Meh, I dont care. It's a win...

pehawk

Reaction score
This team's SCRAMBLING to play warm bodies right now. In fact, there was speculation by Adam and Mort the Hawks would be the first team this year to not dress 46 players. The injuries are in key areas too, man. Center (*2), LT, LB (*2), CB (*3) and SS (*2). All those directly effect 3rd down coverage and special teams, IMMENSELY. Most of special teams is LB's and DB's preferably anyways.

It's going to take another 1-3 weeks for this offense to get its rhythm back. The Percy experiment stunted the growth, BAD. In this new CBA you don't get to practice, except in training camp. And, what was the offense then? It had Percy and was a vastly different offense than we had ever seen under Pete. They're just now recovering from that major detour. They're driving from Seattle to Boise by driving through California first, metaphorically.

Cool thing about today, is Lynch LOVES and trusts his new FB. I liked what I saw from him too.

So, why whine about it right now? Yes, Bevell's still a dweeb and a head-scratcher. But, aside from that, they're still projecting to peak at the right time.

XOXO

JP Darche

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":31jnif1g said:
This team's SCRAMBLING to play warm bodies right now. In fact, there was speculation by Adam and Mort the Hawks would be the first team this year to not dress 46 players. The injuries are in key areas too, man. Center (*2), LT, LB (*2), CB (*3) and SS (*2). All those directly effect 3rd down coverage and special teams, IMMENSELY. Most of special teams is LB's and DB's preferably anyways.

It's going to take another 1-3 weeks for this offense to get its rhythm back. The Percy experiment stunted the growth, BAD. In this new CBA you don't get to practice, except in training camp. And, what was the offense then? It had Percy and was a vastly different offense than we had ever seen under Pete. They're just now recovering from that major detour. They're driving from Seattle to Boise by driving through California first, metaphorically.

Cool thing about today, is Lynch LOVES and trusts his new FB. I liked what I saw from him too.

So, why whine about it right now? Yes, Bevell's still a dweeb and a head-scratcher. But, aside from that, they're still projecting to peak at the right time.

XOXO

JP Darche

Totally correct, a win is a win no matter how it is done, look at the Texans game last year and also the TB game.

sturg78

Reaction score
And the rams games. And the Carolina game. And Colts game. And Arizona game. Or 2/3rds of the 9ers games. Did some people think we dominated everyone last year or something?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love the win. I didn't learn one thing about the Hawks 2014 prospects today, today was about survival. I was concerned all week about this game, and when they were kicking the onsides, I said "I knew it! Goda....good job, Kearse."

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":227gko47 said:
I love the win. I didn't learn one thing about the Hawks 2014 prospects today, today was about survival. I was concerned all week about this game, and when they were kicking the onsides, I said "I knew it! Goda....good job, Kearse."

Same goes for when we lose games, I do not feel better when we only get beat by a few points it still sucks as much as if we get blow out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yes A WIN is a WIN no matter how big or small it is..Counts the same..Im impressed we won with a lot of 3rd stringers and all that..

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I figured for sure they would've called grounding on Russ since it was Willson, and he's not technically an eligible receiver.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2geigjc4 said:
I figured for sure they would've called grounding on Russ since it was Willson, and he's not technically an eligible receiver.
I thought Russ threw it at his feet because it increased Willson's chances of catching the ball.

rastahawk

Reaction score
My hope is that we get healthy towards the end of the season and finish strong. Then hopefully going into the playoffs fresh.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Boy do we need some guys to get healthy quickly!

The Giants will beat us if we play that poorly next week.

Tical21

Reaction score
Our backups won an NFL game which is never bad. Lynch would have had a big game without a bunch of penalties. I was hoping Shead would be a half-step faster on a couple of plays, but for being the backup to the backup, he wasn't bad. Our 4th string center wasn't awful, although he made a few assignment mistakes that looked pretty bad. I don't know what to say about Luke Willson. Dude just isn't a fluid athlete. His SPARQ rating is high though. I've never trusted Helfet, and have never seen an onside kick go though somebody's arms like that. I'm anxious to watch the tape. My wife and kid are going on vacation and this week or next week I'm going to go for the free trial of the all-22 so I can break down the passing game a bit more.

When we see man defense, what do we do? I don't think anybody knows. There should be a few staples that you try first. We seem content to run seam routes, which I just don't get. I don't know what that little route is that Russell always fires high to the outside receivers. Is it a skinny post? If it is, our guys aren't taught how to run it correctly.

There were also times against zone that we just were totally indecisive. We don't run enough high-low combinations with a receiver sitting underneath. We did hit Marshawn on a little underneath zone throw. I don't know, but it is time to figure out if the blame should lay on Bevell, the receivers, or Russ, along with the line. Almost never does Russ plant his back foot and throw. Almost never. That has to change.

It was nice to see Avril with another strong game. Mebane was good as usual. Earl had some pep. He is trying to single-handedly bring the intensity for the whole unit. Sherm was Sherm. I'm surprised they didn't go after Humble Thug more often. KJ felt more solid today. Actually, the underneath coverage felt pretty tight except for a couple of missed assignments, one by Burley, and a late reaction by Shead, which will happen.

The Raiders are 0-8 and deserve to be. That is an awful football team. Even with our backups, this game shouldn't have been close.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1jywtjwy said:
pehawk":1jywtjwy said:
I thought Russ threw it at his feet because it increased Willson's chances of catching the ball.
Hysterical :th2thumbs:

Nice job pulling out he JP Darche card Pe.

XOXO
Clint Gresham

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Incidentally pehawk, as a long-time lurker who only occasionally posts, I'm a big fan of your posts and it's good to see you posting again here.

Anyway, I mostly hand-wave complaints about ugly wins away, though this one leaves me pretty disappointed. Feels very much like the step down from 2005 to 2006. With that said, nobody in the NFC has stepped up to take over as clear favorite, so we still have as much talent as anyone and could get hot. If we do, all we'll care about from this game is the end result of it. That is to say...I come away from this game with disappointment and lower expectations for the year, but it still beats the ever-living hell out of a loss.

hawk45

Reaction score
Tical21":2flare9g said:
Almost never does Russ plant his back foot and throw. Almost never. That has to change.

Last week was the first time I can remember him really doing it with a little regularity. But then last week I think we saw some slants, or at least some routes in the middle of the field to PRich and such. Those either weren't called today or weren't there? There was a play where PRich and someone crossed over the middle of the field and Richardson got open (surprise), on a 3rd and long before our last field goal. Don't know why we don't see more of that.

And then on top of that Russ missed some wide-open throws even when standing in a decent pocket. That's starting to unnerve me.