The NFL's best and worst offensive arsenals?

pehawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1ok3rhtx said:
Wow, racist as hell Sgt. Largent. Even for me who normally likes that type of humor.

Oh, nevermind, I see you edited it.

xray

Reaction score
29TH ???..They will eat those words . They are going by how conservative the offense was and how wide open the rest of the league is leaning as far as offenses go . I will take your criticisms and say that the Hawks will keep 5 or maybe 6 receivers and Carroll turns his offensive coaches loose . They have the running game when they want it or need it . It's time to be alittle more unpredictable . I know I'm alone on this ; but why not ? :0190l:

McGruff

Reaction score
Upon further review, the article removes QB and OL from their rankings.

Considering those two positions are (oddly) among our strongest, a low ranking makes sense.

And makes the article dumb and irrelevant.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawker84":2yxnzlmw said:
Give Russ some time, he'll make them all look like all stars.... you could have Julio, Brown, and Beckham, and it wouldn't mean anything, if you don't have line protection...

I'm definitely in the "WRs aren't actually the important part of a passing game." I think the OL and QB are what makes a passing game. WRs are becoming like RBs. You can build a good arsenal with low draft picks and no flashy names.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hqvhxphj said:
I'd say just by having Russell as our QB, an elite level QB that has never missed a snap in his entire career AUTOMATICALLY puts the Hawks offense at least in the top 15.

I get it, no Doug and many question marks at the TE and WR position might not instill a lot of confidence if you're putting a list like this together. But anything lower than 12-15 with our nasty run game, Carson and Russell is laughable.

I believe this does not include the QB it is basically the supporting cast around the QB

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":3eutmfda said:
Sgt. Largent":3eutmfda said:
I'd say just by having Russell as our QB, an elite level QB that has never missed a snap in his entire career AUTOMATICALLY puts the Hawks offense at least in the top 15.

I get it, no Doug and many question marks at the TE and WR position might not instill a lot of confidence if you're putting a list like this together. But anything lower than 12-15 with our nasty run game, Carson and Russell is laughable.

I believe this doe snto onclude the QB it is basically the supporting cast around the QB

Then by omitting pertinent data, it's an incomplete evaluation, and as Chris stated, it belongs in the circular file under blather.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3p5engzv said:
hawker84":3p5engzv said:
Give Russ some time, he'll make them all look like all stars.... you could have Julio, Brown, and Beckham, and it wouldn't mean anything, if you don't have line protection...

I'm definitely in the "WRs aren't actually the important part of a passing game." I think the OL and QB are what makes a passing game. WRs are becoming like RBs. You can build a good arsenal with low draft picks and no flashy names.
Hmm, so Drafting DK , Jennings, & Ursua to take up the slack left by Baldwins injury and retirement isn't really necessary to the Offensive attack?...What am I missing? :34853_tinfoil:

McGruff

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3gp80xst said:
HawkGA":3gp80xst said:
hawker84":3gp80xst said:

Hmm, so Drafting DK , Jennings, & Ursua to take up the slack left by Baldwins injury and retirement isn't really necessary to the Offensive attack?...What am I missing? :34853_tinfoil:

I took that more to mean it's better to have rookie and mid level vets than invest big time money at the position.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Yep, I'm certainly stoked for DK. But DK doesn't mean squat if the QB sucks and the OL is a sieve.

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1dapos32 said:
John63":1dapos32 said:
Sgt. Largent":1dapos32 said:

I believe this doe snto onclude the QB it is basically the supporting cast around the QB

Then by omitting pertinent data, it's an incomplete evaluation, and as Chris stated, it belongs in the circular file under blather.

No, because that point is the talent surrounding the QB, so if it is about that why would you include the QB? You would not. Now I understand some of you need to find any way you can to down play anything that does not go with what ever narrative you want. However, the reality is we do not have the same talent around our QB that other top QBs have.

xray

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3hw5hh88 said:
HawkGA":3hw5hh88 said:
hawker84":3hw5hh88 said:

You're not missing anything . They drafted that way to give Wilson more weapons through the air . I see Wilson with close to 4,000 yards this season .

xray

Reaction score
John63":quhoy0w8 said:
scutterhawk":quhoy0w8 said:
John63":quhoy0w8 said:
Sgt. Largent":quhoy0w8 said:

No, because that point is the talent surrounding the QB, so if it is about that why would you include the QB? You would not. Now I understand some of you need to find any way you can to down play anything that does not go with what ever narrative you want. However, the reality is we do not have the same talent around our QB that other top QBs have.

We will be pleasantly surprised with the WR group this season. :0190l:

McGruff

Reaction score
xray":124dlbgp said:
John63":124dlbgp said:
scutterhawk":124dlbgp said:
John63":124dlbgp said:

While i dont think we will reach volume numbers, I agree that we will be surprised by the lethal efficiency of this group.

A starting 3 of Metcalf, Brown and Lockett will be fun.

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":sum4n3ns said:
xray":sum4n3ns said:
John63":sum4n3ns said:
scutterhawk":sum4n3ns said:

While i dont think we will reach volume numbers, I agree that we will be surprised by the lethal efficiency of this group.

A starting 3 of Metcalf, Brown and Lockett will be fun.

YEP

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":1xeju9lu said:
scutterhawk":1xeju9lu said:
John63":1xeju9lu said:
Sgt. Largent":1xeju9lu said:

Oh, I SEE, if you have a TOP OF THE LINE set of golf clubs at yer disposal, it doesn't matter who's swingin' em, cuz you're still gunna have a great game.
OR, the reason I include the difference maker (The Quarterback), is because he is the catalyst, he's the one that's making everyone around him better.
That's the reason that Wilson + DK + a few others are working out together BEFORE Training Camp.
That's not my "Narritive", that's just the facts.

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2nkqs8by said:
John63":2nkqs8by said:
scutterhawk":2nkqs8by said:
John63":2nkqs8by said:

Oh, I SEE, if you have a TOP OF THE LINE set of golf clubs at yer disposal, it doesn't matter who's swingin' em, cuz you're still gunna have a great game.
OR, the reason I include the difference maker (The Quarterback), is because he is the catalyst, he's the one that's making everyone around him better.
That's the reason that Wilson + DK + a few others are working out together BEFORE Training Camp.

No you have a top of the line set of clubs and each club bring something to the table, regardless who is swinging them. What they can bring can be better or worse based on who swings them, but there is a base line regardless. That is the point, this is about the talent around the Qb and what they bring to the table, not what they bring with a great QB or bad QB they themselves bring. As to your DK example, in a way you are right, yes DK with Wilson will probably bring more than the base line of a WR of his skills, and attributes. However, that is not the point of the article, it is what they bring regardless of who is throwing the ball to them.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":1px1m3ue said:
scutterhawk":1px1m3ue said:
John63":1px1m3ue said:
scutterhawk":1px1m3ue said:

No you have a top of the line set of clubs and each club bring something to the table, regardless who is swinging them. What they can bring can be better or worse based on who swings them, but there is a base line regardless. That is the point, this is about the talent around the Qb and what they bring to the table, not what they bring with a great QB or bad QB they themselves bring. As to your DK example, in a way you are right, yes DK with Wilson will probably bring more than the base line of a WR of his skills, and attributes. However, that is not the point of the article, it is what they bring regardless of who is throwing the ball to them.
The "Article" dismisses the catalyst of the Seahawks Offense, putting them a 29th of 32 teams = bullshit.
The Offense isn't created in a vacuum, if the Quarterback buys time (as Wilson has done with regularity), that CHANGES the formula, and that has to be considered when evaluating the "Offensive Supporting Cast".
Do they fit the SEAHAWKS Offensive scheme, are the on the same wave with the Quarterback, I assure you that Schotts takes all this into account when game planning.
Other examples, Sidney Rice was a GREAT "Fit", Marshawn Lynch was GREAT "Fit", Doug Baldwin worked his ass off and became a GREAT "Fit"
NOT including the Quarterback when formulating the "Offensive Supporting Cast" is simplistic, and leaves you with incomplete data.
Here's another example...Some say that Russ hangs onto the ball too long, that wouldn't be on the O-Line players ("Supporting Cast"), that's on Wilson....It's just another part of the formula that has to be accounted for when evaluating players on the Offensive Line.

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2c0go3pu said:
John63":2c0go3pu said:
scutterhawk":2c0go3pu said:
John63":2c0go3pu said:

The "Article" dismisses the catalyst of the Seahawks Offense, putting them a 29th of 32 teams = bullshit.
The Offense isn't created in a vacuum, if the Quarterback buys time (as Wilson has done with regularity), that CHANGES the formula, and that has to be considered when evaluating the "Offensive Supporting Cast".
Do they fit the SEAHAWKS Offensive scheme, are the on the same wave with the Quarterback, I assure you that Schotts takes all this into account when game planning.
Other examples, Sidney Rice was a GREAT "Fit", Marshawn Lynch was GREAT "Fit", Doug Baldwin worked his ass off and became a GREAT "Fit"
NOT including the Quarterback when formulating the "Offensive Supporting Cast" is simplistic, and leaves you with incomplete data.
Here's another example...Some say that Russ hangs onto the ball too long, that wouldn't be on the O-Line players ("Supporting Cast"), that's on Wilson....It's just another part of the formula that has to be accounted for when evaluating players on the Offensive Line.

At this point you are arguing to argue, the fact of the matter they are looking at specific players at specific positions and what they bring to the table, regardless who is around them. IF we go by your "opinion" than we can't judge any player at all, only the unit as a whole, and we can't do that because the defense and ST can impact the offense, so we can judge them we can only judge the team, but we can't judge that because there is coaches, and then even if we add them we then need to include playing conditions, stadiums, fans, time of the game etc etc. So basically no one can be judges how good or bad they are compared to others because well there is always some other thing that can influence things etc etc. So well I guess every player in every sport are equal in every way, So that means There can't be a ALL pro team, or a GOAT. Wow so that means that Clipboard Jesus is as good as Manning and so on and so on. OH wait that means everyone should be in the HOF or no one as we can't judge who is better because of all the variables. I mean Ryan Leaf might have been as good as Brady if he went to NE. That also means you can't say it is anyone s fault as well there are variables, Yes he dropped the winning TD but if the ball was not thrown as hard, or thrown higher or thrown sooner or thrown later etc etc etc. Get how ridiculous this is yet or should I go on. Yes all the position impact each other, but you can still look at each position and player and determine who is better than others, or are you going to tell me Rice was ever as good a Julio Jones?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tis yourself that is arguing a moot point, incomplete data, an undeveloped picture.
Context matters--Evaluating a player or players without taking into account of how he/they will fit into a particular system..A "System" which includes how he/they will function with the other "Supporting Cast" team members.
Here's just one more pertinent fact to this argument...As fantastic a LT as Walter Jones was, he was even BETTER when he had Steve Hutchinson at his side, The LEFT side was better because they fed off of -> EACH OTHER<-("Supporting Cast"),and that's why you have to include EVERYONE on Offense (including the Quarterback) when evaluating each and every individual.
Same with Defense, the LOB wasn't JUST ONE OUTSTANDING PLAYER.
Last time I checked, Football is a Team sport.
More to ponder....Why is it that we almost always have to wait a year or two to assess that a Rookie is worth where he got Drafted?, Answer, because sometimes they need the time to MELD with other team mates ("Supporting Cast")

xray

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3avvfv0k said:
Tis yourself that is arguing a moot point, incomplete data, an undeveloped picture.
Context matters--Evaluating a player or players without taking into account of how he/they will fit into a particular system..A "System" which includes how he/they will function with the other "Supporting Cast" team members.
Here's just one more pertinent fact to this argument...As fantastic a LT as Walter Jones was, he was even BETTER when he had Steve Hutchinson at his side, The LEFT side was better because they fed off of -> EACH OTHER<-("Supporting Cast"),and that's why you have to include EVERYONE on Offense (including the Quarterback) when evaluating each and every individual.
Same with Defense, the LOB wasn't JUST ONE OUTSTANDING PLAYER.
Last time I checked, Football is a Team sport.
More to ponder....Why is it that we almost always have to wait a year or two to assess that a Rookie is worth where he got Drafted?, Answer, because sometimes they need the time to MELD with other team mates ("Supporting Cast")

And lets not forget that how and where these players are assessed and utilized ; is in this case the offensive coaching staff . They make the final decisions right or wrong . IMO