Penny

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Penny
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:05 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:They were supportive of Tedric Thompson, too, right up until they weren't. If he keeps coughing it up, Pete will reduce his load. Remember, we're in uncharted territory - the two RB's haven't been in this relative position before.


    AgentDib wrote:That being said, Penny is 100% responsible for the number of carries he gets on Sundays. Fans always fall back on coaching staff bias when they are arguing that a player should be getting more snaps and it's always nonsense. Pete is completely focused on short-term winning and he will play the players that give him the best chance of winning vs. the Vikings. Hopefully both RBs see significant playing time because they are gaining so many yards, but if Penny doesn't get the reps then it is because of factors he can control - performance in practice, excess weight, knowledge of the playbook, pass protection, etc.


    The REAL FACTS of the situation. The "Data Point" that Penny is averaging 5.9 YPC is an interesting piece of data, but that's all, just an isolated piece of data, not that helpful in deciding which back to hand the ball to on 3rd and 2, with what type of running play, or whether to pass the ball instead. You'd think someone who claims in his screen name to be a "scientist" would have more respect for the complexity of causative factors and the limits of "science" and analytics. Those things are *awesome* in the appropriate context; but repeatedly bleating an isolated data point is of very limited usefulness without context. Type of play? Down and distance/game situation? Type of defense and personnel being shown by the opponent? Specific matchup advantages that can be exploited along the line, or in the secondary?

    On 3rd and 2, I'm giving Carson the rock over Penny, 95% of the time. Carson is simply way better right now at finding that initial crease and powering through it. And if a LB or DB meets Carson in the hole, Carson is by far the more likely back to power through that and pick up the 2 yards and a first down anyway. Anyone who has watched the Seahawks the last couple seasons doesn't need advanced analytics to know that.

    All that said, I love the potential that is there in Penny's game and he deserves chances to get the experience and learn and to show his stuff. Personally, I think Pete has limited Penny's reps and carries as a message and motivating factor for Penny. I think right now, as others have said, Pete is going to give Penny more opportunities going forward, because he needs to avoid overusing Carson and having him too dinged up to run strongly during the last month of regular season and the postseason. It also looks like Penny is increasingly earning his opportunities.

    ..."Schottenheimer explained that the team had been talking about getting Penny more chances, and that they decided in the Eagles game to “get him into a rotation.” Soooo.... translation, Pete, via Schotty, weighed in with his opinion, in real time during the Eagles game, but "Penny’s 14 carries for 129 yards and Carson’s six for 26 doesn’t mean that Penny has supplanted Carson". See https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... r-guy/amp/
    Carson got his ass kicked by the coaching staff, got strong feedback during the Eagles game, about Pete's feelings regarding all the fumbles. How much clearer could Pete have possibly made it?

    Montana, WTH, pulling out a relevant fact that shows the contrast between Pete's actual commitment to Tedric Thompson, vs. Pete's public verbal statements, and that sometimes the two differ? Then you unabashedly state that actual performance matters more to Pete than playing favorites? And then you cap all that by coldly stating that always com-Pete could potentially apply this even to sacred bell-cow Carson? No! Say it isn't so!

    AgentDib, you are such a ruthless and relentless peddler of relevant facts, could you dial it back a notch or two so as not to keep continually showing up those who *claim* they have some sort of monopoly on "facts"? You snuck into a small space, by my count, 5 on-the-money fact-zingers in there. Maybe limit to no more than 3 per post? No? OK, we'll all just enjoy all 5 anyway.

    So, against the Vikings Monday, I think we can expect to see Carson still be the featured back, but for Penny to get in a couple series in each half. And Carson will be on a short leash.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2592
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


Re: Penny
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:44 am
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:Carson is in the top 10 due to volume and volume alone. Can honestly tell me, without your Seahawk bias, that you would rather have Carson over 10 of the other starting RBs in the league? Look, I'm not saying he's absolute trash. I love having a decent running game, but Carson is definitely a replacement level plodder with a bad fumbling problem. He's averaging 4.2 yards per carry with massive volume. With a pretty decent O-line, that's mediocre.


    I can't even fathom how anyone could watch Carson and use the word "mediocre". The reason he is a top 10 or even top 5 running back has nothing to do with volume (although his ability to achieve volume is noteworthy). Whlie many other top RBs are firing through massive holes created by superior blocking, Carson more than most has to create his own yards, busting tackles behind the lines regularly - something Penny has been unable to do reliably.

    You don't need volume stats or Seahawk goggles to see Carson at the very top of the league. Last year PFF ranked Carson #5 RB in the league for the season and their grading system is per play and in no way based on volume. Using a very different system of evaluation, based on the Expected Points Added (EPA) framework, Sports Info Solution ranks Carson #5 in the league this year, fumbles and all.

    https://www.sisdatahub.com/leaderboards/RB

    It's not easy to distinguish the contributions of an RB versus his OL to run success. That's why statistics showing what happens to running backs when they make contact with a defender are particularly useful. Here are two long-term snapshots of just how impressive Carson has been:



    For those that aren't Carson fans, you better brace yourself because I would put heavy odds on him getting a juicy extension.
    Tamerlane
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 7
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:30 pm


Re: Penny
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:18 pm
  • Damn, for a "benchwarmer", you sure are bringing it! Practically read my mind, I was wondering about Yards-After-Contact and Broken Tackles stats, because the ol' Eye Test (tm) sure shows that Carson breaks tackles a dime a dozen and trucks so many dudes that try to tackle him, that he's gotta be among the league leaders in that kind of stuff. I still love Penny and have high hopes for his continued development, as my sig attests, but Carson is DA MAN, and so much fun to watch week in and week out, aside from the pesky fumbling issue.

    Thanks for the RELEVANT stats and data that back up the *facts* we see occurring in nearly every Carson run!

    Some Chris Carson FACTS on display in this 2018 highlights video: (My favorite Carson plays start about 3:18 into the video)
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2592
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


Re: Penny
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:39 pm
  • I see an equal chance of Penny becoming a feature back and excelling, as I do becoming a feature back and seeing his YPC drop to 3.8 because he doesn't break the tackles Carson does. Both seem equally possible at this point.

    Because Carson doesn't just batter through six tackles for three yards. He also batters through them for eleven. If you really want to try and convince me that that isn't valuable, your football knowledge is at the journeyman stage.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17125
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


Re: Penny
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I see an equal chance of Penny becoming a feature back and excelling, as I do becoming a feature back and seeing his YPC drop to 3.8 because he doesn't break the tackles Carson does. Both seem equally possible at this point.

    Because Carson doesn't just batter through six tackles for three yards. He also batters through them for eleven. If you really want to try and convince me that that isn't valuable, your football knowledge is at the journeyman stage.



    I agree Carson is awesome. The fumbles have to go away.
    LastRideOut
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 220
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:36 am
  • Tamerlane wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:Carson is in the top 10 due to volume and volume alone. Can honestly tell me, without your Seahawk bias, that you would rather have Carson over 10 of the other starting RBs in the league? Look, I'm not saying he's absolute trash. I love having a decent running game, but Carson is definitely a replacement level plodder with a bad fumbling problem. He's averaging 4.2 yards per carry with massive volume. With a pretty decent O-line, that's mediocre.


    I can't even fathom how anyone could watch Carson and use the word "mediocre". The reason he is a top 10 or even top 5 running back has nothing to do with volume (although his ability to achieve volume is noteworthy). Whlie many other top RBs are firing through massive holes created by superior blocking, Carson more than most has to create his own yards, busting tackles behind the lines regularly - something Penny has been unable to do reliably.

    You don't need volume stats or Seahawk goggles to see Carson at the very top of the league. Last year PFF ranked Carson #5 RB in the league for the season and their grading system is per play and in no way based on volume. Using a very different system of evaluation, based on the Expected Points Added (EPA) framework, Sports Info Solution ranks Carson #5 in the league this year, fumbles and all.

    https://www.sisdatahub.com/leaderboards/RB

    It's not easy to distinguish the contributions of an RB versus his OL to run success. That's why statistics showing what happens to running backs when they make contact with a defender are particularly useful. Here are two long-term snapshots of just how impressive Carson has been:



    For those that aren't Carson fans, you better brace yourself because I would put heavy odds on him getting a juicy extension.


    As much as Pete loves Carson I think if Penny flukes his way into another game full of holes in the trenches then Carson will light the league up somewhere else.

    Anyone who watches the game can easily see that Penny is probably 1/5 of Seahawks runningback that Carson is. Carson fumbles are a weird phenomena cause he never was a fumbler, and out of sudden all those start happening. was it variance not fumbling the ball, or is it variance that he is just fumbling this season. Who knows. Benching him would be a massive, massive mistake.
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:05 am
  • AgentDib wrote:I would think that Seahawks fans would support both Penny and Carson. There's plenty of room on the team for both of them considering their different styles, the high incidence of injury among RBs, and the focus that this offense puts on the running game.

    That being said, Penny is 100% responsible for the number of carries he gets on Sundays. Fans always fall back on coaching staff bias when they are arguing that a player should be getting more snaps and it's always nonsense. Pete is completely focused on short-term winning and he will play the players that give him the best chance of winning vs. the Vikings. Hopefully both RBs see significant playing time because they are gaining so many yards, but if Penny doesn't get the reps then it is because of factors he can control - performance in practice, excess weight, knowledge of the playbook, pass protection, etc.

    I couldn't have summed it up any better :2thumbs:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7030
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:58 am
  • What should happen tonight if always compete is a real thing: Minimally Penny/Carson split carries.

    What will happen: Pete will do a 20/5 carry split between Carson/Penny proving that always compete only applies to some and he plays favorites.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3623
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:30 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:What should happen tonight if always compete is a real thing: Minimally Penny/Carson split carries.

    What will happen: Pete will do a 20/5 carry split between Carson/Penny proving that always compete only applies to some and he plays favorites.


    Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB. I'll take a fumble over a big hit on the QB
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:55 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:What should happen tonight if always compete is a real thing: Minimally Penny/Carson split carries.

    What will happen: Pete will do a 20/5 carry split between Carson/Penny proving that always compete only applies to some and he plays favorites.


    As Head Coach, President of Football operations he gets to do what he wants.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 28909
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:06 pm
  • quadsas wrote:
    Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB.


    Yeah people forget pass pro is also a very important part of why Pete doesn't give Penny more snaps, it's not just the fumbling.

    Penny missed a couple blocks last weekend leading to sacks and hits on Russell.

    I'm all for evening out the snap count and keeping Carson fresh for the playoffs, but it's more than just who's running the ball well, gotta know your blocking assignments too.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15891
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:52 pm
  • First of all take a look at their snap counts. Carson has 4 times as many yet he missed the check which led to one of his two fumbles in a row. Everyone makes mistakes including all of YOU.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34957
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:01 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:First of all take a look at their snap counts. Carson has 4 times as many yet he missed the check which led to one of his two fumbles in a row. Everyone makes mistakes including all of YOU.


    What exactly is your point? That Carson has made one mistake while Penny has made multiple more in far fewer snaps?
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:43 pm
  • quadsas wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:What should happen tonight if always compete is a real thing: Minimally Penny/Carson split carries.

    What will happen: Pete will do a 20/5 carry split between Carson/Penny proving that always compete only applies to some and he plays favorites.


    Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB. I'll take a fumble over a big hit on the QB

    I'm sure Carson has never missed his block..Yeah right :roll:
    All RB's make mistakes on the blocking and as they play more they get better.
    Let's not microscope someone just because you don't like them.
    I want a fumble instead RW getting sacked?Lol a fumble has cost us a couple
    games while RW is fine..You are overeacting!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4870
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:44 pm
  • Hoping to see an even split between the two. Carson is our main back...and I hope he gets a grip (har) on his fumbling issues but, it was refreshing to see Penny perform like he did last week.

    I had "1st round pick" optimism for Penny when we drafted him that quickly eroded to a lot of doubt.

    We'll see. As fans, I think we would all be delighted to see either of the two backs have a game like Penny did last week sans RW getting plowed.
    Elemas
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 260
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:02 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:16 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:What should happen tonight if always compete is a real thing: Minimally Penny/Carson split carries.

    What will happen: Pete will do a 20/5 carry split between Carson/Penny proving that always compete only applies to some and he plays favorites.


    Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB. I'll take a fumble over a big hit on the QB

    I'm sure Carson has never missed his block..Yeah right :roll:
    All RB's make mistakes on the blocking and as they play more they get better.
    Let's not microscope someone just because you don't like them.
    I want a fumble instead RW getting sacked?Lol a fumble has cost us a couple
    games while RW is fine..You are overeacting!


    I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:46 pm
  • quadsas wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:What should happen tonight if always compete is a real thing: Minimally Penny/Carson split carries.

    What will happen: Pete will do a 20/5 carry split between Carson/Penny proving that always compete only applies to some and he plays favorites.


    Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB. I'll take a fumble over a big hit on the QB

    I'm sure Carson has never missed his block..Yeah right :roll:
    All RB's make mistakes on the blocking and as they play more they get better.
    Let's not microscope someone just because you don't like them.
    I want a fumble instead RW getting sacked?Lol a fumble has cost us a couple
    games while RW is fine..You are overeacting!


    I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.


    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Guess who else is having issues with pass pro - Saquon Barkley (a 1st rd, 2nd pick overall). I doubt you would be griping about pass pro if Saquon was drafted by the Seahawks.

    You don't like Penny and are going to any length to voice it. It's interesting that 99% of your posts are concerning Penny and nothing else. You have an obvious obsession with him. You know help is available for issues like that. I suggest you get some.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7568
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:52 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB. I'll take a fumble over a big hit on the QB

    I'm sure Carson has never missed his block..Yeah right :roll:
    All RB's make mistakes on the blocking and as they play more they get better.
    Let's not microscope someone just because you don't like them.
    I want a fumble instead RW getting sacked?Lol a fumble has cost us a couple
    games while RW is fine..You are overeacting!


    I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.


    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Give it up dude.


    Was Eagles game the only one you've watched in two years? Holy $h!t are you serious? Like actually serious?
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:03 pm
  • quadsas wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I'm sure Carson has never missed his block..Yeah right :roll:
    All RB's make mistakes on the blocking and as they play more they get better.
    Let's not microscope someone just because you don't like them.
    I want a fumble instead RW getting sacked?Lol a fumble has cost us a couple
    games while RW is fine..You are overeacting!


    I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.


    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Give it up dude.


    Was Eagles game the only one you've watched in two years? Holy $h!t are you serious? Like actually serious?


    He's had two games in his career (this is his 2nd year) where he's had more than 10 carries - Rams last season and Eagles this year. In both games he totaled over 100 yards. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139925/type/nfl/year/2018. Chris Carson is a top 10 back. Most backs would have a difficult time unseating a back of that caliber. It's not so much that they missed on Penny but that they hit well when getting Carson in the 7th round. Also 32 teams passed on Carson at least times before the Seahawks drafted him. They got a diamond in the rough. He's held his own which has limited Penny's opportunities.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7568
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:04 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.


    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Give it up dude.


    Was Eagles game the only one you've watched in two years? Holy $h!t are you serious? Like actually serious?


    He's had two games where he's had more than 10 carries - Rams last season and Eagles this year. In both games he totaled over 100 yards. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139925/type/nfl/year/2018.


    Damn, two games. Must be pro bowler then. If you're gonna try to come at me with that weak $h!t, at least try to make a coherent argument, not 'look hes had two good games in two years, he must start over Carson'
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:06 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    Just completely forgetting Penny doing his absolute best to kill our QB. I'll take a fumble over a big hit on the QB

    I'm sure Carson has never missed his block..Yeah right :roll:
    All RB's make mistakes on the blocking and as they play more they get better.
    Let's not microscope someone just because you don't like them.
    I want a fumble instead RW getting sacked?Lol a fumble has cost us a couple
    games while RW is fine..You are overeacting!


    I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.


    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Guess who else is having issues with pass pro - Saquon Barkley (a 1st rd, 2nd pick overall). I doubt you would be griping about pass pro if Saquon was drafted by the Seahawks.

    You don't like Penny and are going to any length to voice it. It's interesting that 99% of your posts are concerning Penny and nothing else. You have an obvious obsession with him. You know help is available for issues like that. I suggest you get some.


    Your ass "Penny wasn't Drafted in the 1st Round to Block" EVERYBODY GETS PAID TO BLOCK FOR ONE ANOTHER...O-Line for the Passer, O-Line for RB's, TE's for the RB's, Wide Receivers for the RB's, Wide Receivers for the TE's, TE's for the Receivers---RB's FOR THEIR QUARTERBACKS, and so on, and so fourth....Hell, even Wilson has BLOCKED MULTIPLE TIMES FOR CARSON, AND MARSHAWN LYNCH before that.
    And while we're at it, have you forgotten that Hasselbeck even threw up a block for BEAST-QUAKE.
    Last edited by scutterhawk on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7030
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:09 pm
  • quadsas wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Give it up dude.


    Was Eagles game the only one you've watched in two years? Holy $h!t are you serious? Like actually serious?


    He's had two games where he's had more than 10 carries - Rams last season and Eagles this year. In both games he totaled over 100 yards. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139925/type/nfl/year/2018.


    Damn, two games. Must be pro bowler then. If you're gonna try to come at me with that weak $h!t, at least try to make a coherent argument, not 'look hes had two good games in two years, he must start over Carson'


    I never said in any of my posts that he should start over Carson. All I have said is he deserves more opportunities. Please show proof where I have said he should start before Carson? I'm waiting......
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7568
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:10 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I'm sure Carson has never missed his block..Yeah right :roll:
    All RB's make mistakes on the blocking and as they play more they get better.
    Let's not microscope someone just because you don't like them.
    I want a fumble instead RW getting sacked?Lol a fumble has cost us a couple
    games while RW is fine..You are overeacting!


    I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.


    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Guess who else is having issues with pass pro - Saquon Barkley (a 1st rd, 2nd pick overall). I doubt you would be griping about pass pro if Saquon was drafted by the Seahawks.

    You don't like Penny and are going to any length to voice it. It's interesting that 99% of your posts are concerning Penny and nothing else. You have an obvious obsession with him. You know help is available for issues like that. I suggest you get some.


    Lmao, if people are discussing Penny a lot, naturally I'll have a lot of posts regarding him. This thread is 170 posts deep. If you think someone coming to this forum once a day and discussing Penny is somehow an obsession then check the dictionary. And you just compared Saquon to Penny. Get the f*** out of here
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:10 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    Was Eagles game the only one you've watched in two years? Holy $h!t are you serious? Like actually serious?


    He's had two games where he's had more than 10 carries - Rams last season and Eagles this year. In both games he totaled over 100 yards. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139925/type/nfl/year/2018.


    Damn, two games. Must be pro bowler then. If you're gonna try to come at me with that weak $h!t, at least try to make a coherent argument, not 'look hes had two good games in two years, he must start over Carson'


    I never said in any of my posts that he should start over Carson. All I have said is he deserves more opportunities. Please show proof where I have said he should start before Carson? I'm waiting......


    So what do you mean by more opportunities, like what does that mean?
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:20 pm
  • quadsas wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    I don't think Penny has had a game where he hasn't missed a block. I guess you love complaining about $h!t oline play but then you are fine with Penny missing blocks all over the place. It's not nitpicking. He has done it continously, and is without a doubt number one reason why I would've loved to see him gone. Carson is solid in pass pro. He ain't like insanely good, but he's definitely much much better than Penny is.


    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Guess who else is having issues with pass pro - Saquon Barkley (a 1st rd, 2nd pick overall). I doubt you would be griping about pass pro if Saquon was drafted by the Seahawks.

    You don't like Penny and are going to any length to voice it. It's interesting that 99% of your posts are concerning Penny and nothing else. You have an obvious obsession with him. You know help is available for issues like that. I suggest you get some.


    Lmao, if people are discussing Penny a lot, naturally I'll have a lot of posts regarding him. This thread is 170 posts deep. If you think someone coming to this forum once a day and discussing Penny is somehow an obsession then check the dictionary. And you just compared Saquon to Penny. Get the f*** out of here


    Yeah, your posts aren't limited to just this Penny thread. You are spouting the same crap in every Penny thread. I've seen you post about Penny in non Penny threads too...like the one about Jarran Reed's injury thread.

    Yes I compared Penny to Saquon regarding pass pro blocking. Which is what Saquon is having issues with as well. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-saquon-barkley-pass-blocking-improvement-20191121-rgfqpszcofbtdi6sfw4ldlh5s4-story.html. Because the topic of pass pro was brought up so it related. Why don't you follow your own advice and get the f** out of here.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7568
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:25 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Guess who else is having issues with pass pro - Saquon Barkley (a 1st rd, 2nd pick overall). I doubt you would be griping about pass pro if Saquon was drafted by the Seahawks.

    You don't like Penny and are going to any length to voice it. It's interesting that 99% of your posts are concerning Penny and nothing else. You have an obvious obsession with him. You know help is available for issues like that. I suggest you get some.


    Lmao, if people are discussing Penny a lot, naturally I'll have a lot of posts regarding him. This thread is 170 posts deep. If you think someone coming to this forum once a day and discussing Penny is somehow an obsession then check the dictionary. And you just compared Saquon to Penny. Get the f*** out of here


    Yeah, your posts aren't limited to just this Penny thread. You are spouting the same crap in every Penny thread. I've seen you post about Penny in non Penny threads too...like the one about Jarran Reed's injury thread.

    Yes I compared Penny to Saquon regarding pass pro blocking. Which is what Saquon is having issues with as well. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-saquon-barkley-pass-blocking-improvement-20191121-rgfqpszcofbtdi6sfw4ldlh5s4-story.html. Because the topic of pass pro was brought up so it related. Why don't you follow your own advice and get the f** out of here.


    Still, what the f*** does Saquan have to do with Penny. Why are you comparing two players in completely different stratospheres. Penny is lightyears behind Saquan in terms of ability, so yeah, I wouldn't mind Saquan being bad in pass pro if he can produce massive amount of yards
    quadsas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:33 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Get a grip....Penny wasn't drafted in the 1st round to block in pass pro. He was drafted because of his ability to run the ball. He is finally showing it. So now you want to nitpick his blocking ability because you can't pick on his running. Guess who else is having issues with pass pro - Saquon Barkley (a 1st rd, 2nd pick overall). I doubt you would be griping about pass pro if Saquon was drafted by the Seahawks.

    You don't like Penny and are going to any length to voice it. It's interesting that 99% of your posts are concerning Penny and nothing else. You have an obvious obsession with him. You know help is available for issues like that. I suggest you get some.


    Lmao, if people are discussing Penny a lot, naturally I'll have a lot of posts regarding him. This thread is 170 posts deep. If you think someone coming to this forum once a day and discussing Penny is somehow an obsession then check the dictionary. And you just compared Saquon to Penny. Get the f*** out of here


    Yeah, your posts aren't limited to just this Penny thread. You are spouting the same crap in every Penny thread. I've seen you post about Penny in non Penny threads too...like the one about Jarran Reed's injury thread.

    Yes I compared Penny to Saquon regarding pass pro blocking. Which is what Saquon is having issues with as well. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-saquon-barkley-pass-blocking-improvement-20191121-rgfqpszcofbtdi6sfw4ldlh5s4-story.html. Because the topic of pass pro was brought up so it related. Why don't you follow your own advice and get the f** out of here.

    Is Saquon Barley playing for the Seahawks?, hell no, and if it was He instead of Penny, and he had a problem "Whiffing" on blocks, he'd likely be getting the exact same amount of snaps as Penny...The Seahawks are paying Russell Wilson TOP DOLLAR, and Pete EXPECTS blocking from ALL HIS PLAYERS.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7030
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:40 pm
  • Penny has arrived deal with it haters.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1438
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:53 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:Penny has arrived deal with it haters.

    If he keeps playing like he has recently, there will be no more haters.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1451
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 pm
  • massari wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Penny has arrived deal with it haters.

    If he keeps playing like he has recently, there will be no more haters.


    He's turned the corner .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1438
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:55 pm
  • He had a very nice game today. Carson 100+, Penny 70+
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22699
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:00 pm
  • Great games by both of them today. Very good problem to have this year, which is kinda all I care about at the moment.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17125
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:01 pm
  • massari wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Penny has arrived deal with it haters.

    If he keeps playing like he has recently, there will be no more haters.

    No, they're lifers. Through and Through
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1627
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:
    massari wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Penny has arrived deal with it haters.

    If he keeps playing like he has recently, there will be no more haters.

    No, they're lifers. Through and Through

    Likely, sadly
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22699
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:04 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:
    massari wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Penny has arrived deal with it haters.

    If he keeps playing like he has recently, there will be no more haters.

    No, they're lifers. Through and Through

    Likely, sadly
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22699
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:11 pm
  • Yup.... kept telling you all this. Haters gonna hate.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3623
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 pm
  • I think he needs to lose about 7 more pounds to be truly explosive.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2615
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:20 pm
  • Penny had more total yards and TD's tonight than Carson. So he's earned more playing time and he's taken his game to another level.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1438
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:21 pm
  • He looked grea againt, i think its safe to finally release Prosise.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1006
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:23 pm
  • rcaido wrote:He looked grea againt, i think its safe to finally release Prosise.

    Not until the offseason. Need him for injury insurance and obviously need Homer for STs
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22699
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:23 pm
  • rcaido wrote:He looked grea againt, i think its safe to finally release Prosise.


    Tempting but if 32 didn’t get back up tonight I’d reconsider real quick


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mort
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 410
    Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:58 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:28 pm
  • MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17125
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:36 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:


    The way Penny played tonight it think he earned it, but it was a nice gesture from Carson. There will come a time when the Seahawks have to choose between the two but that's a couple years away and it will be a tough decision. If Penny stays on this trajectory and I have no reason to think he won't he's just getting started.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1438
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 pm
  • I liked the ratio tonight. Carson 22 (IIRC) and Penney 15. Nice balance to get both reps. :2thumbs:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 17173
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:39 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:

    :179417: That's winners $h!t right there
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22699
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:42 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

    :179417: That's winners $h!t right there


    Were fortunate to have dual RB's of this quality. This is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams down the stretch.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1438
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:


    The way Penny played tonight it think he earned it, but it was a nice gesture from Carson. There will come a time when the Seahawks have to choose between the two but that's a couple years away and it will be a tough decision. If Penny stays on this trajectory and I have no reason to think he won't he's just getting started.




    Not sure why they would have to choose.

    RB's have a short shelf life. Plenty of teams carry two legit backs to keep the tread on the tires low, so to speak.

    Especially with a banger like Carson.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2480
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:50 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:


    The way Penny played tonight it think he earned it, but it was a nice gesture from Carson. There will come a time when the Seahawks have to choose between the two but that's a couple years away and it will be a tough decision. If Penny stays on this trajectory and I have no reason to think he won't he's just getting started.




    Not sure why they would have to choose.

    RB's have a short shelf life. Plenty of teams carry two legit backs to keep the tread on the tires low, so to speak.

    Especially with a banger like Carson.


    Can't afford two RB's of this caliber salary cap . Penny is going to get paid so is Carson can't pay both.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1438
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:53 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 6322
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Penny
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:54 pm
  • Contrary to what some around here say, Penny can break tackles, too. They both run pretty hard.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 17173
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online