Kurt warner says Wilson isn't a top 5 qb. Seattle times

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
For me, this subject is simple: Which of the current QBs would you immediately replace Wilson with, a straight-across trade, if any QB was fair game?

That requires a lot of knowledge, not just of QB "talent" in general, but leadership, unique traits, and intangibles ("clutch" factor, etc). Then you need to know the team: the coaches, game-plan tendencies/philosophy, location (dome/outdoors), ethos and history, and surrounding player-cast. It all matters.

I cannot think of one QB I'd rather have than Russ. That means he's the best QB for the current Seahawk team. That doesn't mean other QBs won't have better stats in places, but I love the fact that we don't have a QB controversy because the position is phenomenally manned already.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rvnr0wj said:
My only issue with Warner's list is Mahomes. If you're making a "best" or "top" anything you better not put a player on there that's only done it for one season.

Russell's always been a fringe top 5-10 QB, and now he's creeping closer to top 5. So I have no issue with everyone ahead of him on Warner's list, EXCEPT Mahomes. I need to see you dominate and win in the playoffs. Mahomes was awful in the AFC Championship game looking like a high school QB playing against Brady and Belichick's scheme.
I agree..Replace Mahomes with Rivers and we are good.
Warner is a HOF QB I think he has it right for the most part.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":r9w7x4nv said:
For me, this subject is simple: Which of the current QBs would you immediately replace Wilson with, a straight-across trade, if any QB was fair game?.

I think a LOT of fans, including a lot of Hawk fans would trade Russell for Mahomes...........if for no other reason than we get Mahomes for seven extra years and rookie contract for two more years.

Compare tangibles all you want, you can't discount seven more years and cheap.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Wilson’s been a Top 5 QB for the past 3-4 years. He’s in the Top 3 debate now.

What QB get so much out of so little support on offense, both with coaching and personnel, more so than Wilson?

I’ll wait because there isn’t one.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hr2xz967 said:
Ad Hawk":hr2xz967 said:
For me, this subject is simple: Which of the current QBs would you immediately replace Wilson with, a straight-across trade, if any QB was fair game?.

I think a LOT of fans, including a lot of Hawk fans would trade Russell for Mahomes...........if for no other reason than we get Mahomes for seven extra years and rookie contract for two more years.

You don’t think Wilson would put up video game numbers playing in an Andy Reid system, with a top 10 OL, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt, and Tyreke Hil?

I sure as Hell do

chris98251

Reaction score
Whens the last time a Andy Reid QB had real success outside his system...……..

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Steve2222":2lq3twsa said:
Sgt. Largent":2lq3twsa said:
Ad Hawk":2lq3twsa said:

You don’t think Wilson would put up video game numbers playing in an Andy Reid system, with a top 10 OL, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt, and Tyreke Hil?

I sure as Hell do

Mahomes is special.

This isnt a commentary on Russ at all (he may very easily put up similar numbers in that system, etc) but lets not knock Mahomes or try to put an asterisk next to his year.

The guy is electric and I would take him in a heartbeat.

chris98251

Reaction score
LymonHawk":18myoqmr said:
What's amazing to me, is that anyone gives an F-word about anything Kurt Warner says? :34853_doh:

Only with his wife's approval, she must like Mahomes butt in Uniform.

I would be scared to disagree as well.

0ap3000000824953 video cp

Steve2222

Reaction score
Mahomes is special

So is Russell Wilson...

No ones saying put an asterisk. But damn use a little objectivity. Who the hell would take Schotty and Seattles weapons last year over Andy Reid and KCs weapons?

The answer is literally no one. Not a single person.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":h27hyywh said:
LymonHawk":h27hyywh said:
What's amazing to me, is that anyone gives an F-word about anything Kurt Warner says? :34853_doh:

Is that Mad Max's wife or Kurt Warners? :shock:
Bummer Kurt. :lol:

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gig2hsa said:
Well, she was awesome in Mad Max so...…..

LMAO!! I didn't even see that before my post. Too funny!!! :irishdrinkers: :lol: :lol:

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":1719s4a5 said:
chris98251":1719s4a5 said:
LymonHawk":1719s4a5 said:

Is that Mad Max's wife or Kurt Warners? :shock:
Bummer Kurt. :lol:

Ouch. Hopefully he has enough testosterone to overcome the masculinity of his wife, that is if she is female.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Steve2222":243nz5sq said:
Sgt. Largent":243nz5sq said:
Ad Hawk":243nz5sq said:

I sure as Hell do

I do think Russell would do well in Reid's offense. You said which QB would you immediately trade for, and I said a LOT of people would say Mahomes for his talent, but more importantly you theoretically get him for seven more years due to the age difference, and two more in his rookie contract.

So there you go, you asked and I told you. Mahomes, that's who.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I think this thread is getting classless. Be better. A guy doesnt think a QB is top 5 and you insult how his wife looks.

Im sure you all are 10s with low body fat and muscle. Be better seattle.

Seymour

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3qwu6uxp said:
I think this thread is getting classless. Be better. A guy doesnt think a QB is top 5 and you insult how his wife looks.

Im sure you all are 10s with low body fat and muscle. Be better seattle.

How is that an insult? Mad Max was a very popular movie! Besides, if someone wants to take on some funny look, then IMO they invite other opinions and that is all they are.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3n7m6kcm said:
Steve2222":3n7m6kcm said:
Sgt. Largent":3n7m6kcm said:
Ad Hawk":3n7m6kcm said:

I sure as Hell do

I do think Russell would do well in Reid's offense. You said which QB would you immediately trade for, and I said a LOT of people would say Mahomes for his talent, but more importantly you theoretically get him for seven more years due to the age difference, and two more in his rookie contract.

So there you go, you asked and I told you. Mahomes, that's who.

I never asked that question. But no I wouldn’t trade a QB who has been elite for 5 years playing with **** around him over a guy who did it one year essentially surround by a Pro Bowl offense.

It’s funny. First it was RG3. Then Luck. Then Wentz. Then Watson. Now we’re on Mahomes.

Wilson just keeps outlasting the new flavors of the month.