Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Steelers)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I see a rebound in overall performance from Week 1 and even though the Steelers looked anything but formidable in Week 1, I also see them rebounding in their home opener. 10am start in a place that has always been tough for the Seahawks to win, I just think the likelihood is a loss. Next two weeks could be a tough haul as this young team continues to find their way.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Steelers 27

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-0
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Stealers 17
    Hawks 16
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• I also believe both teams play much better this week. I don’t see Pittsburgh’s Dline as good as the bengals young aggressive group. Russ will have more time to access the field and the Hawks will control the TOP battle and win.

Hawks 24
    Steelers 14

Prediction record 2019
    1-0
    BubbaGump
    NET Rookie

• We continue the seemingly scripted 3 and out offensive playcalls for most of the game and score only one field goal in the first half. 4th quarter the offense gets hot and moves the ball, but only score two field goals.

Clowney will be fun to watch.

Steelers 21
    Seahawks 9

RTD 1-0
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• A 1 O’clock EST start?

Seahawks- 18
    Steelers - 19

I expect another ugly game.
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 27
    Stealers - 17

Seahawks will have 150+ rushing. I think Wilson will finally keep the ball w/ RO.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• After my nearly spot on, flawless prediction of last week's Bengals game, I feel confident about this week's prediction as well. You should all be in awe.

James Washington carves up our secondary, similar to Ross. James Conner picks up tough yards and the Steelers dominate the TOP battle.

Wilson plays well, and keeps the game close. Jason Myers breaks our hearts at the end though, and the bloody Steelers prevail.

Seahawks 21 Steelers 23

RTD 0-1
    Last edited by Jerhawk on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks run the ball gaining 100 plus yards, while Dangeruss throws for 340 yards and 2 TDs, DK gets his first NFL TD. We still play like we aren't a well oil machine (yet).

Defensively we shut down their run game and play well against the Steelers. 1 int and 1 fumble recovery.

Our Mighty Seahawks 23

The Squealers 20

YTD 1-0 :0190l:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• Hawks 20
    Thieves 18

Stealers get screwed by a bad Defensive PI call, Myers puts through a chip shot FG with 0:00 left on the clock.
    Pissburghs fanbase goes all apeshit conveniently forgetting about the gift that was XL*.

The Rooney’s cry to the league, a new rule is implemented next week.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• For 2 games now (cowboys playoff, and last week), I have seen a horrid gameplan, and a stubborn need to stick to it with no adjustment until the last 2 minutes. I cant in good faith see them able to effectively strategize based on their opponent. People wonder why the patriots consistently are a top team, when the cap is the same everywehere. This is why. They play to their own strenghts and gameplan for their oppents weaknesses. We just dont do that. Until we figure that out, we wil be a wild card team that plays a good game here and there.

Steelers 23, hawks 20.

1-0
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:For 2 games now (cowboys playoff, and last week), I have seen a horrid gameplan, and a stubborn need to stick to it with no adjustment until the last 2 minutes. I cant in good faith see them able to effectively strategize based on their opponent. People wonder why the patriots consistently are a top team, when the cap is the same everywehere. This is why. They play to their own strenghts and gameplan for their oppents weaknesses. We just dont do that. Until we figure that out, we wil be a wild card team that plays a good game here and there.

Steelers 23, hawks 20.

1-0

Yep...Belichick and Carroll are same age : but Carroll coaches old school . Belichick runs his team with his coordinators each week for a specific opponent . Every week the Pats play different . Carroll will never change he's old school . We just have to put up with it .
    xray
    NET Veteran

• 19-10 Steelers. No way they let Tomlin and the rapist lose at home in their opener.

Ytd 1-0
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• We win by 2 points this time. Wilson will decide that he's going to win the game
    quadsas
    NET Veteran

• The Antonio Brown-less Steelers come out hot in the first quarter particularly on defense. But then the game finally settles in. You can't play 60 minutes on emotion alone

The Seahawks come out determined to clean up their performance from last week. The line protects a little better, and our run game picks up a little steam. Though not quite at its peak, enough to be respected.

Then in comes Wilson, Metcalf, and Lockett. They'll make the plays they need to, and Metcalf's name will continue to buzz.

Without Antonio Brown, people will see just how average Big Ben actually is. He'll gift us a pick, and although Juju will make his plays he's no Antonio. We'll make them earn every yard, which goes against Big Ben's tendencies as he likes to force the ball down field. Every Steelers fan will be yelling "Fire Tomlin," when their problem always has been, and always will be the Quarterback.

Seahawks win 30-17
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• xray wrote:Yep...Belichick and Carroll are same age : but Carroll coaches old school . Belichick runs his team with his coordinators each week for a specific opponent . Every week the Pats play different . Carroll will never change he's old school . We just have to put up with it .

Yes, life has been pretty tough as a Seahawks fan. We haven't had Belichick and Brady on our team and have had to settle for 150 wins vs 106 losses since realignment, twelve playoff trips and a paltry three trips to the Super Bowl. Best of luck in being able to put up with not having Belichick again this season.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Steelers 27

Hawks 17
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Hawks 23 Stealers 20,.....I'm hoping Big Ben really is over the hill,....
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• Steelers were humiliated and they're going to show up angry. I think the Steelers show up to play with a lot more intensity and the score reflects it. I can't see the Steelers going 0-2 against the Hawks in their home opener, in a 10 a.m. west coast start, after the shellacking the Pats just gave them. Hawks will start slow, as always, finally putting some points on the board at the end of the first half. And they'll not adjust well in the second half until it's too late. It will take a while, unsurprisingly, for this team to get going this season. Too many injuries early on.

One of the rare more-than-one-score losses in the Pete/Russ era:

Pittsburgh: 34
    Hawks: 20
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• I dont really know who is going to win this one but what i do know is that in the final 3 min the Hawks will have a chance to win it... why? because that is what they do...

LTH
    LTH
    NET Veteran

• AgentDib wrote:
    xray wrote:Yep...Belichick and Carroll are same age : but Carroll coaches old school . Belichick runs his team with his coordinators each week for a specific opponent . Every week the Pats play different . Carroll will never change he's old school . We just have to put up with it .

Yes, life has been pretty tough as a Seahawks fan. We haven't had Belichick and Brady on our team and have had to settle for 150 wins vs 106 losses since realignment, twelve playoff trips and a paltry three trips to the Super Bowl. Best of luck in being able to put up with not having Belichick again this season.

2 trips to the SB under Carroll ; which is great but all that you said is in the past . It's past time for Carroll to prepare and adapt to individual opponents before and during a game . I've noticed that many in here are posting the same concerns dating back to last season .
    xray
    NET Veteran

• One of the few times I will predict a close loss. Mainly because the Hawks don't get their stride until October, esp. after come guys come back and/or start playing (Ziggy, Reed etc.)
    I think we keep it close because of our running game, but a late attempt falls just short.

Squeelers 20, Hawks 16
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• 10am road games suck. I am thinking this is another close game like last week, and the home team narrowly wins again.

Seahawks 20
    Steelers 23

My Record to Date: 1-0
    HawkFan72
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Steelers looked awful last week, but I think they'll toughen up for their home opener. Our guys are going to look better too but, sadly IMO, not good enough.

Steelers 27, Seattle 17

Record: 1 - 0
    tdlabrie
    NET Veteran

• Hawks - 21
    Stealers - 10

Season 1-0
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

• Glancing at one of the Stealers forums about half of them are predicting a Seattle win.
    Haden may be out, and Watt is banged up.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• xray wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:
    xray wrote:Yep...Belichick and Carroll are same age : but Carroll coaches old school . Belichick runs his team with his coordinators each week for a specific opponent . Every week the Pats play different . Carroll will never change he's old school . We just have to put up with it .

2 trips to the SB under Carroll ; which is great but all that you said is in the past . It's past time for Carroll to prepare and adapt to individual opponents before and during a game . I've noticed that many in here are posting the same concerns dating back to last season .

"The Super Bowl in in the past"...gosh, what an entitled attitude.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• The Bengals pushed us around and we barely held on. The Steelers aren't much to write home about either, but I believe they'll have a more competent set up then their AFC rival does.

Seahawks - 17
    Steelers - 27
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• 28-17 Hawks. Our offense plays much better this week.
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• Passing game isn't as good with no AB, our strength has been shutting down the run we should be able to run and outlast them.

Seahawks 27
    Stealers - 15
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Pittsburg is where NFC teams go to die. It will be tough but close. Seattle 20 Stealers 13
    SPIRITOF12
    NET Starter

• I foresee a shootout. Seahawks shut down the run game but Big Ben lights it up. sPittsburgh is susceptible to the deep ball and is weak covering the slot. DK and Tyler have a field day and Seattle pulls out a close one 31-30. :irishdrinkers:
    This sets up a showdown with the undefeated Saints when I go to my very first Seahawks home game...... :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• We struggle to get to Big Ben and he picks apart our secondary just like Dalton did. Our Offense starts to pick it up but we fall just short at the end.

24-20 Steelers

1-0 YTD
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Seahawks 47
    Steelers 0
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• We get Ansah back to play with Clowney and an actual corner playing the slot, I think we harass Ben quite a bit. OL has Iupati premiering and hopefully a little improvement. I see a nail biter with the Hawks pulling it out with a late field goal, 24-23.
    OKHawksfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• Some bag on NFL.com made Stealers over Seahawks his “lock of the week.” Furthermore, this bag predicted the final score would be 21-10! See what he did there? Not cool. Can you say closet hillbilly Stealers fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    xray wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:

"The Super Bowl in in the past"...gosh, what an entitled attitude.

Those SBs are over and done with years ago...I'm interested in how this season will go not 2014..if that's ok .
    xray
    NET Veteran

• Steelers 23
    Seahawks 13

Season Record: 1-0
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 17 -- Steelers 13

Hard fought game, but the Running Game takes over and wears out a Pittsburgh defensive line that is nowhere near as talented as the Cincinnati defensive line.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Heinz Field is like the Upside Down for the Seahawks. Sadly the only Seven we have on the team is Geno Smith and he isn't saving anyone.

Pittsburgh 20
    Seahawks 6

The only question will be when I turn the channel.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Looks like Greg Rosenthal is trolling the Hawks...

LOCK OF THE WEEK: Pittsburgh Steelers 21, Seattle Seahawks 10

1 p.m. ET (FOX) | Heinz Field (Pittsburgh)

...No winning team looked worse in Week 1 than the Seahawks. Their offensive line gave up a lot of pressure and didn't create holes in the running game. Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer was out-coached by a first-time D-coordinator, to the tune of 232 yards and 12 first downs. There were positives on defense (linebackers! Jadeveon Clowney!), but the line looks thin again after losing defensive tackle Poona Ford to injury, and no amount of Pete Carroll positivity can make the secondary more talented. There will be no revenge on Bill Leavy on Sunday in Pittsburgh, just more early-season road struggles for the Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053896/article/nfl-week-2-game-picks-panthers-top-bucs-rams-defeat-saints

Nice score prediction. What a maroon. :pukeface:
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Steelers 23
    Seahawks 21

Our defense sucks. We'll be lucky to pull this out.
    Ron Burgundy
    NET Rookie

• I think our secondary rebounds in this game and we win pretty comfortably 27-13.
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

• I have to be who I am and that's Mr Optimist... Seahawks 21 - Steelers 17 :irishdrinkers:
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• As much as my mind thinks this will be a close loss, my gut tells me we will find a way to pull out a close win.

Our D-line will give Big Ben fits and control the running game, making him have to beat us. He comes close, but not enough for a W.

Hawks 21
    Steelers 17

YTD record 1-0

Go Hawks!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• We needed Ansah to help contain Roth. Without a consistent pass rush on both edges, Roth chews us up with underneath routes and a few costly deep routes against our poor secondary.

Seattle 23
    Pittsburgh 30

1-0 record
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• 24-9 Steelers. Our secondary is currently shit.

0-1
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:Heinz Field is like the Upside Down for the Seahawks. Sadly the only Seven we have on the team is Geno Smith and he isn't saving anyone.

Pittsburgh 20
    Seahawks 6

The only question will be when I turn the channel.
    The character's name is Eleven

And that is Gary Jennings number
    .. so the same statement is likely true ;)
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• How about 24-21 hawks on a last second 54 yd FG

1-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mort
    NET Starter

• I'm okay with not getting it right this week!
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I was close, just a little low on the score board.

YTD 2-0 :229031_cheers:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information