Not making playoffs

seahawksny

Reaction score
Unless something significantly improves, I cannot see us winning in kc, Philly or both times against the cardinals.
Home field against good teams won't matter rest of the way. It mattered today cause had this game been in Oakland we'd be looking at 4-4

I'd be impressed with a 10-6 record, but that might not be good enough to go to post season.
frankly I can't see past 9-7;right now, even with a lot of players coming back.

Cartire

Reaction score
Quick Question.

Have you actually watched an Oakland game this year? Have you seen how close the games were?

I will just assume no. You took the record and that it was Oakland, and you went off that, and that alone. Prove me otherwise

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":aob4l8kv said:
We're going to go 11-5 and get probably a wildcard. Where we go from there depends on how healthy we are going into the postseason.

Stop being so down on this team. we're fighting our way through this bad patch is all.

Healthy we destroy this team. We were missing six starters.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Each week is different...you just can't tell week to week. Look at Miami/SD today, SF/Stl, New England crushing Denver.
The Hawks definitely need to improve but have the talent to do it.

sturg78

Reaction score
How did you expect us to look with all those injuries? Did you really think we could plug in a center LG and lt and not have pressure or issues running the ball? Did you think we could plug in a 2nd string lb cb and Nickle cb in and not have teams find success against us?

We should be applauding this teams ability to scrape out wins in the face of adversity. We have a few more weeks. Before we have a marquee game to get unger maxwell Wagner okung Miller Kam malcom Smith and Jeremy lane back. That is, we have a few weeks to get the team that spanked the Packers and beat the broncos. Get some perspective, enjoy the win.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm not sure we want to. We don't appear capable of winning a playoff game anyway and we could use the higher draft pick on a better LT.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
sturg78":610y8m67 said:
How did you expect us to look with all those injuries? Did you really think we could plug in a center LG and lt and not have pressure or issues running the ball? Did you think we could plug in a 2nd string lb cb and Nickle cb in and not have teams find success against us?

We should be applauding this teams ability to scrape out wins in the face of adversity. We have a few more weeks. Before we have a marquee game to get unger maxwell Wagner okung Miller Kam malcom Smith and Jeremy lane back. That is, we have a few weeks to get the team that spanked the Packers and beat the broncos. Get some perspective, enjoy the win.

I really find it hard some people on here are Seahawk fans, a win is a win, last year we one a few like this and there was no meltdown, just enjoy the win. Also enjoy the 9ers blowing it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Eagles just lost their QB for quite some time. They also lost their best linebacker.

The Cowboys are without Romo for the time being.

I guess my point is.. the landscape of the league changes week to week. If you think we're in bad shape at 5-3, I don't know what to tell you.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2erzwk3l said:
peachesenregalia":2erzwk3l said:
We're going to go 11-5 and get probably a wildcard. Where we go from there depends on how healthy we are going into the postseason.

Stop being so down on this team. we're fighting our way through this bad patch is all.

Er....they were destroying the Raiders in the first half without those 6 starters. Then they went into a whole preventive mode and let the Raiders back in the game. This game was blowout in the first half and should have ended in a blowout. They didn't finish this game well at all. That needs to be corrected.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawkfan68":x10gvs6x said:
TorontoHawk":x10gvs6x said:
peachesenregalia":x10gvs6x said:

Er....they were destroying the Raiders in the first half without those 6 starters. Then they went into a whole preventive mode and let the Raiders back in the game. This game was blowout in the first half and should have ended in a blowout. They didn't finish this game well at all. That needs to be corrected.

It really should have been a bigger lead at the half than 21 too.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
seahawksny":ha31b0zy said:
Unless something significantly improves, I cannot see us winning in kc, Philly or both times against the cardinals.
Home field against good teams won't matter rest of the way. It mattered today cause had this game been in Oakland we'd be looking at 4-4

I'd be impressed with a 10-6 record, but that might not be good enough to go to post season.
frankly I can't see past 9-7;right now, even with a lot of players coming back.

I don't have a huge problem with a lot of your post, since I'm disappointed with the product I saw today as well...

But do NOT, under any circumstances, speak respectfully of the Arizona Cardinals. They are not that good. Yes I'm aware that they fraudulently hold the best record in the league. No I don't think that magically makes them a team that anyone should have trouble seeing us beat at home. That's crazy.

daveca5150

Reaction score
"Unless something significantly improves, I cannot see us winning in kc, Philly or both times against the cardinals.

frankly I can't see past 9-7;right now, even with a lot of players coming back."

Our offense is struggling, no doubt. It's mostly line issues, dropped passes and Wilson trying too hard with no protection. I have faith that all of this will improve when we get some starters back. Our defense is showing flashes of their former selves.

You can't say "they would have won at home" after a game like this. Too many variables. We were in prevent D on that last drive to bleed the clock. Unlikely they would have been able to do the same if it was for the game. Remember the Panthers game last drive? You never know.

Keep watching...

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Like, "both games against the Cardinals" makes the list and the game at SF doesn't? Unless that was a simple oversight, you're out of your damn mind. And yes I'm well aware of that pathetic loss that SF took today as well. At SF on Thanksgiving night is still worlds more difficult than home against Arizona. The betting line for our home game against the Cards will be at least 5-6 points further in our favor than the Thanksgiving night game will.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":35aw5p19 said:
hawkfan68":35aw5p19 said:
TorontoHawk":35aw5p19 said:
peachesenregalia":35aw5p19 said:

It really should have been a bigger lead at the half than 21 too.

Yes the three turnovers should have gotten us more points, but we won and it a few weeks that is all we care about.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Well if this team isn't going to the game playoffs, neither is *allas or Santa Clara!
It was an ugly win against a pretty bad team, we still have a tard for OC who insists on a playing down to the level of the competition and half the team is hurt. Injuries seem to be happening across the league this year, so it's going to be "last man standing" type of year for the NFL. Ugly and frustrating wins still count as wins!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We might well have lost the playoffs on account of the injuries. Arizona has just pulled out to a big lead.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":nbv9b5h6 said:
We might well have lost the playoffs on account of the injuries. Arizona has just pulled out to a big lead.

Their lead is certainly a concern even though they're huge frauds, because their schedule is a bit softer than ours during the second half...we probably have to sweep them to win the division. Hell, we might end up having to root for SF in week 17 against them, gross as that would be.