Moves (I think) Pete and John Should Consider

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
Fade":8nfy77rn said:
Trade a 2nd rd pick for Yannick Ngakoue? Hell yes.

But I don't think the Jags would do it though. After getting a king's ransom for Ramsey. They are going to want a 1st.

They should trade for Austin Hooper, and Dan Quinn as a throw-in if they can swing it.

A 1st would be a lot too trade, but Ngakou would be worth it. Ngakoue would bring the speed rush that we need. Clowney is a great do-everything DE but he isn't that pure edge rusher that the team needs. Ngakoue is. A better pass rush would cover for so many of the defense's issues. Yannick Ngakoue is still only 24 years old and he would be in the prime of his career for the second contract we would be offering him (after this season). He would be more than worth the 32 pick we would lose next year :D

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Just heard the Falcons are listening to offers for speed rusher Vic Beasley. Im curious if he would be a good fit in this D opposite Clowny? Ansah isn’t a long term solution...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
The Special Teams coach definitely needs to be fired and Norton demoted to being just a position coach. I really would like to see Dan Quinn come back as Defense Coordinator.

And heck no! Do not extend Griffin. Yes, he has improved over his horrid sophomore year, but he is not elite and is not making a great number of game changing plays.

I agree with Santa Clara Hawk about the weird attachment to his twin being a problem that could possibly get worse. Shaquem does not belong on an NFL roster. He isn't even a solid special teams player.

Stop trading down all the time in the draft, and filling out the roster with middle of the road talent. That will never take us beyond the first round of playoff football.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
AKNFidel":10x9md6n said:
Just heard the Falcons are listening to offers for speed rusher Vic Beasley. Im curious if he would be a good fit in this D opposite Clowny? Ansah isn’t a long term solution...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ansah was never considered a long term solution. They got him to fill the void created by Clark's trade basically out of desperation. They were never looking at him for long term. As it turns out, he isn't the short term solution either. Inactive again yesterday when the team needed him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mad Dog":e526kx16 said:
MontanaHawk05":e526kx16 said:
I realize this was a peripheral point in the OP, but don't cut Al Woods. You need to look past his bad penalty last week. He's done far more than either Jackson or Green thus far this year and cutting him would leave a depth problem.

Umm Woods job is entirely different than Jackson or Green.

I wouldn't cut him because Reed, Ford and Woods make a good run stuffing rotation. But that has no bearing on Jackson and Green that are competing with Jefferson, Collier, Ansah and Clowney for playing time.

I'm well aware that they play different positions. It should not be difficult for you infer that I'm talking about broad, general impact. Green and Jackson have done zero to either the run or pass game.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":clo7kw1w said:
Mad Dog":clo7kw1w said:
MontanaHawk05":clo7kw1w said:
I realize this was a peripheral point in the OP, but don't cut Al Woods. You need to look past his bad penalty last week. He's done far more than either Jackson or Green thus far this year and cutting him would leave a depth problem.

Umm Woods job is entirely different than Jackson or Green.

I wouldn't cut him because Reed, Ford and Woods make a good run stuffing rotation. But that has no bearing on Jackson and Green that are competing with Jefferson, Collier, Ansah and Clowney for playing time.

I'm well aware that they play different positions. It should not be difficult for you infer that I'm talking about broad, general impact. Green and Jackson have done zero to either the run or pass game.

Zero? They are the only DL on our roster with double digit sacks so there's that.

Jackson is a good end of the roster guy. He works hard, does little things like chase screens and can play end and tackle he's fine. If Ansah wasn't always hurt he wouldn't have to play so much.

Green is 22 years old dude he's not great but he has clearly taken a step forward in year two. Let's see where it goes.

The DL is fine personnel wise. If I could make one move I would add a speed rusher and dump Ansah. I know they won't because of the guarantees but Ansah has been the biggest disappoint other than Reed getting suspended

getnasty

Reaction score
Mohammed Sanu just cost the Pats a 2nd round pick? That's a steep price to pay for a mediocre receiver that isn't that cheap. We should see what we can get for Jaron Brown.

xray

Reaction score
xray":3udbydnv said:
Carroll...gives up all offenses play calls to his supporting cast .

And he might ponder giving up chewing gum...that rapid and hard jaw chew may have affected his thought process . just kidding ...possibly . :D

Latest posts