Bradley McDougald 6-12-19 Mini Camp

Jville

Reaction score
[youtube]EAqWjyOJc2k[/youtube]
Bradley McDougald 6-12-19 Mini Camp transcript >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/mcdougald-bradley-6-12-19/[/urltargetblank]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1138937704681394176[/tweet]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Not really good news, but at least the player thinks he’ll be ok.

My wandering post finally found the right thread.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team needs McDougald to be healthy this season and so the news of a patellar ligament repair is disappointing though he could likely be ready to go by TC or the preseason games. The news of this injury’s timing does however explain a few of the late season defensive backfield personnel moves. With the rookie youth here now and the extra experience of both starting CBs and the rest of the DBs here last year this part of the team will likely be better by early season than we saw from them all last year.

This player has far exceeded my initial expectations and he's become a key member of the defensive backfield. I hope he is ready to go soon. I’m encouraged by his positive belief he’s going to be ready.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Bradley McDougald may have been the best veteran player addition of the John's Schneider's Pro Scouting era. In 2018, he was second only to Bobby Wagner in tackles while playing thru multiple injuries. He contributed a team leading 3 interceptions and team leading 3 forced fumbles. He been a "Jim Dandy to the rescue" at both free safety and strong safety.

Bradley McDougald is a warrior ........ the living definition of what Pete Carroll refers to as grit. :2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
And we are lucky to have him. We are also lucky that Patellar Tendon didn't tear all the way.

Didn't Pete fire last year's strength and conditioning crew? Or was it the year prior?

Largent80

Reaction score
I am not worried if he is thinking about friggin camp.

That's about 6 weeks before the first real game.

xray

Reaction score
He is a proven vet. He can play the whole secondary. He's the swiss army knife back there. He has said that SS is where he would be the most comfortable...Carroll hopefully will let McDougald play where's he's at his best. :irishdrinkers:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
As my user name might suggest I am a big fan. He will be fine. McDougald is probably the third best CB from KU behind Chris Harris and Aqib Talib.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1mp5253j said:
Bradley McDougald may have been the best veteran player addition of the John's Schneider's Pro Scouting era. In 2018, he was second only to Bobby Wagner in tackles while playing thru multiple injuries. He contributed a team leading 3 interceptions and team leading 3 forced fumbles. He been a "Jim Dandy to the rescue" at both free safety and strong safety.

Bradley McDougald is a warrior ........ the living definition of what Pete Carroll refers to as grit. :2thumbs:

He’s a good player without question, but there have been some other pretty good free agent players who were veteran additions, like Cliff Avril and Mike Bennett. Other players from trades heaven’t been too shabby either, like Marshall Lynch and Diane Brown. Just sayiing.

Please don’t take any of this as a knock on McDougald who has been a high quality addition which once again speaks well of the FOs acumen in identifying quality players.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The safety positions are an area of question still with the inability of us to see several of the key players in Pete's plan to pratice b/c of one injury or another. Injuries weakened this usually strong part of the team at the end of last season and defensive back was an area of focus in the draft which raises questions that we will need to see answered on the field.

McDougall being healthy is a huge part of the answer. However, i want to see what the young guys have got and whether we see a step up from T2 and Hill. It is interesting to note the team is listing Mcdougall as a FS on the team roster.

A-Dog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2oc5kf5w said:
Is he a FS or a SS?

Here’s what he wants to play:

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/ ... fety-in-s/

This has been debated here before and this is where I had thought he wanted to play. I just want him to be healthy.

He's always wanted to play SS, he's said it numerous times, coaches have said they prefer him there, he plays better there, he's physically better suited to that position in the Seahawks' scheme.

I see it stated again and again on here that he is a FS, he will play FS, he's better at FS, the Seahawks will put him at FS, and that is WRONG WRONG WRONG. Yes, he can play FS out of necessary but it does not play to his strengths and he's not a good fit there.

Not sure why this annoys me so much but it does.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He needs to be healthy. I have zero confidence in T2 or Hill. Hoping McD stays healthy and some rookie wins the other safety starting spot.

xray

Reaction score
A-Dog":3ggobjet said:
jammerhawk":3ggobjet said:
Is he a FS or a SS?

Here’s what he wants to play:

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/ ... fety-in-s/

This has been debated here before and this is where I had thought he wanted to play. I just want him to be healthy.

He's always wanted to play SS, he's said it numerous times, coaches have said they prefer him there, he plays better there, he's physically better suited to that position in the Seahawks' scheme.

I see it stated again and again on here that he is a FS, he will play FS, he's better at FS, the Seahawks will put him at FS, and that is WRONG WRONG WRONG. Yes, he can play FS out of necessary but it does not play to his strengths and he's not a good fit there.

Not sure why this annoys me so much but it does.

Carroll should leave him at SS...no experimental position shuffling please .

chris98251

Reaction score
Still think the Griff would be better at SS and let McDougald do FS, he isn't as good but is better then what we have in the wings at this point and Griff would be a force in Run coverage with his size and better suited to cover TE's I think, McDougald is just so damn savvy and smart in the box.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Even though the team has him listed as a FS, it isn’t a sure thing he will ultimately play FS. Last season when the injuries started to happen several here were of the opinion he should play FS and I recall a thread were there was a difference of opinion as to which position McDougald wanted to play. Now it’s clear yet although a starter at SS last season his position has changed on the roster. Perhaps Pete has a plan we need to watch develop.

Time will tell.