Lynch gets a little help from his friends

tom sawyer

Reaction score
He can't do it on his own, and it looks like he is getting the help we need him to get!!

j7o1jjusbtcc1rqwy7wh_zpsgbeem1bz.gif

hawknation2014

Reaction score
That probably should have been a hold on Sweezy for wrapping up Woodson and then body slamming him into the end zone.

Did Carpenter hurt his ankle on this play? He was beasting all game, hope it's not a high ankle sprain.

NYCoug

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2y7mne5r said:
That probably should have been a hold on Sweezy for wrapping up Woodson and then body slamming him into the end zone.

Did Carpenter hurt his ankle on this play? He was beasting all game, hope it's not a high ankle sprain.

Carp hurt his ankle on a random play later in the game. Marshawn (I think) was running behind him and got tackled and his leg kinda slammed into Carp's ankle from behind. At first I thought Carp might have just been in shock, thinking he got rolled up on from behind which could've been really bad. Then, we realized that he was legitimately hurt and took a little while to get off the field. He walked off under his own power though.

Chawks1

Reaction score
NYCoug":2l8kqqxv said:
hawknation2014":2l8kqqxv said:

Carp hurt his ankle on a random play later in the game. Marshawn (I think) was running behind him and got tackled and his leg kinda slammed into Carp's ankle from behind. At first I thought Carp might have just been in shock, thinking he got rolled up on from behind which could've been really bad. Then, we realized that he was legitimately hurt and took a little while to get off the field. He walked off under his own power though.

I gotta give Carp credit for half this TD....he really put his weight behind that pile! Hope he is good to go next week.

Mojambo

Reaction score
James Carpenter is an elite run blocker.

Wish the rest of his game would round out.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Mojambo":3s4txtvh said:
James Carpenter is an elite run blocker.

Wish the rest of his game would round out.

The block by Carpenter on Lynch's other TD was a thing of beauty. He could have walked into the end zone on that one.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Such an awesome run for TD, love watching this!!

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
The title of the thread reminds me of a certain song by The Beatles.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3010ju48 said:

ComeTogether?
Don't Let Me Down?

You've Really Got A Hold On Me?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3hkbkrru said:
dumbrabbit":3hkbkrru said:

ComeTogether?
Don't Let Me Down?

:177692:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction?
Brown Sugar?
Sympathy for the Devil?

StoneCold

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1n75iyyr said:
dumbrabbit":1n75iyyr said:

ComeTogether?
Don't Let Me Down?

I wanna hold my man?

SC

Barakas

Reaction score
What are the rules against pushing the pile (or are there any)?

I absolutely loved the play but I thought for sure that what happened was not legal and should have been flagged or at least the whistle blown dead or something??

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Barakas":anq7e4g7 said:

I absolutely loved the play but I thought for sure that what happened was not legal and should have been flagged or at least the whistle blown dead or something??

I think offensive lineman are allowed to push, I believe Lockette should have been flagged. But that's something that is never ever called.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Even if the ref were to stop the play he would get himself tangled by Marshawn Lynch just trying to break up the dogpile.

Silentwander

Reaction score
Awesome dogpile! It made me think of fiery lambs. I thought that Cap was doing great. Sweezy should been flagged at the end if the ref saw it. So far it was my favorite TD. I just saw Tukuafu get up quickly and ran straight fast and hard. Scary! I think that I am glad he is on our side.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Barakas":2rak8046 said:

Here's the definition. I've never seen it called though.

Helping the Runner

What does Helping the Runner Mean?
It is illegal for an offensive player to aid a runner in advancing the ball forward. An offensive player may block for the runner, but may not push them forward. If an offensive player is deemed to have helped a runner advance the ball, a 10-yard penalty will be assessed.

Sporting Charts explains Helping the Runner
This rule was implemented to prevent teams from lining up their biggest players behind their running back or tail back, and helping them move the pack. No offensive player may lift a runner to his feet or pull him in any direction at any time, nor push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent or to recover a loose ball. The foul for assisting the runner is a ten-yard penalty. Prior to the rule being implemented, a running back stopped by the opposing team would sometimes get an assist from behind.