Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O-line has to be #1 priority over everything else offseason.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Did anyone catch the Greenbay 49ers game? GB supposedly top tier online was absolutely demolished the 49ers Dline.

    Weve been gambling on Wilson's health for years. Yes, our Defense is bad but I think we've been playing on borrowed time. We need a pro-bowl caliber line. Duane Brown is the only player on this line that earns the right to come back. Britt has not shown the ability to stay on the field consistently and even so he is average at best. I can't believe ppl here are actually advocating Ifedi come back. At best he is mediocre, maybe might even be average.

    We need to build a top ten O-line in FA and the draft. What's the point of having a defense when we lose our QB?
    Bosa is here to stay for years. Even Donald has single-handedly wrecked our line for years and we have never addressed it.
    blazen2392
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 243
    Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:19 pm


  • Based on your first paragraph wouldn't a first rate D Line be most important?
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1101
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


  • I get what you are saying and agree with you unfortunately Pete & JS just won't go for it. This has been a problem the entire time they have run the team. Heck if I recall correctly Russell had to take a pay cut in order to get Duane Brown.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4358
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 am


  • TreeRon wrote:Based on your first paragraph wouldn't a first rate D Line be most important?



    What I mean is that we have to contend with Bosa and Donald in our division. We need lineman that can compete with them.

    What's the point of having a first-rate D lineman when we are putting our QB at risk? Wilson by himself is worth at least 8 games and a fighting chance for an SB. Thats why getting him protection imo should be the number one priority.
    blazen2392
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 243
    Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:19 pm


  • You're right. We need to cut ties with pretty much any vestige of the rhymes-with-unable era. That was a total fail and the hangover just keeps lingering.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 7308
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


  • I agree the OLine is a problem, but to say the team has thrown resources to upgrade this unit is incorrect.

    It’s quite simple, because fans forget some minor details, like Tom Cable.

    He coached the team from 2011-18 and he had a lot of say on who we should draft since he was looking for athletic type lineman to play his zone system. The team drafted a whopping 16 Olineman during his time, the most of any team during this time period. And, the next team was not even close.

    2011: James Carpenter, John Moffett
    2012: JR Sweezy
    2013: Ryan Seymour, Jared Smith, Michael Bowie
    2014: Justin Britt, Garrett Scott
    2015: Terry Poole, Mark Glowinski, Kristjan Sokoli
    2016: Ifedi, Rees Odhiambo, Joey Hunt
    2017: Pocic, Justin Senior

    We had salary cap limitations the past two years limiting its ability to go after free agents.

    Mike Solari has done a lot with less. He stabilized the Oline.
    -D Brown regressed w/Cable. Solari installed a completely different system and Brown excelled.
    -Ifedi was terrible, but he played better.
    -Sweezy, Fluker, Iupati. Aging and oft injured. they succeeded here.
    -Jordan Simmons. Oft injured at USC. Waived by the Raiders. No offseason w/the Hawks, but he filled in nicely for Fluker last year.
    -Jamarco James. Never played OG in HS or college but did a good job filling in for a Fluker and Iupati.
    -Phil Haynes. Looked good against GB with little time to prepare.

    I suspect the team to sign a player Solari,s worked with/knows his system. I also believe we’ll draft several Olineman. He has spent 2 years w/the Hawks, but he’s managed to do a lot more with less when you compare with Cable.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 898
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:55 am


  • I still think DL is the answer, not OL. I think an OL of Brown, Haynes, Britt, Fluker, Fant would be fine. Pocic could replace Britt if Cap needed. We need to draft a potential Brown replacement. Find some guard depth in FA.

    But we really need a LEO and resign Clowney as I'm not sure going into a season with Green and Collier as our top DE's is going to cut it.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1725
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


  • blazen2392 wrote:Did anyone catch the Greenbay 49ers game? GB supposedly top tier online was absolutely demolished the 49ers Dline.

    Weve been gambling on Wilson's health for years. Yes, our Defense is bad but I think we've been playing on borrowed time. We need a pro-bowl caliber line. Duane Brown is the only player on this line that earns the right to come back. Britt has not shown the ability to stay on the field consistently and even so he is average at best. I can't believe ppl here are actually advocating Ifedi come back. At best he is mediocre, maybe might even be average.

    We need to build a top ten O-line in FA and the draft. What's the point of having a defense when we lose our QB?
    Bosa is here to stay for years. Even Donald has single-handedly wrecked our line for years and we have never addressed it.


    25.3 PPG, 4th overall in rushing, 9th overall total offense. Meanwhile, the defense was 31st in QB pressure rate and couldn't get a 3rd down stop against GB to save their lives and OL is your top priority???...lol okay

    What's the point of having a defense when we lose our QB? What's the point of having and amazing OL and top tier offense when the defense is giving up 26 PPG? We might as well be the Dallas Cowboys.
    Polk738
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 414
    Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:04 pm


  • D-line is priority #1, but O-line a close 2nd.

    I'd love us to just draft a guard..............just a really good plain old offensive guard. Not a project, not a basketball player we're converting to guard. Not a 7th round pick that used to play nose tackle that we want to develop into a guard. Not plug in a washed up dude that hasn't been healthy or good for 3-4 seasons.

    You know, just a great young guard. That played guard in college. And we want him to play guard for us. A guard.

    Is that too much to ask?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16413
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • games are always won in the trenches but I think our d-line is worse than the o-line so they need to address that first. if they get that at least good then they can add to o-line in the future. and if the D doesn't give up any points does it even matter who plays qb? I say that half sarcastically.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 175
    Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:20 pm


  • i like the idea of guard... how about 3 of them... say a 2nd/3rd rounder, and a couple of late picks?
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1545
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 11:34 pm


  • When you have an above average Oline, a six time roster cut like Mostert can run for 200+ on any given day.

    Plug and play.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3400
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am
    Location: South Seattle


  • Its simple, if we loose Wilson can we win? If no, then either redo the offense so we can, or fix the oline. If yes then dont worry the offense is fine and there for the oline is fine. We already know we can win without a run game we just did it against the Eagles. In the end even if we fixed the oline that is only part of the issue, in that PC will fix it relevant to the run not the pass. If you look at all the o lineman outside of Brown none are pass blockers, they are known run blockers.

    As long as Wilson can make the pass game at least avg without an avg pass blocking oline we will not improve it form a pass blocking perspective.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2599
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • An above average offense coupled with a below average defense = an average team overall . Average teams seldom make SB appearances . The Hawks need upgrades on both lines .
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1679
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • TreeRon wrote:Based on your first paragraph wouldn't a first rate D Line be most important?

    ^ this
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *
     
    Posts: 1657
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA



  • I want PC/JS to be bringing in the players they think physically can be starters. About half our guys ending didn't start out being our starters.

    Some examples:

    Hunt should have never been our backup no matter how smart he was. I don't know how it's even possible to scheme for an undersized center, but it's clear PC/JS hadn't figured it out either.

    Homer, impressive that he was, didn't inspire PC/JS because he's undersized. There's no room in their heads for utilizing someone like him or Boston Scott--they want biggo maulers and will reach back to the end of the couch to get them, so why not draft/FA just guys who have the physical dimensions you want and are eight, nine years younger?

    Shaquem. Look, I'm just saying that to utilize him effectively necessarily means believing that he can take the majority of snaps at whatever position he is assigned to, not making him a defacto floater.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1831
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • Draft Logan Stenberg for guard. A Hutch clone...GET HIM at all costs PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35789
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • [quote="Largent80"]Draft Logan Stenberg for guard. A Hutch clone...GET HIM at all costs PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

    I agree, but not "at all costs." Get him in the second round where projected rather than hand him first-round tinder.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1831
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • Here is my theory on why we should spend more on DL than OL. With the premise that the key to success for either line is protecting your QB and/or disrupting you opponents QB.

    The Story For Paying DL-
    Pass Rush can be solely generated from one player, you put your best man on ours and having an elite Passrusher can still get you pressure and sacks. You coudl have one completely crap DL and you can still have a stellar Pass rush.

    Run Stopping cannot be effective with only one great run stopper on the line. It is really a matter of the weakest link. If you have one poor run defender the whole DL can look like crap. But back to the key to success this is not the key success factor.

    The Story against OL-
    It only takes one bad linemen to make the whole line look like. You could pay $100mil to 4 lineman and if you have one that just sucks, the other team can still get pressure on your QB.

    Where having a great run blocking lineman can potentially blow a hole in the DL and it won't matter if there is a weakness somewhere else

    So basically I say spend the money on 2 or 3 top notch DL who can disrupt the QB and continue to protect Russ's blindside and lets try to overachiever without backing up the brinks truck to a bunch of other O linemen.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner
     
    Posts: 4504
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am
    Location: Renton, WA


  • This line got blown up inside all season. Hunt, while short was stout and got absolutely TRUCKED repeatedly. Britt had a bad injury. Hunt is FA. I say draft one of the many very good C available this draft, also draft a good G. We have crap at G right now. Iupati is done. Pocic is injured more than healthy. Fluker is signed for one more year.

    C and G are huge needs and both are in good supply this draft and we are loaded with pics.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35789
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • Wenhawk wrote:Here is my theory on why we should spend more on DL than OL. With the premise that the key to success for either line is protecting your QB and/or disrupting you opponents QB.

    The Story For Paying DL-
    Pass Rush can be solely generated from one player, you put your best man on ours and having an elite Passrusher can still get you pressure and sacks. You coudl have one completely crap DL and you can still have a stellar Pass rush.

    Run Stopping cannot be effective with only one great run stopper on the line. It is really a matter of the weakest link. If you have one poor run defender the whole DL can look like crap. But back to the key to success this is not the key success factor.

    The Story against OL-
    It only takes one bad linemen to make the whole line look like. You could pay $100mil to 4 lineman and if you have one that just sucks, the other team can still get pressure on your QB.

    Where having a great run blocking lineman can potentially blow a hole in the DL and it won't matter if there is a weakness somewhere else

    So basically I say spend the money on 2 or 3 top notch DL who can disrupt the QB and continue to protect Russ's blindside and lets try to overachiever without backing up the brinks truck to a bunch of other O linemen.


    Okay and if one of the oline weaknesses leads to Wilson being injured and out then what? OR are you saying we can win without Wilson?
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2599
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • I would love a dominant Oline. They are just hard to come by. It generally takes years to gain the skills at the position, and when they get decent they get paid generally more than we can afford, or want to afford. Rock/hard spot.
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 819
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm


  • #1 Priority should be a new DC.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3843
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • 1A. Offensive line
    1B. Defensive line
    1C. Defensive coordinator
    1D. Pete Carroll learns better clock management
    1E. Cornerback
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1318
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


  • After the year our D had we need an infusion of speed and Dline help but with the way the draft looks to be shaping up it would make sense to focus on the O line. Maybe the quickest answer to Dline is free agency and cover our butts with finding tackles and center.

    IMO we could easily come away with 2 tackles and a guard or center. Haynes and Jones could develop to become good guards. There are some good centers in the draft so maybe thats the way to go.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1864
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:37 am


  • Largent80 wrote:This line got blown up inside all season. Hunt, while short was stout and got absolutely TRUCKED repeatedly. Britt had a bad injury. Hunt is FA. I say draft one of the many very good C available this draft, also draft a good G. We have crap at G right now. Iupati is done. Pocic is injured more than healthy. Fluker is signed for one more year.

    C and G are huge needs and both are in good supply this draft and we are loaded with pics.


    yep, I agree with your inside OL needs as well. There are actually some really good OG and C in the late first, early 2nd that we could target. Of course, who knows what JS and PC have in mind, but would be very happy if they went this route.

    I wonder if they sometimes forget just how much they're paying our All World QB, or not.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 2997
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:52 pm


  • blazen2392 wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:Based on your first paragraph wouldn't a first rate D Line be most important?



    What I mean is that we have to contend with Bosa and Donald in our division. We need lineman that can compete with them.

    What's the point of having a first-rate D lineman when we are putting our QB at risk? Wilson by himself is worth at least 8 games and a fighting chance for an SB. Thats why getting him protection imo should be the number one priority.

    Hard to argue with your reasoning blaze, There's a damned good reason you'd want to bolster your Team MVP.
    By the same token though, I don't think Pete & John have abandoned RW ( like many in here have claimed), picking up DJ Metcalf last year to go with Lockett & trying to shore up the RB stable, I don't think they were anticipating so damned many Offensive player injuries, I think they got caught with their Jock-straps down.
    That many injuries DO MATTER, and even with all the odds stacked against them, coming out with a 12 & 6 season = REMARKABLE.
    Hard to imagine how well Wilson could do with a mostly healthy Offense Line, RB's & TE's eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7232
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • Largent80 wrote:This line got blown up inside all season. Hunt, while short was stout and got absolutely TRUCKED repeatedly. Britt had a bad injury. Hunt is FA. I say draft one of the many very good C available this draft, also draft a good G. We have crap at G right now. Iupati is done. Pocic is injured more than healthy. Fluker is signed for one more year.

    C and G are huge needs and both are in good supply this draft and we are loaded with pics.

    I think if they pick up a decent RT & C, Fluker would have a lot better showing, You're only as good as the guys that are playing on either side of you....too many plays...Fluker had his butt hanging out in the wind, TRYING to help those other two.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7232
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • brimsalabim wrote:I get what you are saying and agree with you unfortunately Pete & JS just won't go for it. This has been a problem the entire time they have run the team. Heck if I recall correctly Russell had to take a pay cut in order to get Duane Brown.

    It’s not that they don’t want a good OL. They just are piss poor at assessing young talent. That’s PISS POOR! They are living off 2012 and 2013 drafts for 6 years now. It time we wake up.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 958
    Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Covington WA


  • kf3339 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:This line got blown up inside all season. Hunt, while short was stout and got absolutely TRUCKED repeatedly. Britt had a bad injury. Hunt is FA. I say draft one of the many very good C available this draft, also draft a good G. We have crap at G right now. Iupati is done. Pocic is injured more than healthy. Fluker is signed for one more year.

    C and G are huge needs and both are in good supply this draft and we are loaded with pics.


    yep, I agree with your inside OL needs as well. There are actually some really good OG and C in the late first, early 2nd that we could target. Of course, who knows what JS and PC have in mind, but would be very happy if they went this route.

    I wonder if they sometimes forget just how much they're paying our All World QB, or not.


    Rarely do we get a draft where our draft picks align with what we need and what will be there. This isn't a draft to be "cute" or sexy. Pick some proven (in college) guards and a center. There are a bunch available. This draft will determine our window for several years. It may be the most important of the PC. JS, RW era.

    Yeah we need DL, but the OL is also in transition
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35789
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • Both sides of a the line need to be top priority. Swiss cheese blocking and a zero pass rush for a good portion of the season. That must be fixed.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14800
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Pick your poison.
    Our O Line sucked due to injury, but also due to the high level of D Line our opposition has assembled (Rams and Niners for example). Our D Line was simply not up to level needed, which led to added pressure on our secondary, points scored against, both of which increased pressure on our offense. We gave up inordinate yardage on a consistent basis.
    So we have a conundrum of priorities.
    Football is football. You win at the line of scrimmage or you don't win. We have to fix our lines both sides of the ball. Or accept life as an also ran.
    This draft has more talent available on O Line. That's where I would start. Spend cap money on D Line and CB.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 504
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.



  • Totally agree .... O Line is top priority
    Keyhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 358
    Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:01 pm


  • truehawksfan wrote:I agree the OLine is a problem, but to say the team has thrown resources to upgrade this unit is incorrect.

    It’s quite simple, because fans forget some minor details, like Tom Cable.

    He coached the team from 2011-18 and he had a lot of say on who we should draft since he was looking for athletic type lineman to play his zone system. The team drafted a whopping 16 Olineman during his time, the most of any team during this time period. And, the next team was not even close.

    2011: James Carpenter, John Moffett
    2012: JR Sweezy
    2013: Ryan Seymour, Jared Smith, Michael Bowie
    2014: Justin Britt, Garrett Scott
    2015: Terry Poole, Mark Glowinski, Kristjan Sokoli
    2016: Ifedi, Rees Odhiambo, Joey Hunt
    2017: Pocic, Justin Senior

    We had salary cap limitations the past two years limiting its ability to go after free agents.

    Mike Solari has done a lot with less. He stabilized the Oline.
    -D Brown regressed w/Cable. Solari installed a completely different system and Brown excelled.
    -Ifedi was terrible, but he played better.
    -Sweezy, Fluker, Iupati. Aging and oft injured. they succeeded here.
    -Jordan Simmons. Oft injured at USC. Waived by the Raiders. No offseason w/the Hawks, but he filled in nicely for Fluker last year.
    -Jamarco James. Never played OG in HS or college but did a good job filling in for a Fluker and Iupati.
    -Phil Haynes. Looked good against GB with little time to prepare.

    I suspect the team to sign a player Solari,s worked with/knows his system. I also believe we’ll draft several Olineman. He has spent 2 years w/the Hawks, but he’s managed to do a lot more with less when you compare with Cable.



    This is absolutely correct but why do you think it was Tom Cable I like how people think. Do you think PC and JS don't have any input Hunt was an absolute joke this year. Do you think they draft lineman thinking well he might do he might make the 53 man roster no they draft who they think is quality lineman and they're not IMO they need to hire someone that knows how to grade lineman because it's apparent this is there achilles heal. They've been selling this crapy line for years not able to confess to themselves maybe we need some help.
    onepicknick1
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:21 pm


  • onepicknick1 wrote:Do you think PC and JS don't have any input Hunt was an absolute joke this year.


    It's a little difficult to play well when you are playing on a broken leg for ninety percent of your snaps.

    As far as the discussion, we had the twenty-sixth ranked defense and the eighth ranked offense, but offense needs to be our top priority? A little bit of a stretch there.
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:07 pm


  • BASF wrote:
    onepicknick1 wrote:Do you think PC and JS don't have any input Hunt was an absolute joke this year.


    It's a little difficult to play well when you are playing on a broken leg for ninety percent of your snaps.

    As far as the discussion, we had the twenty-sixth ranked defense and the eighth ranked offense, but offense needs to be our top priority? A little bit of a stretch there.

    Yep. Defense IMHO should be a priority. Not sure I’d draft an o-lineman unless it’s a
    Can’t miss prospect. Hawks have sucked at developing O-linemen. Go the FA or trade route.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 27184
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • both lines
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1679
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • xray wrote:An above average offense coupled with a below average defense = an average team overall . Average teams seldom make SB appearances . The Hawks need upgrades on both lines .

    What you are suggesting is Balance?...…….Who ever heard of such a thing? :smilingalien:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7232
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • blazen2392 wrote:Did anyone catch the Greenbay 49ers game? GB supposedly top tier online was absolutely demolished the 49ers Dline.

    Weve been gambling on Wilson's health for years. Yes, our Defense is bad but I think we've been playing on borrowed time. We need a pro-bowl caliber line. Duane Brown is the only player on this line that earns the right to come back. Britt has not shown the ability to stay on the field consistently and even so he is average at best. I can't believe ppl here are actually advocating Ifedi come back. At best he is mediocre, maybe might even be average.

    We need to build a top ten O-line in FA and the draft. What's the point of having a defense when we lose our QB?
    Bosa is here to stay for years. Even Donald has single-handedly wrecked our line for years and we have never addressed it.

    I've been saying that for the last 2-3 seasons. Our D is pretty good but we cannot afford to allow Russ to needlessly be on the run each game. We definitely need to build a good O line around him and let him do what he does best. Yet instead during every off season they go out and get WR's, RB's, TE's, and so on, almost never anyone to shore up our anemic O line.
    mcbobly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 524
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:11 pm
    Location: Vancouver WA


  • scutterhawk wrote:
    xray wrote:An above average offense coupled with a below average defense = an average team overall . Average teams seldom make SB appearances . The Hawks need upgrades on both lines .

    What you are suggesting is Balance?...…….Who ever heard of such a thing? :smilingalien:

    for example on a scale of 10...offense being a 7 and the defense being a 3...7+3 = 10 divided by 2 = 5...average team .
    :D
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1679
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • OL doesn't seem like anything PC and Snyder can fix. They have been trying for 6 years now. So let's focus on fixing the D. Sign Armstead from SF and re sign Clowney. That will cost $$, but will go a long ways in fixing our D. Draft the top LB or DB left in the 1st round, and in the 2nd start to look for an OL pick.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3513
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm


  • blazen2392 wrote:Weve been gambling on Wilson's health for years. Yes, our Defense is bad but...

    We need to build a top ten O-line in FA and the draft. What's the point of having a defense when we lose our QB?


    Stopping the other QB.

    This kind of thinking is weird. You need to build a complete team. QB and a good defense.

    The underlying assumption that we can't do both, is probably what needs to be addressed here.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17316
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


  • for the first time since a long time , our OL was better than DL. Yes we may not have the best OL , but give them a break. too many injuries. (Brown , Fluker , Britt..) I think they will do just fine. And dont forget we lost our 2 starting RBs. On the other hand DLine was ONLY Clowney (not every game , but most of the games). Fix DLine , fix coaching staff , fix CB#2 position and we ll be fine.

    *Yes i do think we need new assistant coaches (offense and defense). I don't know who , but there very few games Scott balled out with his play calling , and D was below average.. so
    Gio
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 155
    Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:17 am


  • Gio wrote:for the first time since a long time , our OL was better than DL. Yes we may not have the best OL , but give them a break. too many injuries. (Brown , Fluker , Britt..) I think they will do just fine. And dont forget we lost our 2 starting RBs. On the other hand DLine was ONLY Clowney (not every game , but most of the games). Fix DLine , fix coaching staff , fix CB#2 position and we ll be fine.

    *Yes i do think we need new assistant coaches (offense and defense). I don't know who , but there very few games Scott balled out with his play calling , and D was below average.. so



    Ahh they were 25th in pass blocking, guess what they ha never been higher than 20th. So no they will not do just fine. Even at their best this season they never got higher than 21st. So no they will not do if we cant protect our QB at even an avg level we are screwed. We need to get o lineman that can pass block as well. Would be nice if Wilson was not amongst the most hit, hurried, forced to run, and sacked qb in the league.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2599
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • I think we have answers at guard sand center already on the roster. The problem is the tackle position. It’s so hard to efficiently replace those guys when you don’t have top 15 picks. Most of us agree that Germain Efedi isn’t worth top dollar, and we all want to keep Fant, but that will likely cost us some coin as well. So does where that leave us?
    I don’t see any teams ready to pull a boner move like the Texans and trade a quality left tackle. Also, which free agents that will be on the market are better than Efedi and what will they cost? I predict the team will resign Efedi to the tune of 12-14 mil and we’ll all be bummed out by it.
    Rob_Grimm
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 3
    Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:30 pm


  • BOTH the OL & DL need help & some holes there may also (HOPEFULLY) be filled by FA veterans.
    Seahawks Trade #27 to Green Bay for their #33 & #97.

    #33----WR/KR-Brandon Aiyuk --ALT-- WR/KR-Jalen Reagor
    #59----DT(5-tech)-James Lynch --ALT-- DL-Raekwon Davis
    #63----OT-Isiah Wilson --ALT-- EDGE-Julian Okwara
    #97----OC-Lloyd Cushenberry --ALT-- OG-Logan Stenberg
    #101---SS-Kyle Dugger --ALT-- CB-Lamar Jackson
    #135---TE-Harrison Bryant --ALT-- TE-Adam Trautman
    #143---EDGE-Alex Highsmith --ALT-- WR/RB/QB/KR-Lynn Bowden Jr.
    :smilingalien:
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 am
    Location: Camano Island, WA




It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online
cron