Is it too early to talk about the Giants game?

Erebus

Reaction score
I know some of you still want to complain about yesterday's victory, but I'm moving on. Besides the obvious home field advantage, we have another distinct advantage this week. The Giants are travelling cross-country on a short week after playing on Monday night. That has to have an effect on them.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Erebus":3p8vc9bs said:
I know some of you still want to complain about yesterday's victory, but I'm moving on. Besides the obvious home field advantage, we have another distinct advantage this week. The Giants are travelling cross-country on a short week after playing on Monday night. That has to have an effect on them.
Yeah I think that's a real advantage.
BTW, Rog has already fire the schedule maker for doing this to his beloved Vagiants.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Giants are a true jekyll and hyde team.. really depends which Eli shows up on Sunday. If good Eli shows up, it will be another scary close game... but if bad Eli shows up.. we may finally blow out someone.

Will feel a lot better about the bad Eli showing up if Max and Kam return.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Erebus":1055f52z said:

Yeah, I really hope the MNF game tonight drains something out of them too. Last year we won 23-0 with 5 ints and we stuffed thier running game for 25 yards. Another defensive effort like that will be needed cuz our O is still trying to find its passing game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Here's some truth for those who have closed the door on the Raiders game.
If you've decided to move on to the next game as a fan, that's cool, but I'd be damned surprised the Coaches aren't dwelling on some of the fixable mistakes that were running rampant in yesterdays game.
You can bet that the Giants will be watching a bunch of game tape of this game, and some of the others that we didn't do so well in.
I think we take the Giants, and I don't think it's going to be as close as it was yesterday.
Carr admitted that he tried to do too much on his own in the first half, and he's right...You can't take down a team all by yourself.
"Eli's Coming" (sorry, I just couldn't help myself) and the Seahawks have his number, and we have a few young guns that are trying to show that they belong.

sutz

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1972it3h said:
Here's some truth for those who have closed the door on the Raiders game.
If you've decided to move on to the next game as a fan, that's cool, but I'd be damned surprised the Coaches aren't dwelling on some of the fixable mistakes that were running rampant in yesterdays game.
You can bet that the Giants will be watching a bunch of game tape of this game, and some of the others that we didn't do so well in.
I think we take the Giants, and I don't think it's going to be as close as it was yesterday.
Carr admitted that he tried to do too much on his own in the first half, and he's right...You can't take down a team all by yourself.
"Eli's Coming" (sorry, I just couldn't help myself) and the Seahawks have his number, and we have a few young guns that are trying to show that they belong.
Well, I believe Monday is film day for most teams. Tuesday off for the players while the coaches construct the game plan. Practice the rest of the week. No travel for us, so we get extra reps this week. That should help somewhat with the mistakes from yesterday's game. The Gi-aints lose one day to travel, so they don't get as much prep as we do.

I think we'll do OK. I'm not predicting a blowout, but we should have a good solid win this Sunday IMHO.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Another day, another destruction of Eli Manning at the hands of the Seahawks. I love this tradition.

DHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1gco2lhf said:
Another day, another destruction of Eli Manning at the hands of the Seahawks. I love this tradition.

:th2thumbs:

Lets not mess with something that works!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
As poor as our offense has performed they are better than the NYG offense. They were shut out recently and have no running game whatsoever.

Theyll blitz a lot until Russ makes them pay then its beat down time.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I know it's not really part of our D, but if needed I hope we bring some blitzes and put pressure on Eli, Cotls are doing it tonight and it's working. I don't think these Giant receivers know enough yet to adjust their routes to hot reads. I think our secondary can take them man to man.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks our HFA isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be? I think we have more false starts at home than our opponents. The mystical HFA of Century Link sadly got taken away in the Cards game last year, than buried when the Cowboys came to town. I mean don't get me wrong I'd still rather play at home than on the road, but where I once though our HFA stood for 6-8 pts before, now it's probably 3 with the rest of the league :(.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3egwonyv said:
Am I the only one who thinks our HFA isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be? I think we have more false starts at home than our opponents. The mystical HFA of Century Link sadly got taken away in the Cards game last year, than buried when the Cowboys came to town. I mean don't get me wrong I'd still rather play at home than on the road, but where I once though our HFA stood for 6-8 pts before, now it's probably 3 with the rest of the league :(.

One thing I've noticed along these lines is teams are not taking false start penalties against us this year like they used to. I noticed that all the way back to the Packer game.

As much as our passing game has stuggled, if we can protect RW, this Giant secondary is completely beat up. No excuses for not being able to move the ball on them.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Last time I looked, the Giants were getting their asses handed to them by the Colts 40 - 10. Their season is pretty much shot and they're coming here on a short week. Good game to get more kinks worked out.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like our chances. Even with their pass rush package on the field knowing Indy throws 99% of the time, the giants secondary couldn't stop anything. When we have a healthier line this week, they won't have the NASCAR package in at all times and we should be able to own the middle of the field.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Plus if they're tired on a short week, if we can establish the run, it's going to wear them out and crush that defense early.

Then we'll be able to do mostly what we want to. I just hope the coaching staff decides to lay a beat down on someone and not take the foot off the gas up by 14 points.

edit: Amukamara tore his biceps and is out for the season. he was their best CB, and evidently Rodgers Cromartie is also banged up and couldn't play the entire game. If we can't pass on this secondary, we're honestly not making the playoffs.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) We dominated Saints in the playoffs and won a close game - that is the coaching staffs style. Now against Oakland offense never did click - granted

2) Giants blitzed all game long. RW needs to beat the blitz

RiverDog

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2rjbusq7 said:
Last time I looked, the Giants were getting their asses handed to them by the Colts 40 - 10. Their season is pretty much shot and they're coming here on a short week. Good game to get more kinks worked out.

That's what scares me. Teams with nothing to lose are a lot more looser, and their coaches more willing to take chances. We have not been playing well, came close to getting upset at home to the worst team in the league, so we are in no position to simply "work out the kinks." We're going to have to play good, solid football. It doesn't have to be our best game, but we still are going to have to play relatively mistake free football as our margin over these mediocre teams like the Giants isn't as great as we'd all like to think it is.

This is a trap game if there ever was one.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If Russell Wilson and our secondary cannot "work out the kinks" against the Giants.......then we are in deep sh*t!!!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
e2may4