Russell Wilson: passing problems

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Wilson completed a season-low 49 percent of his passes yesterday.

That's not all the receivers fault, not the line, not the play calling. He just seems to be lacking confidence and getting frustrated.

Maybe he needs to get his eyes checked?!!

Anthony!

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1pe9yrpj said:

That's not all the receivers fault, not the line, not the play calling. He just seems to be lacking confidence and getting frustrated.

well could be, but he also had 4 catchable balls dropped that would put him at 60%. he had 83 yards and 4 completion called back due to oline/blocking penalties that would make him 64%. He was off yesterday, but the oline and Wr are a problem, have been for a while, but he normally can make up for it, but no in this game. The main issue is he does not have the talent around him on offense that most of the top QBs have. Also unlike last year were WR made plays on the ball, which is what happens on all teams, this year they have not been making those plays. SO yes Wilson was off yesterday and he needs to get that figured out, however the oline, play calling and Wr are a huge part of it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
tom sawyer":mswvtcd9 said:

I think the rain played a part in it. Moon and another guy on the various 710 ESPN shows yesterday said that when you try to grip the ball hard to zip it on longer throws, it'll tend to sail if the ball is wet.

I also think he was rushing throws without getting his feet set at times due to the patchwork o-line.

bandiger

Reaction score
Well he was 15 out of 22 with Baldwin and the rest while 2 of 12 with Kearse and Willson. Yeah he was throwing high and those deep shots were bad. Makes me think we should start using Norwood and Richardson more than Kearse.

Cartire

Reaction score
He did miss some throws. And he had that bad miss last week as well against CAR. So im not against someone bringing it up and keeping a tab on it. However, with the dropped balls and called back screens, he wouldnt have looked as bad. Throw in the rain and it was just asking for some things to go wrong.

He holds part of the blame. But im hardly at a point where Im worried about it. The guy has proven himself by now that hes allowed to have a few subpar games. Every QB does from time to time.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Anthony!":2e2of576 said:
tom sawyer":2e2of576 said:

well could be, but he also had 4 catchable balls dropped that would put him at 60%. he had 83 yards and 4 completion called back due to oline/blocking penalties that would make him 64%. He was off yesterday, but the oline and Wr are a problem, have been for a while, but he normally can make up for it, but no in this game. The main issue is he does not have the talent around him on offense that most of the top QBs have. Also unlike last year were WR made plays on the ball, which is what happens on all teams, this year they have not been making those plays. SO yes Wilson was off yesterday and he needs to get that figured out, however the oline, play calling and Wr are a huge part of it.

No but we have to have a single person to blame for everything so we can focus our anger.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2q3tte3h said:
No but we have to have a single person to blame for everything so we can focus our anger.

hulksmash.gif

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Wilson looks worn out. Perhaps not injured, but he looks tired. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they are hiding an injury.

I really find all his extracurricular activities admirable, but I wish he would cut back some. Hope he wears a new bracelet to say 'Gotta make time to sleep'.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2454gvby said:

TJ!!! TJ!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1iye898m said:

Don't you guys normally blame Bevell?

Russell's lack of accuracy is troubling, as it's a very strong part of his game. So something's going on with him that's messing with his mechanics or something.

It can't all be just poor WR play or O-line issues.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Something is up b/c he is just missing on a lot of passes. Is it him or his receivers, or both?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Injuries on the O-line, WR drops, Russell, and playcalling are ALL contributing to our offensive problems. There's no one solution. We just need more drafting to - oh wait, never mind, we're already playoff contenders.

HawkWow

Reaction score
tom sawyer":464f315t said:

Funny you'd say that. I was thinking the same yesterday. Not necessarily his eyes, but his vision.

I won't again go into why I think he is having field vision issues (it's a dead horse), but he is missing some throws uncharacteristic of him. But I'm not about to get down on Wilson until we see this happening when he has more resources at his disposal. And I probably won't even get down on him, then.

One thing I believe without doubt is he is out there giving 100% and I've repeatedly defended Bruce for the same reason. If there are any inadequacies in either men, it's not because they are not giving their best. You draft these guys based on a mountain of information, when they become part of the team, all you can expect is 100%. If you are getting that, the mistake (if there was one) does not fall on the player, it falls on the interpretation of that mountain of information.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
heres a relatively ezmode solution, albeit unpopular...

sit kearse. he's been HORRID this season. hes done almost nothing as a starting receiver. yesterday he had 7 targets... 1 was complete. he does not get off the line well, cannot get separation, and has trouble holding onto the ball (consider going back to last season, where he had the most drops by a mile). either put lockette or better yet, norwood in his place. tired of nobody being open downfield. wilson needs all the help he can get atm.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":8f88la90 said:
Ever have an off day at what you do best?......OK then, forget about it and move on.
:th2thumbs:
Oh my!! The sky is falling. Russ will straighten out his game. I am sure he knows this wasn't his best effort.
You know the best thing? WE WON and Russ didn't give the ball up once.
I still have the utmost confidence in him.
On to the Vagiants!!!!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":7078q1h4 said:
Ad Hawk":7078q1h4 said:
Zebulon Dak":7078q1h4 said:

TJ!!! TJ!!!

That would = no more wins.

No, but the idea makes me laugh, just like Okung getting pegged with the penalties this week. :lol:

DHawk

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":1x06uogh said:
Wilson looks worn out. Perhaps not injured, but he looks tired. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they are hiding an injury.

I really find all his extracurricular activities admirable, but I wish he would cut back some. Hope he wears a new bracelet to say 'Gotta make time to sleep'.

I've thought the same thing lately. I for sure thought he'd be held out with a concussion after taking that knee to the head against St. Louis I think it was. He got up slow and looked a little dazed to me.