Potential Wk. 17 problem

nepahawk

Reaction score
I know looking ahead to week 17, is just plain stupid but....

I have a feeling, that our playoff future might come down to the last week of the season.

What I am worried about is that we might need SF to beat the Cards. If SF is not in the playoff picture, can we really count on them to give a true effort?

A lot of speculation, but just have a bad feeling that SF throws us the screws, if given the chance.

HawkEye

Reaction score
It's very simple for me:

A loss to the Cards= Only a Wildcard possibility
A loss to the Cards and a loss to the Niners= We're out of the playoffs

Rainger

Reaction score
nepahawk":2845ialb said:
I know looking ahead to week 17, is just plain stupid but....

I have a feeling, that our playoff future might come down to the last week of the season.

What I am worried about is that we might need SF to beat the Cards. If SF is not in the playoff picture, can we really count on them to give a true effort?

A lot of speculation, but just have a bad feeling that SF throws us the screws, if given the chance.
Real simple. Beat AZ twice and we dont need anything when we have the same record.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The teams below Seattle in the playoff standings arent any good. The NFC has dropped off a bit this season. Seattle holds a tie breaker with 2 of our most likely competitors in GB and CAR.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Seems to me our fate is set.....we are meant to make a wildcard spot for the playoffs and have to go play in NO who win their division at 7-9. Hmmmmm Beastquake 2 in The Bayou???

OP
OP
nepahawk

nepahawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":3b1e89uz said:
Seems to me our fate is set.....we are meant to make a wildcard spot for the playoffs and have to go play in NO who win their division at 7-9. Hmmmmm Beastquake 2 in The Bayou???

Nice. Let's hope the home team doesn't win again.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Foles broke his collarbone today. That might make the Eagles easier to beat, I doubt he comes back in time or if he does, not 100%.

We clearly have to beat the Cards 2x, who are built to beat us, but if Wilson can have a good day (as we will have to beat this team passing) then maybe. It depends if we can get our center back and if we can get Kam playing at least at 80%. (The Cards are good but that QB is a statue and they would have lost today had they played almost any serviceable QB.
Playing against Weeden is like asking Mike Tyson to box against a 5th grader. It isn't really fair.)

We probably have to beat the 49ers twice too. But we can likely get away with one loss against them.

This assumes we win out against teams like the Giants and Chiefs, no guarantee given we barely scratched past the lowly Raiders at home.

At some point, this team is going to have to EARN the right to go to the playoffs. Thus far this year, the only game the team appears to have done that is the Broncos game.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Chawks1":16xb1hn5 said:
That does sound about right! I like our chances, there QB is too short?????

Rex

Reaction score
Interesting week 17 talk in that it assumes Seahawks win in week 17. ;)

sutz

Reaction score
I would worry a bit more if we hadn't won a road playoff game since the 1980's, but the 2012 playoffs are fresh in my memory. I think we could win a road playoff game if need be. If the team maintains focus, it might not be necessary, but I see no reason to lose confidence yet. Now, if some key players don't return, maybe, but we have some time and if we continue to scrape out wins now, we'll be in good shape in December.

Now, bring on the Gi-aints. :179422:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Pfft...have you seen the Aint's defense? Even the inept Seahawks offense would light them up.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We control our own destiny. The Seahawks have no one to blame but themselves if they don't get in.