If Wilson was hurt would they ever list it?

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm not saying he is or has been hurt. But, if he ever was, I doubt we'd ever hear about it. Why would they say anything? If opponents know he's hurt they may not respect his legs or a particular side he scrambles too, as much.

Food for thought.

BKCW

Reaction score
If I remember correctly he injured his shoulder last year during the Tampa game and it wasn't mentioned at all.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
BKCW":1v5a24c0 said:
If I remember correctly he injured his shoulder last year during the Tampa game and it wasn't mentioned at all.

He reinjured it vs the Cards, IMO, too.

We'll never know.

All this stuff will come out in the book a decade from now. The book will be called "Percy being Percy..an autobiography of an NFL funnyman". On the cover Percy will be wearing a turtleneck, with shrugged shoulders and hands raised in the air like "hey, don't look at me...I don't know either ,LOL" with a jocular expression on his face.

Cant...wait...

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
pehawk":1691eoll said:
I'm not saying he is or has been hurt. But, if he ever was, I doubt we'd ever hear about it. Why would they say anything? If opponents know he's hurt they may not respect his legs or a particular side he scrambles too, as much.

Food for thought.

I would think that would be the exact reason they WOULD list it.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":1pq280m0 said:

Food for thought.

If he doesn't get listed on the report, then somehow gets scratched from the game with what the league finds to have been an already-existing condition, the team can get sanctioned over it.

Happened with the Patriots once. The next week, Bill Belichick listed literally the entire team on the injury report (most of them listed as probable obviously). I know people don't like him, but that crap was funny.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":e1oh9quw said:
pehawk":e1oh9quw said:

Food for thought.

If he doesn't get listed on the report, then somehow gets scratched from the game with what the league finds to have been an already-existing condition, the team can get sanctioned over it.

Happened with the Patriots once. The next week, Bill Belichick listed literally the entire team on the injury report (most of them listed as probable obviously). I know people don't like him, but that crap was funny.

Funny? It's passive-aggressive brilliance. And Belicheck still does it.

I don't think there's a shot in hell Wilson would ever be on an injury list unless he's out, and they know it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
He's not hurt, he's just not that good [in your traditional sense] as a QB.

In the right offense with enough talent with enough creative play-calling he's a world-beater, but with the receivers he has now he's not going to be able to succeed on a regular basis.

That being said, he still doesn't really turn the ball over [often], he's still a threat with his legs and when in a rhythm he can start piling up passing yards.

This team lived off the PA-pass-keep-option last year and dominated. This time opposing D's have done an excellent job of [mostly] taking away his roll-out by keeping a spy always ready on the weak side. This should mean that you have man-coverage down-field, which is a good thing for our receivers, but unfortunately they can't shake their coverage.

I blame most of RWs struggles on the talent on the outside. But he hasn't helped himself. He doesn't seem confident in the pocket.

BKCW

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2aa7xd1m said:
I blame most of RWs struggles on the talent on the outside. But he hasn't helped himself. He doesn't seem confident in the pocket.

I wish I knew more about football and the skill needed to play; however, I wonder if our perception of Russ' lack of confidence in the pocket is actually him moving to find passing lanes? By doing this, we are unable to run a traditional passing scheme of having receivers running timing routes because were essentially running a run'n'gun /scrambling offense. So when Russ moves out of the pocket to find lanes, the window of opportunity for receivers is diminished causing us to rely on our receivers ability to find Russ versus Russ finding them and throwing them open.

But overall when it works, it works well because Russ has superior decision making and throws the ball in areas only his receivers can catch, minimizing INTs, but also appearing to be off target if it is incomplete. I would be curious to see how receivers are in YAC compared to the rest of the league. So based off that, when he is having an off day like today, and most of last week, he just looks like an average QB.

drdiags

Reaction score
If their name was Ron Rivera, who mentions his QB's cracked ribs before the season started. Not sure I would be publicizing that bit of info.