KJ Wright ,Cody Barton and LB .

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
KJ Wright if they cut him there will be a huge hole at LB . Both me and Rob Staton think he's soft and very very average a backup at best. . We both might be proven wrong but that block that Rogers had on Barton was just unacceptable Barton should have ran right through him but instead he was unable to beat a block put on him by Rogers a QB . That's just one of many times he was washed out on a block by pretty much anyone that decided to get in his way.

So where does that leave us, FA and the draft if they decide to cut KJ to save around 10mil drafting a LB has to be a priority. They cannot go into next year with Barton and BBK as there replacement options.

Jville

Reaction score
Both KJ Wright and Cody Barton are under contract for 2020.

Jville

Reaction score
Good question,

I haven't really considered the possibility that they would consider cutting KJ Wright as all that likely. He was second only to Bobby Wagner in defensive snaps and 5th overall in team snaps for 2019.

The possibility of resigning Mychal Kendricks is also a possibility.

The primary challenge is how to get Barton and BBK the snaps they need to develop. Pete Carroll has talked about a desire to rotate other linebackers in to keep KJ and Bobby fresher. But, that is a goal unrealized. Which, I suppose, raises more questions.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Linebackers are one of the positions that are most likely to improve over the first off-season. Hawthorne went from 12 tackles in his rookie season to 117 tackles in his sophomore season. Simmons had 41, then 92, then 147. Kacyvenski and Chad Brown each took a few seasons to figure things out.

Barton has never had an off-season before with access to NFL level dietitians, weight trainers, and the time to internalize all of the keys asked of LBs in the Seahawks system. A small minority of players make the jump to the NFL look easy but for most it is a process that can take multiple years.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm unimpressed with Barton. Barton doesn't have the speed to play OLB. He may be a good backup to Wagner. I'm not sold on BBK being anything other than a ST player. Which is ok too. Can't have enough good ST players. The upside is both Barton and BBK are still young so they may develop into something better.

Largent80

Reaction score
Why was my post deleted, are you guys on some sort of vendetta?......I addressed the cost of keeping/cutting KJ, did I violate a rule by offering an opinion?...what has become of this place?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Largent80":1z6e7ryu said:
Why was my post deleted, are you guys on some sort of vendetta?......I addressed the cost of keeping/cutting KJ, did I violate a rule by offering an opinion?...what has become of this place?

There were a bunch of posts removed.
Unless I missed something, it seemed to be an on-topic and civil discussion.

?

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1r74pq50 said:
I'm unimpressed with Barton. Barton doesn't have the speed to play OLB. He may be a good backup to Wagner. I'm not sold on BBK being anything other than a ST player. Which is ok too. Can't have enough good ST players. The upside is both Barton and BBK are still young so they may develop into something better.

If there is one thing he does have is the speed.

King Dog

Reaction score
The Barton and BBK picks feel very similar to the Tedric and Lano picks :34853_doh: