Official "Why Am I Posting Fresh After A Game?" Thread

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh.

I saw what you saw.

Good defense, Russell Wilson who struggled in part due to an offensive line that is currently comprised of two high schoolers and 3 junior varsity players. Still, Wilson was just "off" today. All the talk of him having "it", well, "it" was nowhere to be found today. Blame the lack of protection, blame the rain, blame the political climate, it doesn't matter. He was not himself and I am sure he will be the first to admit it.

We all assumed a pasting of 24+ points today. Well, it was there to be had but give the Raiders credit. Their defense came to absolutely bring it and they did. Like the announcers said and to what we've heard all year..."Each team the defending Super Bowl champs face this year are going to get their best game." It's not just true but crystal clear.

The Raiders??? In OUR house??? 6 point victory???

Well, we of course take the win. 5-3 is a good thing, especially when the RAMS beat the 49ers in their house on a last second fumble by Kap!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Suddenly that 6 point win to the Raiders feels a lot better.

Now riddle me this Netters...I would truly like to know the answer to this:

How many times have the Seahawks been flagged for a holding penalty every time Lynch carries the ball past 5 yards?

I would think the number would be alarming.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Aros":l619l6nk said:
Ugh.

I saw what you saw.

Good defense, Russell Wilson who struggled in part due to an offensive line that is currently comprised of two high schoolers and 3 junior varsity players. Still, Wilson was just "off" today. All the talk of him having "it", well, "it" was nowhere to be found today. Blame the lack of protection, blame the rain, blame the political climate, it doesn't matter. He was not himself and I am sure he will be the first to admit it.

We all assumed a pasting of 24+ points today. Well, it was there to be had but give the Raiders credit. Their defense came to absolutely bring it and they did. Like the announcers said and to what we've heard all year..."Each team the defending Super Bowl champs face this year are going to get their best game." It's not just true but crystal clear.

The Raiders??? In OUR house??? 6 point victory???

Well, we of course take the win. 5-3 is a good thing, especially when the RAMS beat the 49ers in their house on a last second fumble by Kap!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Suddenly that 6 point win to the Raiders feels a lot better.

How many times have the Seahawks been flagged for a holding penalty every time Lynch carries the ball past 5 yards?

The number of holds when Lynch goes on a run is making my tin foil hat itch.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Turbin has cursed us with "long play penalty"

Robert and Christine looked good tonight, I hope we keep Lynch next year. Maybe guarantee a portion of his 2015 contract to keep him happy.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Aros":9flhav8h said:

Lynch lost 78 yards on four penalties. Still ended up with 143 total yards. And that was just this game!

morgulon1

Reaction score
OK I'll chime in. Too many penalties by practice squad players. I was going to start my own thread and give it a semi crafty name but I'll hop in here and say the biggest thing (among a lot of big things).

We need to fade Willson. That's the tight end variety with TWO L's in his name. I know he had the td last week but I think he catches one out of every 4-5 passes. Our other backup TE let a crucial onside kick go through his hands, lucky
a "sure handed" back up line backer reeled it in. We need Mr Zach Miller . Please!!!!!!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Aros":30uqv6w5 said:
We all assumed a pasting of 24+ points today.

I disagree.

I thought a two TD difference was a bit absurd to assume (which I think is where the betting line was at).

It seems like tons of these games (just not the Seahawks) where it's a home game and a bad team rolls in have sky high expectations but don't go that way. It's not a "trap game" it's just the reality of how games generally go.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Injuries are really starting to show. Like a lot of folks have said, there's a lot going on that guys that were just on the PS were giving up. Now, those guys can learn and step up, or they can never realize their potential. I'm happy with the win, but not the way we won. I'm also going to only post the positives right now, which is unheard of for me. (most of the negatives have already been mentioned).

Young guys. Richardson and Norwood are getting experience and chemistry with Wilson. I like what I'm seeing from both of them right now.

Turbin and Michael are looking good. Turbin is stepping up his game. He was always solid, but unspectacular, but the difference was never really that much, say 1-2 steps on most plays. He's breaking tackles and getting upfield quickly, and it's looking good.

We're winning games with 3rd and 4th string guys. It really helps the depth get experience, and anytime you can do that and win, you're in good shape.

Bruce Irvin. Keep in mind, he's still trying to improve and polish his game. I saw several good plays from the LBer spot today, the INT and a run stop for a loss to mention two. He's athletic as hell and finishes well; he doesn't seem to miss many tackles. That INT was a tantalizing glimpse into the potential we have there. He's a guy that has gotten better rushing the passer as well, that kind of versatility is going to make it unpredictable as to where he'll line up and what he'll do.

The 49ers lost today, and lost bad. That's good for us; we see the negativity on this board (and a lot of it is warranted) but the train is starting to come off the tracks in SF as well. More pressure on that team is more pressure on Kaepernick, and he's not great under pressure. It's also more pressure on the uneven dynamic of Harbaugh and his locker room chemistry with his guys and with the FO. It's obviously already strained, and losing makes it worse.

We have the Giants next week. We've owned them for a while at our house. 6-3 isn't all that horrible, and keeps pace in the NFC right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":2mqw69hh said:
I expected a stinkfest and recieved one
Pretty much the same here. I got tix at the last minute had great seats, it was fun seeing a lot of raider fans that were talking smack all game, leave in silence with their heads down as "Owen" (0 and 8 now) struck again! 8)

drdiags

Reaction score
Wouldn't say the Seahawks owned the Giants in our house. They smoked the Seahawks the first Carroll year here 41-7. The last two times the Seahawks played the Giants were in NY, and yes the Browner return for the game clincher and last year's shutout were good wins. They are capable of playing a solid game here.

Anyway, it will be good to start getting some of the depth back from the injury list. It has played havoc on the STs the fact that our depth has been forced to start. ST is having a tough year. Not sure what the one gunner was thinking as he ran by the guy fielding the punt that returned it for 35+ yds for their final TD drive. He jogged right by the guy. He had a few seconds where he could have positioned himself in front of the returner but didn't and that ended up making the game even tighter. A lot of mental errors going on.

The team needs to grow up fast, the stakes are getting raised by the Cards and the Seahawks just cannot get settled this season. I don't mind winning ugly but I wish the offense and defense were more in character. Don't need to repeat but go out playing your game.

On to NY.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":3sybdfun said:
Wouldn't say the Seahawks owned the Giants in our house. They smoked the Seahawks the first Carroll year here 41-7. The last two times the Seahawks played the Giants were in NY, and yes the Browner return for the game clincher and last year's shutout were good wins. They are capable of playing a solid game here.

Anyway, it will be good to start getting some of the depth back from the injury list. It has played havoc on the STs the fact that our depth has been forced to start. ST is having a tough year. Not sure what the one gunner was thinking as he ran by the guy fielding the punt that returned it for 35+ yds for their final TD drive. He jogged right by the guy. He had a few seconds where he could have positioned himself in front of the returner but didn't and that ended up making the game even tighter. A lot of mental errors going on.

The team needs to grow up fast, the stakes are getting raised by the Cards and the Seahawks just cannot get settled this season. I don't mind winning ugly but I wish the offense and defense were more in character. Don't need to repeat but go out playing your game.

On to NY.
The one edge we may have is that they play tomorrow night and then have to travel 3000 miles to Seattle on a very short week as a result.

Rog has fired the schedule maker for this little faux pas by the way. :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love my daughter's take...

Me: "I can't believe the Raiders had 24 points in our house."

Daughter: "Just be happy with the win Daddy, sheesh."

Well said. From the mouth of babes.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
We put up 23 points from offense today, with it sputtering in more fits than starts. Another 7pts directly from Irvin. I'll take 30pts just about any game.

If our offense(ive line) improves? We'll be the behemoth we hoped for this past offseason, even without Percy.

I'm OK with this win against the Raiders decent D, with our backups. Sure, I'll take it.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Aros":3es40ddq said:
I love my daughter's take...

Me: "I can't believe the Raiders had 24 points in our house."

Daughter: "Just be happy with the win Daddy, sheesh."

Well said. From the mouth of babes.

Your daughter is a miniature Buddha.

kidhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":33aomlpw said:
Aros":33aomlpw said:
We all assumed a pasting of 24+ points today.

I disagree.

I thought a two TD difference was a bit absurd to assume (which I think is where the betting line was at).

It seems like tons of these games (just not the Seahawks) where it's a home game and a bad team rolls in have sky high expectations but don't go that way. It's not a "trap game" it's just the reality of how games generally go.

The betting line is based on where the money is being bet. If you look at online picks, the Raiders were getting 1% of the fan vote to win this game. Vegas making this a 2 TD game means that is what it was taking to get people to place some action on the Raiders and even out the betting somewhat.

Personally with how banged up we are, I'd not lay any money on us giving up more than a field goal against anyone. It's just to risky. Too many rookie mistakes are being made out there (and not always by the rookies).

With all that, we are 5-3 and 2 games being the NFC Leading Cardinals. We still have 2 games against those same Cardinals. We have a good matchup game against the Giants next week and hopefully we can start getting more of our starters healthy and back out on the field for the stretch run

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":39osma08 said:
How many times have the Seahawks been flagged for a holding penalty every time Lynch carries the ball past 5 yards?.

879 times

Most deserved. This is a bad offensive line right now, I mean all time bad. I mean like biblical proportion bad.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2mzx4yvn said:
Personally with how banged up we are, I'd not lay any money on us giving up more than a field goal against anyone. It's just to risky. Too many rookie mistakes are being made out there (and not always by the rookies).

With all that, we are 5-3 and 2 games being the NFC Leading Cardinals. We still have 2 games against those same Cardinals. We have a good matchup game against the Giants next week and hopefully we can start getting more of our starters healthy and back out on the field for the stretch run

Great points.

People are getting too wrapped up in their expectations. Now, that's not to say that it's wrong to voice valid concerns about specific issues (offensive efficiency is certainly a very valid concern). It's perfectly reasonable to point out issues regardless of whether the team won or lost.

But people seem to forget that this league is invested in the idea of parity, and they have a ton of systems in place to encourage it. The result is that the difference between a championship team and a bottom-feeder isn't nearly as large as some folks like to believe. This is a game of inches that can turn on a few plays here and there, and the talent gap between the teams really isn't that large. This is why health and continuity are so important for teams, and why the teams that contend in any given year are usually the ones who have managed to stay healthy (or are the teams like last year's Hawks who had impressive depth).

I think people need to forget the SB score. They need to forget the run at the end of 2012. Games where we blow another team out are anomalous due to the type of game Carroll wants to see. I think our game against the Giants last year is Carroll's absolute ideal game. Control the clock, protect the ball, establish the run, force turnovers, etc. And yes, while we did win that game by 23, I think Carroll would have been just fine with it had it been 23-14 at the end instead of 23-0.

Since I rambled a bit there through that post, I'll provide a quick summary:

1. People need to let go of expectations (but still feel free to identify issues/concerns).
2. Health is important, because parity ensures that any team can beat any team on any day, given the right circumstances.
3. Blowouts are an anomaly due to the type of game Carroll likes.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The team is fine and will be better when certain pieces return, namely Zach Miller, Max Unger, Kam Chancellor, and Bobby Wagner. I think the pass rush is starting to find a groove, which was one of the bigger questions I had. There are certainly problems with the passing game, but we overcame a lot of those same issues last year. Russell will have some games where he's magic and contributes in big ways to Ws. There will be other games where the defense, RBs, and special teams will likely need to compensate for iffy QB play.

The team is consciously built this way: to be able to win without the need of any one particular star. We just saw what Denver looks like when Peyton is essentially eliminated by cold weather. We have yet to see this team be crippled like that. With the way PC/JS have built this team, we always have a chance. We may not be the runaway favorites, but we got just as good a shot as anyone else.