Russ was off today

Scottemojo

Reaction score
His timing was off. he should have thrown a pick six. His quick passing game was inaccurate. He was off throwing deep.

I think he was rushing things, missing the whole left side and a center is no joke.

pehawk

Reaction score
He was off in Carolina too. 8 straight quarters of bad play, IMO.

2-0 though...the black Eli.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maybe he is sick of having to get used to a new mans ass every week. We can't even get our Oline together for consecutive practices much less games. The office needs to fix this first priority this off season. If they don't I expect Russell and Lynch to both be gone by 2016.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
He's played pretty bad, no doubt about it. I still think there are bigger issues on our O line and our WR's though, just my two cents.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ncge61n said:
His timing was off. he should have thrown a pick six. His quick passing game was inaccurate. He was off throwing deep.

I think he was rushing things, missing the whole left side and a center is no joke.

Worst game he's played in his career. It was even worse than the Cards game last year and that one was terrible. His offseason personal issues seem to affecting his play this year. Doesn't seem like he is focused for whatever reason. He seems like an average QB lately. Without Lynch's running and the defense early on this game would have been a loss.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2yapk65m said:
Maybe he is sick of having to get used to a new mans ass every week. We can't even get our Oline together for consecutive practices much less games. The office needs to fix this first priority this off season. If they don't I expect Russell and Lynch to both be gone by 2016.

He is missing easy passes that don't have pressure too.

Either he is hurt, or pressing. I think he is pressing.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":xilf1wpf said:
He was off in Carolina too. 8 straight quarters of bad play, IMO.

2-0 though...the black Eli.

One could argue outside of the 2nd half against St. Louis he's been terrible for 3 of the last 4 games. He's slumping right now.. whether thats related to all the injuries on the OL, or his WR's.. or him.. that's up for you guys to debate.. but he was not good against Dallas, was not good against Carolina save for the last drive and terrible today.

Hope he shakes this off sooner than later.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He is off no doubt, but the O-line is beyond horrible at pass protection.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
iigakusei":1xvudr7q said:
He looks completely exhausted.

THIS. My wife (a casual observer) made a comment about that. He seems to be lacking a spark and just looks worn-out right now. We have GOT to fix our offensive line. At this point I would be happy with a winning record after winning the SB. Almost.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2cpyy33h said:
iigakusei":2cpyy33h said:

THIS. My wife (a casual observer) made a comment about that. He seems to be lacking a spark and just looks worn-out right now. We have GOT to fix our offensive line. At this point I would be happy with a winning record after winning the SB. Almost.
Perhaps he should make time to sleep?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He is not the greatest qb ever ,he will struggle at times..He can adjust and learn from these kind of games ..I think he will be fine ..

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
His offensive line is backups, his WRs aren't getting open or catching the ball, and his playcaller is inconsistent. It's not just one thing.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2c8k46y8 said:
PlinytheCenter":2c8k46y8 said:
iigakusei":2c8k46y8 said:

Perhaps he should make time to sleep?

Man needs to get laid probably as well. And while he could be pulling tail, I'm not so sure he is with his faith and all.

daveca5150

Reaction score
I think spending 3 years running for his life may be having an impact on his development. I remember thinking the same thing last year during the stretch where the O-line was banged up. The run really has to be working to get the pass rush slowed down, like on the first drive today.

pehawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":z6so0cbv said:
Man needs to get laid probably as well. And while he could be pulling tail, I'm not so sure he is with his faith and all.

*pehawk tugs a skirt up his thighs and puts on lipstick

Alright, I'll go sleep with him. Promise guys, I'll have him "relaxed", for sure. Aside from "Turkey Baster" my other nickname is "Sugarwalls".

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I really hope this isn't David Carr syndrome. My dumb guy opinion is he just isn't trusting his protection and that's messing up everything else.

But I'm not using the line as an excuse. On his 19 yard run up the gut he had a WIDE open receiver streaking across the field with a ton of room to run. So many times he just flat didn't see guys. Forcing throws when there were better options is also concerning. There's also the issues with his footwork.

Dude needs to calm down. This funk is feeling oddly reminiscent of the late season funk he was in last year.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
scott,

if you were the gm would you pay russell wilson the 20+ million this offseason or would you let him play out his contract see if he is capable of carrying the team with more weapons and if need be franchise him before deciding?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It's like he doesn't trust his teammates. He doesn't trust his offensive line to block, often breaking from the pocket at the slightest hint of pressure, even if he doesn't have to. He doesn't trust his receivers to make a tough catch so he doesn't throw into tight coverage unless there is literally no other option.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think Russ has been off because he's rushing.

Of course, he's rushing because he's become a player with happy feet and shell shocked.

Any qb will need more than .5 sec to set up and release. Russ is not getting it.

I'm pretty sure we are ruining this kid, much in the same manner that Rick Mirer was ruined.