is me and I have been this way for what almost 20 years here, don't like it feel free not to read it.

Going to step into this for some dumb reason

Turning the page is very different from celebrating

I read the OP as one era has ended -- the one that had Sherman, Earl, Baldwin, Avril, Bennet and others in it. While most of them were defensive guys Baldwin and his contract was part of the same group. Baldwin had a great career here and it should be celebrated for what he did. However with injuries and the size of his contract him ending his career was better for his long term future and for the team long term.

So thanks for what you provided and now we are excited about the incoming rookies playing at low salaries allowing the team to play elsewhere. We are excited about what looks like good caliber receivers from the draft and hope to have an explosive offense.

That is turning the page

Very different from - YES BALDWIN RETIRED I AM SO HAPPY
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

It has nothing to do with being thin-skinned or being politically correct, as several others have mentioned here, you are making personal attacks and/or responding inappropriately to things that haven't even been said or implied.

When I first came on the board you PM'ed me and said I had to at least have 1,000 posts before anything I wrote was credible. That is complete BS. The amount of posts you have doesn't mean jack, your status here is only dependent on the contributions you make to the discussion, something you seem to want to disrupt at every opportunity.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• ^^^^^^^
    Great post DomeHawk! What a load of crap. Doesn't matter if you have 10 posts or 10,000 posts. It's about content, relating to others here, and using you own brain to determine if you agree or relate to what is being said or not. In fact some of the better posts I've read I disagreed with, but they were thought out and articulated well enough for me to re-consider my own view. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fade
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:^^^^^^^
    Great post DomeHawk! What a load of crap. Doesn't matter if you have 10 posts or 10,000 posts. It's about content, relating to others here, and using you own brain to determine if you agree or relate to what is being said or not. In fact some of the better posts I've read I disagreed with, but they were thought out and articulated well enough for me to re-consider my own view. :2thumbs:

Which is exactly why I responded with track record. If you have 1000 posts and 900 of them are like "These maroons are doing it wrong and I don't like it" don't be surprised if people take something the wrong way, even if positive or optimistic.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• Let's stay on topic here before we have to start editing stuff out.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• chris98251 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Well we also know that some around here have skin as soft as a babies bottom.

Yeah....kinda seems like you're describing yourself here...

Ill miss Doug, but Im alo excited about the future. Nobody celebrating Doug retiring, just moving on.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Well we also know that some around here have skin as soft as a babies bottom.

Good grief, Chris makes one mildly snarky post, sad a beloved Seahawk is done, and .NET melts down? This thread anyway.

I sorta recall him being "mean" to me a couple times. But both times later that week I coincidentally got a participation trophy at work, so I felt all better.

We ALL love Baldwin, how could any Seahawks fan not?
    I still hold out some hope we'll see ADB in a Seahawks uni one more season, but I know it's a longshot.
    Truly amazing is how high a level he played at last year when playing through the injuries.
    Baldwin's TD catch in SB48 - a thing of beauty, breaking multiple tackles ala Golden Tate, and scoring.
    So, so many clutch catches from Baldwin over the years. Wins in 2013 that got us HFA were due to some amazing Baldwin catches. Would love to see Baldwin as part of the coaching staff, coaching up the young guys.

I'm super-excited for the coming season too. The power running game... Jordan Simmons back and healthy, Solari building a dominant O-Line; it's a very, very good time to be a Seahawk fan. Penny a year better, stronger, wiser, and then adding DK Metcalf--this will be an exciting season!!
    And then we get Ziggy Ansah, even if he misses the first month of the season, he will *dominate* as a Seahawk.
    Exciting times, and I, too feel that special feeling like after the 2012 season.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• olyfan63 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Well we also know that some around here have skin as soft as a babies bottom.

Good grief, Chris makes one mildly snarky post, sad a beloved Seahawk is done, and .NET melts down? This thread anyway.

I sorta recall him being "mean" to me a couple times. But both times later that week I coincidentally got a participation trophy at work, so I felt all better.

We ALL love Baldwin, how could any Seahawks fan not?
    I still hold out some hope we'll see ADB in a Seahawks uni one more season, but I know it's a longshot.
    Truly amazing is how high a level he played at last year when playing through the injuries.
    Baldwin's TD catch in SB48 - a thing of beauty, breaking multiple tackles ala Golden Tate, and scoring.
    So, so many clutch catches from Baldwin over the years. Wins in 2013 that got us HFA were due to some amazing Baldwin catches. Would love to see Baldwin as part of the coaching staff, coaching up the young guys.

I'm super-excited for the coming season too. The power running game... Jordan Simmons back and healthy, Solari building a dominant O-Line; it's a very, very good time to be a Seahawk fan. Penny a year better, stronger, wiser, and then adding DK Metcalf--this will be an exciting season!!
    And then we get Ziggy Ansah, even if he misses the first month of the season, he will *dominate* as a Seahawk.
    Exciting times, and I, too feel that special feeling like after the 2012 season.

No big deal, the ones that replied and were all rashed about it are exactly whom it was referenced too.

But maybe this will help :)

I don't like the demeanor of what he said, Doug age wise as a Possession receiver is at the pinnacle of his career, way to early to move on so to speak if not for his injuries. He left a lot on the table as far as what he could have been able to contribute, sad to me really. Much like Kam taken way to early away from the game.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information