Is this the worst the offense has looked under RW?

kmedic

Reaction score
Ok, maybe the Arizona and St. Louis game his rookie season might be comparable but it's been a long time since I've seen the offense look so inept. Granted, the offensive line is garbage right now with all the backups but I also see bad route running, poor TE play, numerous penalties on the O-line, and even a crappy overweight FB. I know it's one game at a time but this just doesn't look sustainable.

northseahawk

Reaction score
This is for sure the worst RW has looked. I never imagined I would get so excited by a pass completion as I do nowadays.

seabowl

Reaction score
Last year when most of the line was injured in the middle of the season Russ carried this O on his back. This year he is not as sharp with the players being out and that is the difference also got with the major departures in free agency. Also IMO Britt stinks so far.

Anthony!

Reaction score
seabowl":ukhz97dl said:
Last year when most of the line was injured in the middle of the season Russ carried this O on his back. This year he is not as sharp with the players being out and that is the difference also got with the major departures in free agency. Also IMO Britt stinks so far.

I would say he has had games when he has been as sharp but this oline is really bad, and then the force feeding of Harvin for awhile. I think it is stupid to expect him or any QB to have to try amnd do much every week with this oline, and wr, and then add in drops, play calling etc. I mean his first 4 games were great and then STL, but he is not getting a lot of help from others. Oline crap, wr/te drops. I have showed it before look at what he has compared to other top QBs

Luck - 6th pass blocking o-line and has TY Hilton, Wyane, Nicks to throw to
P Manning- 4th pass blocking o-line and he has Thomas, Welker, Sanders
Brady 19th ranked pass blocking o-line (ours is now ranked 28th) and he has Gronk, Edelman
Rodger o-line ranked 19th in pass blocking and has Nelson, Cobb to throw to
Brees o-line ranked 5th and he has Graham, cooks, Colson,
Ryan 7th pass blocking o-line and he has Hester, Jones, White, Smith
Rivers 9th o-line, and he has gates, Floyd, Royal, Allen

Wilson 26th ranked pass blocking oline and he has Baldwin, Kearse, TE-Wilson,

seeing this it is easy to see why

drdiags

Reaction score
I wish they would lose those bubble screens, but I gather that is the way of the NFL. They should get better at rub routes like the Broncos because for the most part their passing game just does not look very mature.

The run in 2012 was some of the best times for the Seahawks offense. Last year, with a patchwork OL it was just smoke and mirrors that they survived the season but they did. This year more of the same. I really would like to see an OL that can play together for several seasons without having half of them missing a huge chunk of the season.

I have faith that the coaches will get something put together so that the team is competitive the second half of this season but I am sure there will be times where I want to kick over something.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
kmedic":2mm18mmf said:
Ok, maybe the Arizona and St. Louis game his rookie season might be comparable but it's been a long time since I've seen the offense look so inept. Granted, the offensive line is garbage right now with all the backups but I also see bad route running, poor TE play, numerous penalties on the O-line, and even a crappy overweight FB. I know it's one game at a time but this just doesn't look sustainable.
Our offensive line is now starting back ups of backups backups.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Erebus":2p8qfs0b said:
I wish the offense would always put up 23 points when Wilson is off.

Comments like these undermine any attempt at intelligent thought. Did you watch the game and seriously think "wow what a great offense!?"

You saw how the defense shifted the field our way on almost every drive and we failed to capitalize most times right?

Erebus

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3sjibwgd said:
Erebus":3sjibwgd said:
I wish the offense would always put up 23 points when Wilson is off.

Comments like these undermine any attempt at intelligent thought. Did you watch the game and seriously think "wow what a great offense!?"

You saw how the defense shifted the field our way on almost every drive and we failed to capitalize most times right?
If you notice, I didn't have any sarcasm emoticon. I was being serious. The offense was off, and I'm glad they still put up 23 points. It's too bad we can't always play the Raiders.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":2ya2qbt3 said:
seabowl":2ya2qbt3 said:

I would say he has had games when he has been as sharp but this oline is really bad, and then the force feeding of Harvin for awhile. I think it is stupid to expect him or any QB to have to try amnd do much every week with this oline, and wr, and then add in drops, play calling etc. I mean his first 4 games were great and then STL, but he is not getting a lot of help from others. Oline crap, wr/te drops. I have showed it before look at what he has compared to other top QBs

Brady 19th ranked pass blocking o-line (ours is now ranked 28th) and he has Gronk, Edelman

Serious question - where are you getting these rankings and how much does the quarterback play affect these rankings?

I've watched the Falcons a bunch and I know there's no way Ryan's offensive line is 7th best in the league. I do know that players like him and Manning are ivery good at covering up the weakness of their linemen with quick passing and elite pocket movement/awareness, whereas Wilson seems to struggle with pressure inside the pocket (elite outside of the pocket tho).

kf3339

Reaction score
I am just no longer surprised how our offense plays. Sometimes it's just very hard to watch at all.

The only good thing I can say about this game is we won.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1a6i17l1 said:
Anthony!":1a6i17l1 said:
seabowl":1a6i17l1 said:

Serious question - where are you getting these rankings and how much does the quarterback play affect these rankings?

I've watched the Falcons a bunch and I know there's no way Ryan's offensive line is 7th best in the league. I do know that players like him and Manning are ivery good at covering up the weakness of their linemen with quick passing and elite pocket movement/awareness, whereas Wilson seems to struggle with pressure inside the pocket (elite outside of the pocket tho).

Footballoutsiders.com and yes they do take into account QQ play, also for what it is worth they did an analysis last year on our team pass blocking only 1 of the 44 sacks was on the QB, and this years line is worse. Actually Wilson is one of the best under pressure. Those rankings were as of last week, we will have new ones Tuesday for this week. Of course mind you this is pass blocking only.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":j50twp17 said:
Recon_Hawk":j50twp17 said:
Anthony!":j50twp17 said:
seabowl":j50twp17 said:

Footballoutsiders.com and yes they do take into account QQ play, also for what it is worth they did an analysis last year on our team pass blocking only 1 of the 44 sacks was on the QB, and this years line is worse. Actually Wilson is one of the best under pressure. Those rankings were as of last week, we will have new ones Tuesday for this week. Of course mind you this is pass blocking only.
According to this article on FO, they have the Offensive Line Pass blocking at 21st through Week 8. Can you post the link the where you are getting the 26/28 ranking? Also, I don't read where the QB play affects the ranking of the offensive line, but instead they are ranked based on Adjusted Sack Rate which does not figure in QB play. Again, could you share this link?

Now, to the "1 of 44 sacks" stat for Wilson you mentioned, well its misleading. You are referring to this article, but you're failing to count coverage sacks which Football Outsiders puts most of the blame on the quarterback, which would then add 14 sacks to that number, totaling 15. Of course that is a subjective analysis, so I suppose we could use this writer's sack total which is the exact same process that FO went through (be forewarned, you won't like what you read). Point being, its all subjective.

IMO, Wilson doesn't deal with pressure the way the 7 quarterbacks you have ranked above do. They choose to slide in the pocket and are looking to operate within the play design, whereas Wilson is quick to drop his eyes to escape the pocket. It's what makes him so dangerous, but also to blame for missed receivers and (at times) misidentified poor offensive line play.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I went to his first ever start at AZ. it was UGLY!

We were worse last year versus STL as well.

He had a bad game. We all do. He'll get over it and have a gem next week.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Sheesh. Give it a rest and stop swinging from the neck-beard. No one has said anything bad on the thread about Luck and you have to troll away.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Gilliam, Lewis, Bailey, Britt, Sweezy.... Let that line up sink in. A hobbled Schilling had to come in and be the savior? This isn't just a bad line it's one with almost no experiance playing at all much less playing together. It's not even a practice squad. How many QBs could be successful behind that line up? Now throw in the hands of stone we have playing TE. You know the two guys we are terrified to have out there on the " hands team"?