Kurt warner says Wilson isn't a top 5 qb. Seattle times

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3dly2t04 said:
What's amazing to me, is that anyone gives an F-word about anything Kurt Warner says? :34853_doh:
This guy gets it! :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Steve2222":byn2327b said:
Sgt. Largent":byn2327b said:
Steve2222":byn2327b said:
Sgt. Largent":byn2327b said:
I think a LOT of fans, including a lot of Hawk fans would trade Russell for Mahomes...........if for no other reason than we get Mahomes for seven extra years and rookie contract for two more years.

Compare tangibles all you want, you can't discount seven more years and cheap.

You don’t think Wilson would put up video game numbers playing in an Andy Reid system, with a top 10 OL, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt, and Tyreke Hil?

I sure as Hell do

I do think Russell would do well in Reid's offense. You said which QB would you immediately trade for, and I said a LOT of people would say Mahomes for his talent, but more importantly you theoretically get him for seven more years due to the age difference, and two more in his rookie contract.

So there you go, you asked and I told you. Mahomes, that's who.

I never asked that question. But no I wouldn’t trade a QB who has been elite for 5 years playing with **** around him over a guy who did it one year essentially surround by a Pro Bowl offense.

It’s funny. First it was RG3. Then Luck. Then Wentz. Then Watson. Now we’re on Mahomes.

Wilson just keeps outlasting the new flavors of the month.

My bad, I see now that it was Ad Hawk.

I love Russ, but I'd be tempted to swap him for Mahomes......especially on this new up and coming youth movement we got going on.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":220kc959 said:
Steve2222":220kc959 said:
Sgt. Largent":220kc959 said:
Steve2222":220kc959 said:
You don’t think Wilson would put up video game numbers playing in an Andy Reid system, with a top 10 OL, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt, and Tyreke Hil?

I sure as Hell do

I do think Russell would do well in Reid's offense. You said which QB would you immediately trade for, and I said a LOT of people would say Mahomes for his talent, but more importantly you theoretically get him for seven more years due to the age difference, and two more in his rookie contract.

So there you go, you asked and I told you. Mahomes, that's who.

I never asked that question. But no I wouldn’t trade a QB who has been elite for 5 years playing with **** around him over a guy who did it one year essentially surround by a Pro Bowl offense.

It’s funny. First it was RG3. Then Luck. Then Wentz. Then Watson. Now we’re on Mahomes.

Wilson just keeps outlasting the new flavors of the month.

My bad, I see now that it was Ad Hawk.

I love Russ, but I'd be tempted to swap him for Mahomes......especially on this new up and coming youth movement we got going on.

Wilson Id say at the minimum still has 10 elite years ahead of him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Kurt was a Ram and Cardinal, of course he isn't giving a Seahawk.his due.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
[/quote]

Wilson just keeps outlasting the new flavors of the month.[/quote]

This. Mahomes had a great year and looked like he could be good in the future. But ONE year does not make an elite QB. We HAVE an elite QB. Give Mahomes another 2-3 years and see how things shake out. Then maybe all the talk will be justified. It seems every year there is a new flavor. Some last most don't. We have one who has proven it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Warner doesn't belong in the HoF. He was voted in based on sympathy votes.

Who gives a rat's ass what he thinks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":22mfh0el said:
Warner doesn't belong in the HoF. He was voted in based on sympathy votes.

Who gives a rat's ass what he thinks.

Bingo...A hawk doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

toffee

Reaction score
As a 12, I am proud to have a franchise QB that can make all the throws accurately, poise under extreme pressure, Ironman like durability, never throw teammates under bus, willingly to do above and beyond to the tune of being 1 ball carrier. Is my Franchise QB on Warner’s top five? Don’t really care.

When the going gets really tough, think collapsing OL, sub par running, would those teams that got the ‘top 5’ rather have Wilson? I don’t know. But I do know that under those conditions, HOF Warner would be carried out of the game and done for the season. That I know and no doubt about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":lmmerjpg said:
I actually respect Warner and enjoy his commentary and analysis. I disagree with him, but it’s not like the five guys he puts above Wilson are bums. While some may argue that he is not top five league wide, he is absolutely top 2 for this particular offense. I can’t think of one QB that would have been able to deal with some of the offensive scheme issues that Wilson has had to deal with the past few years.

I agree that clearly Kurt Warner has never disrespected Wilson, it’s just his opinion. I am confident he will have Wilson back in his top 5 next year. In my opinion., he’s not even in the top 1 of “Kurt” Warners that have played in this league ;)

Brady gets top billing, BUT, he's also had some top of the heap TE, & Receivers, and NEVER an atrocious O-Line that left him with his ass out in the wind...Billycheat would have shit-canned the Coaches that Wilson has had to endure, so ALL THINGS IF THEY WERE EVEN-STEVEN, Wilson is every bit as good as Brandy.
Mahomes has displayed some special play, & seems to have all the right stuff to be considered in the upper echelon, BUT, he hasn't played but one season in the NFL, so I don't think he should be anointed Top Five ...YET.
Rodgers is top 5, no argument there.
Breese Ditto.
Ponder on this folks. Wilson had Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell Offenses leading the way, Now, considering that undrafted Doug Baldwin was his ONLY steady teammate, for the whole time that that he's been a Seahawk, and he's still keeping the Seahawks in contention....Don't give me the "He had a top Defense, and that's the only reason he's had so much success", when in fact, the LOB wasn't out there last season, and without his favorite target (DB) he still led the Seahawks to the playoffs......He's Top Five if not Top Three, W/O a shred of doubt.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2gbyfwkj said:
rjdriver":2gbyfwkj said:
I actually respect Warner and enjoy his commentary and analysis. I disagree with him, but it’s not like the five guys he puts above Wilson are bums. While some may argue that he is not top five league wide, he is absolutely top 2 for this particular offense. I can’t think of one QB that would have been able to deal with some of the offensive scheme issues that Wilson has had to deal with the past few years.

I agree that clearly Kurt Warner has never disrespected Wilson, it’s just his opinion. I am confident he will have Wilson back in his top 5 next year. In my opinion., he’s not even in the top 1 of “Kurt” Warners that have played in this league ;)

Brady gets top billing, BUT, he's also had some top of the heap TE, & Receivers, and NEVER an atrocious O-Line that left him with his ass out in the wind...Billycheat would have shit-canned the Coaches that Wilson has had to endure, so ALL THINGS IF THEY WERE EVEN-STEVEN, Wilson is every bit as good as Brandy.
Mahomes has displayed some special play, & seems to have all the right stuff to be considered in the upper echelon, BUT, he hasn't played but one season in the NFL, so I don't think he should be anointed Top Five ...YET.
Breese Ditto.
Ponder on this folks. Wilson had Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell Offenses leading the way, Now, considering that undrafted Doug Baldwin was his ONLY steady teammate, for the whole time that that he's been a Seahawk, and he's still keeping the Seahawks in contention....Don't give me the "He had a top Defense, and that's the only reason he's had so much success", when in fact, the LOB wasn't out there last season, and without his favorite target (DB) he still led the Seahawks to the playoffs......He's Top Five if not Top Three, W/O a shred of doubt.
:0190l: :179422: :0190l: :177692:
DB was playing last season btw..
He had a D..RO and Beast during the deep playoff runs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":11ym4mat said:
scutterhawk":11ym4mat said:
rjdriver":11ym4mat said:

Breese Ditto.
:0190l: :179422: :0190l: :177692:
DB was playing last season btw..
He had a D..RO and Beast during the deep playoff runs.
DB indeed played last year, but was playing HURT, so was no where near as productive as in the past.
The 'D' was without even a hint of the LOB, No all pro Richard Sherman, No Thomas, No Chancellor, & No Bennett on the line.
As good as Carson was, he was not THE "Beast" in his prime, but yeah, Russell Wilson was still kicking ass and taking names last season.

lobohawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1e9wif8g said:
rjdriver":1e9wif8g said:

Breese Ditto.

More importantly, the Patriots are in the worst division in the NFL. Been that way since B&B teamed up. It's less to do with having a team with the worst record than it's the fact none of the teams are really a threat to make the playoffs. Add that Bill is the best or close to best single game coach and you have a team built to coast to the Playoffs every year (likely with home field). That leaves Bill only a few games to have to deal with.

Look at the NFC West since B&B have been in place. Every team has gone to the Superbowl. That's what competition over time looks like.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":2328tyso said:
scutterhawk":2328tyso said:
rjdriver":2328tyso said:

Breese Ditto.

More importantly, the Patriots are in the worst division in the NFL. Been that way since B&B teamed up. It's less to do with having a team with the worst record than it's the fact none of the teams are really a threat to make the playoffs. Add that Bill is the best or close to best single game coach and you have a team built to coast to the Playoffs every year (likely with home field). That leaves Bill only a few games to have to deal with.

Look at the NFC West since B&B have been in place. Every team has gone to the Superbowl. That's what competition over time looks like.
100% :2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":161f8s86 said:
Ad Hawk":161f8s86 said:
For me, this subject is simple: Which of the current QBs would you immediately replace Wilson with, a straight-across trade, if any QB was fair game?.

I think a LOT of fans, including a lot of Hawk fans would trade Russell for Mahomes...........if for no other reason than we get Mahomes for seven extra years and rookie contract for two more years.

I'd agree with that. I also like Mahomes' attitude and I think attitude and intangibles really separate the elite QB's from the good or even great ones.

The only umbrage I'd take on Warner's take is Big Ben. I know he had a lot of yards but it still didn't get the Steelers to the playoffs, he threw more bad INT's last year and he threw people under the bus publicly when he did it. He wasn't a good leader last year.

Russ had a better year AND has better intangibles. Answer this: who would you rather have under center in the 4th quarter, Big Ben or Russ ?

John63

Reaction score
Hawks46":2736z9c7 said:
Sgt. Largent":2736z9c7 said:
Ad Hawk":2736z9c7 said:
For me, this subject is simple: Which of the current QBs would you immediately replace Wilson with, a straight-across trade, if any QB was fair game?.

I'd agree with that. I also like Mahomes' attitude and I think attitude and intangibles really separate the elite QB's from the good or even great ones.

The only umbrage I'd take on Warner's take is Big Ben. I know he had a lot of yards but it still didn't get the Steelers to the playoffs, he threw more bad INT's last year and he threw people under the bus publicly when he did it. He wasn't a good leader last year.

Russ had a better year AND has better intangibles. Answer this: who would you rather have under center in the 4th quarter, Big Ben or Russ ?

Yeah I would be UN willing right now to do it for Mahomes till I see him do it another year or 2, and with less talent and in our type of system. You never know what playing in our system might do to the way he plays. Also, as to pay yer you get him for 2 years cheap, then if he is performing you will pay even more for him then you just paid for Wilson. The only real reason to do it would be the 2 years of a rookie deal, however if he has starts playing not as well since there is film on him, and he is on a different team, playing a different system with less talent you are screwed.

I think a lot of people don't take into account the system, and lack of talent, at least on the oline and wr with regards to passing we really have. I mean I love Locket and Baldwin but on most passing teams they are at best #2s. So not sure its a gamble.