Penny

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
quadsas":efkrnyi4 said:
Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB.

Yeah people forget pass pro is also a very important part of why Pete doesn't give Penny more snaps, it's not just the fumbling.

Penny missed a couple blocks last weekend leading to sacks and hits on Russell.

I'm all for evening out the snap count and keeping Carson fresh for the playoffs, but it's more than just who's running the ball well, gotta know your blocking assignments too.

Largent80

Reaction score
First of all take a look at their snap counts. Carson has 4 times as many yet he missed the check which led to one of his two fumbles in a row. Everyone makes mistakes including all of YOU.

quadsas

Reaction score
Largent80":1tf8gsvb said:
First of all take a look at their snap counts. Carson has 4 times as many yet he missed the check which led to one of his two fumbles in a row. Everyone makes mistakes including all of YOU.

What exactly is your point? That Carson has made one mistake while Penny has made multiple more in far fewer snaps?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
quadsas":2w9p7814 said:
ImTheScientist":2w9p7814 said:
What should happen tonight if always compete is a real thing: Minimally Penny/Carson split carries.

What will happen: Pete will do a 20/5 carry split between Carson/Penny proving that always compete only applies to some and he plays favorites.

Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB. I'll take a fumble over a big hit on the QB
I'm sure Carson has never missed his block..Yeah right :roll:
All RB's make mistakes on the blocking and as they play more they get better.
Let's not microscope someone just because you don't like them.
I want a fumble instead RW getting sacked?Lol a fumble has cost us a couple
games while RW is fine..You are overeacting!

Elemas

Reaction score
Hoping to see an even split between the two. Carson is our main back...and I hope he gets a grip (har) on his fumbling issues but, it was refreshing to see Penny perform like he did last week.

I had "1st round pick" optimism for Penny when we drafted him that quickly eroded to a lot of doubt.

We'll see. As fans, I think we would all be delighted to see either of the two backs have a game like Penny did last week sans RW getting plowed.

quadsas

Reaction score
IndyHawk":h4qcs3ae said:
quadsas":h4qcs3ae said:
ImTheScientist":h4qcs3ae said:
What should happen tonight if always compete is a real thing: Minimally Penny/Carson split carries.

What will happen: Pete will do a 20/5 carry split between Carson/Penny proving that always compete only applies to some and he plays favorites.

Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB. I'll take a fumble over a big hit on the QB

I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about shit oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
quadsas":w4r3u16w said:
IndyHawk":w4r3u16w said:
quadsas":w4r3u16w said:
ImTheScientist":w4r3u16w said:

I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.

Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Guess who else is having issues with pass pro - Saquon Barkley (a 1st rd, 2nd pick overall). I doubt you would be griping about pass pro if Saquon was drafted by the Seahawks.

You don't like Penny and are going to any length to voice it. It's interesting that 99% of your posts are concerning Penny and nothing else. You have an obvious obsession with him. You know help is available for issues like that. I suggest you get some.

quadsas

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2lcv99lh said:
quadsas":2lcv99lh said:
IndyHawk":2lcv99lh said:
quadsas":2lcv99lh said:

I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.

Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Give it up dude.

Was Eagles game the only one you've watched in two years? Holy shit are you serious? Like actually serious?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
quadsas":36vzs7gs said:
hawkfan68":36vzs7gs said:
quadsas":36vzs7gs said:
IndyHawk":36vzs7gs said:

Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Give it up dude.

Was Eagles game the only one you've watched in two years? Holy $h!t are you serious? Like actually serious?

He's had two games in his career (this is his 2nd year) where he's had more than 10 carries - Rams last season and Eagles this year. In both games he totaled over 100 yards. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139925/type/nfl/year/2018. Chris Carson is a top 10 back. Most backs would have a difficult time unseating a back of that caliber. It's not so much that they missed on Penny but that they hit well when getting Carson in the 7th round. Also 32 teams passed on Carson at least times before the Seahawks drafted him. They got a diamond in the rough. He's held his own which has limited Penny's opportunities.

quadsas

Reaction score
hawkfan68":38dj7ivs said:
quadsas":38dj7ivs said:
hawkfan68":38dj7ivs said:
quadsas":38dj7ivs said:

Was Eagles game the only one you've watched in two years? Holy $h!t are you serious? Like actually serious?

He's had two games where he's had more than 10 carries - Rams last season and Eagles this year. In both games he totaled over 100 yards. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139925/type/nfl/year/2018.

Damn, two games. Must be pro bowler then. If you're gonna try to come at me with that weak shit, at least try to make a coherent argument, not 'look hes had two good games in two years, he must start over Carson'

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":xn0faak8 said:
quadsas":xn0faak8 said:
IndyHawk":xn0faak8 said:
quadsas":xn0faak8 said:

Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Guess who else is having issues with pass pro - Saquon Barkley (a 1st rd, 2nd pick overall). I doubt you would be griping about pass pro if Saquon was drafted by the Seahawks.

You don't like Penny and are going to any length to voice it. It's interesting that 99% of your posts are concerning Penny and nothing else. You have an obvious obsession with him. You know help is available for issues like that. I suggest you get some.

Your ass "Penny wasn't Drafted in the 1st Round to Block" EVERYBODY GETS PAID TO BLOCK FOR ONE ANOTHER...O-Line for the Passer, O-Line for RB's, TE's for the RB's, Wide Receivers for the RB's, Wide Receivers for the TE's, TE's for the Receivers---RB's FOR THEIR QUARTERBACKS, and so on, and so fourth....Hell, even Wilson has BLOCKED MULTIPLE TIMES FOR CARSON, AND MARSHAWN LYNCH before that.
And while we're at it, have you forgotten that Hasselbeck even threw up a block for BEAST-QUAKE.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
quadsas":r5d2t1pi said:
hawkfan68":r5d2t1pi said:
quadsas":r5d2t1pi said:
hawkfan68":r5d2t1pi said:

He's had two games where he's had more than 10 carries - Rams last season and Eagles this year. In both games he totaled over 100 yards. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139925/type/nfl/year/2018.

Damn, two games. Must be pro bowler then. If you're gonna try to come at me with that weak $h!t, at least try to make a coherent argument, not 'look hes had two good games in two years, he must start over Carson'

I never said in any of my posts that he should start over Carson. All I have said is he deserves more opportunities. Please show proof where I have said he should start before Carson? I'm waiting......

quadsas

Reaction score
scutterhawk":23rtsmbs said:
hawkfan68":23rtsmbs said:
quadsas":23rtsmbs said:
IndyHawk":23rtsmbs said:

Lmao, if people are discussing Penny a lot, naturally I'll have a lot of posts regarding him. This thread is 170 posts deep. If you think someone coming to this forum once a day and discussing Penny is somehow an obsession then check the dictionary. And you just compared Saquon to Penny. Get the heck out of here

quadsas

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3vedpbly said:
quadsas":3vedpbly said:
hawkfan68":3vedpbly said:
quadsas":3vedpbly said:

Damn, two games. Must be pro bowler then. If you're gonna try to come at me with that weak $h!t, at least try to make a coherent argument, not 'look hes had two good games in two years, he must start over Carson'

I never said in any of my posts that he should start over Carson. All I have said is he deserves more opportunities. Please show proof where I have said he should start before Carson? I'm waiting......

So what do you mean by more opportunities, like what does that mean?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
quadsas":556hs248 said:
scutterhawk":556hs248 said:
hawkfan68":556hs248 said:
quadsas":556hs248 said:

Lmao, if people are discussing Penny a lot, naturally I'll have a lot of posts regarding him. This thread is 170 posts deep. If you think someone coming to this forum once a day and discussing Penny is somehow an obsession then check the dictionary. And you just compared Saquon to Penny. Get the heck out of here

Yeah, your posts aren't limited to just this Penny thread. You are spouting the same crap in every Penny thread. I've seen you post about Penny in non Penny threads too...like the one about Jarran Reed's injury thread.

Yes I compared Penny to Saquon regarding pass pro blocking. Which is what Saquon is having issues with as well. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...0191121-rgfqpszcofbtdi6sfw4ldlh5s4-story.html. Because the topic of pass pro was brought up so it related. Why don't you follow your own advice and get the heck out of here.

quadsas

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3ugf2anb said:
quadsas":3ugf2anb said:
scutterhawk":3ugf2anb said:
hawkfan68":3ugf2anb said:

Yeah, your posts aren't limited to just this Penny thread. You are spouting the same crap in every Penny thread. I've seen you post about Penny in non Penny threads too...like the one about Jarran Reed's injury thread.

Yes I compared Penny to Saquon regarding pass pro blocking. Which is what Saquon is having issues with as well. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...0191121-rgfqpszcofbtdi6sfw4ldlh5s4-story.html. Because the topic of pass pro was brought up so it related. Why don't you follow your own advice and get the heck out of here.

Still, what the hell does Saquan have to do with Penny. Why are you comparing two players in completely different stratospheres. Penny is lightyears behind Saquan in terms of ability, so yeah, I wouldn't mind Saquan being bad in pass pro if he can produce massive amount of yards

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":5na4isg5 said:
quadsas":5na4isg5 said:
scutterhawk":5na4isg5 said:
hawkfan68":5na4isg5 said:

Is Saquon Barley playing for the Seahawks?, hell no, and if it was He instead of Penny, and he had a problem "Whiffing" on blocks, he'd likely be getting the exact same amount of snaps as Penny...The Seahawks are paying Russell Wilson TOP DOLLAR, and Pete EXPECTS blocking from ALL HIS PLAYERS.

massari

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1x4tnqf8 said:
Penny has arrived deal with it haters.
If he keeps playing like he has recently, there will be no more haters.