Second half of the season predictions

Chawks1

Reaction score
Week 10 Home vs Giants - W (anyone see how they played last year vs. Giants?)
Week 11 Road vs KC Chiefs - L (Veeeerrry tough place to play, remember when we were AFC west foes?)
Week 12 Home vs Cards - W (revenge from last years home defeat)
Week 13 Road vs Niners - W (niners are self-destructing this year, they are n a givng mood. Thanksgiving night fiesta!)
Week 14 Road vs Eagles - W (Sanchez at QB, enuf said!)
Week 15 Home vs Niners - W (complete the sweep!!!)
Week 16 Road vs Cards - L (split the series, hopefully doesn't decide the division)
Week 17 Home vs Rams - W (we beat them cuz their special teams fumbles the game away!!!)

Finish season at 11-5.

Erebus

Reaction score
vs NYG - Win; Giants are travelling cross-country on a short week
at KC - Loss; they are playing surprisingly good, and Justin Houstin is going to have a career day against our o-line.
vs ARI - Win, but it won't be easy
at SF - Loss; 49ers are hard to figure out this year, but I don't see us winning there on a short week. They should have all their linebackers back by this game.
at PHI - Win; this is assuming Foles is still out, and they lost DeMeco Ryans; before yesterday I would've said loss
vs SF - Win?
at ARI - Loss; I think we're the better team, but we just never seem to sweep them
vs STL - Win; we always beat them at home

That's 10-6 and a wild card at best. If we sweep the Cards, then 11-5, division title, and a first round bye.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm pretty much on board with that prediction. I can see the possibility of 12-4 if we are hitting the stride against the fading Cards (if they start fading, that is) . Or, I could see dropping the Thanksgiving 9er game, and sinking as low as 10-6.

Anything less than 10-6 will be surprising and disappointing to me. Earlier, I would have thought 10-6 wouldn't get us to the postseason, but with how things are shaking out in Dallas and Philly, it might be enough after all.

sturg78

Reaction score
10- W Eli is our female dog in the Clink

11- W I think if we are healthy we match up well against the chiefs.

12- W I say we split the series probably with home teams winning

13- W Prime time game with the Hawks? Forget about it.

14- W The Sanchize will be slipping but the scat backs will give our D trouble. offense keeps us in it and beast mode closes the coffin.

15- W 9ers in full spiral. lap throws a pick on the first pass. A fade to Crabtree.

16- L Unless Palmer finally succumbs to his illness the Cards defend their house

17- W Screw the Rams.

12-4 and healthy to boot.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Cirmman":15dofhiy said:
Agree

But week 14 is too far... Foles don't play??

The word is 6-8 weeks out.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Week 10 Home vs Giants - W, but won't be easy
Week 11 Road vs KC Chiefs - L, one the toughest places in the NFL to play, 10 AM game, good defense, etc.
Week 12 Home vs Cards - W, but won't be easy
Week 13 Road vs Niners - W, all along I've said this was a loss, but this team is a hot mess and I don't think it'll get any better
Week 14 Road vs Eagles - L, Foles will be back, 1 PM game will help, but their O will be too much for our D
Week 15 Home vs Niners - W, by like 10-14 They'll be done by this game
Week 16 Road vs Cards - W, it won't be easy but Hawks find a way
Week 17 Home vs Rams - W, their season will be over

Finish season at 11-5.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cirmman":27vri276 said:
Agree

But week 14 is too far... Foles don't play??

Foles is out 6 to 8 weeks, so it is unlikely he makes it back for week 14.

I think that we lose 2 of our 4 remaining road games giving us a 4-4 road record.

I think we win out at home giving us a 7-1 home record

overall 11-5

Original prediction before the season was 13-3 (although I thought 12-4 was more realistic)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I still think 11-5 can land us the 2 seed.

Crazy as that may sound.

Erebus

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2offszrq said:

Crazy as that may sound.

I agree, and it's not that crazy. I looked through each season since the expansion of the schedule to 16 games in 1978. The number two seed had 11 wins 21 times out of 68 qualifying conference seasons (1982 and 1987 don't count). That's 30% of the time. Also of note, 10 wins got a team a #2 seed five times (six if you count 1987, which was strike-shortened by one game). A few times, 11 wins got a team a #1 seed.

There is a distinct lack of dominant teams in the NFC this year. Obviously 11-5 implies that we sweep the Cards and take the division from them. The rest of this scenario will be based on us sweeping the Cards.

Realistically, the Packers have the best shot at the #1 seed because I think they will finish 12-4. But they have a legit shot at losing two more games and finishing 11-5, and we hold the tie breaker over them.

The Lions are the Lions. They will likely fade down the stretch. They have some very tough road games still coming up, including @ ARI, @ NE, and @ GB. They might even split with Chicago. It looks like 11-5 at best. Of course, if the Packers take the #1 seed, the Lions can't get the #2.

The Cowboys also have a good shot at a first round bye if Romo doesn't miss any more games. I'm not rooting for an injury here. That's bad juju. I'm rooting for his existing injury to take time to heal, and for Jerry Jones to not step in and make him play. They hold a tie breaker over us, so we need them to finish 10-6.

The Eagles lost Foles for 6 to 8 weeks, and lost Demeco Ryans, the "Mufasa" of their defense, for the season. They are likely to lose a few more games, and we'll get a chance to gain a tie breaker over them.

The winner of the South has no chance of finishing 11-5. It looks like that's going to be the Saints. They can't win on the road against a semi-decent team.

Things will get interesting if the Seahawks, Packers, and Cowboys all finish 11-5 with identical conference records.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I dont see us doing worse than 4-4, with that said..

9-7 we miss the playoffs
10-6 we are lucky to get 6 seed
11-5 we could get as low as 6 as high as 2
12-4 we get as low as 4 as high as 2
13-3 we most likely get the 1

The best thing we have going for us is we control our own destiny, 1-0 every week.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
The way we've been playing, I would be thrilled with an 11-5 record. I'm thinking 9-7 and looking to the draft and free agency to plug some big holes. Especially on the offensive line.

kobebryant

Reaction score
8 Ws until we lose one. 13-3. # 1 seed in NFC. Super Bowl Champs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Realistically, I'm thinking 10-6 the way our offense is looking.

Week 10 Giants: W. we own them here.
Week 11 KC: L. I don't think we have what it takes to win there, and their pass rushers will own our OL. I hope Russ makes it out of this one in one piece, to be honest.
Week 12 AZ: W. Because we have to. If we lose this one, it's probably over to be honest.
Week 13 Niners: L. I just have a bad feeling that we're going to be a little beat up by the Cards and will be worn out on a short week.
Week 14 Eagles: W. They might have more injuries than us. If their OL stays beat up, we'll get some pressure on Sanchez and that's all it takes with him. If we get to him, he'll throw us 3 picks.
Week 15 Niners: W. We will beat them at home again.
Week 16. Cards. L. We'll lose to them at their house this year. I just don't think we're solid enough on both sides of the ball to take them out the way they're playing at their house.
Week 17 Rams: W. We're going to throw a beat down on them for the crap they pulled down there. Even if we have nothing to play for.

Injuries can change a lot either way, and if we get hot, I can see us going 12-4 or 11-5. Niners at their house could go either way, depending on how they're playing. Usually, they get us barely. 10-6 could be enough to get into the playoffs, and it might take the division if we beat the Cards twice and the Niners once. If we want a Wildcard, we need to hang a loss on Philly. Other than that, most of these don't matter. Seriously, 4 games: 1 Niner loss, 2 Cards losses and 1 Philly loss and we're looking pretty good.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xmvf8x27 said:

Crazy as that may sound.
Yep, the NFC is not as strong as last year. 9-7 may even get the 6th seed.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Pessimistic Feel: 6-2 = 11-5 (@ KC, @ SF, @ PHI, or @ ARI)
Gut Feel: 7-1 (@ KC) = 12-4
Optimistic Feel: 8-0 = 13-3

Guaranteed Prediction: Seahawks will do no worse than 5-3 or 10-6, which means if Eagles (losing Foles/Ryans) and 49ers (if they lose to NO I think half that team will give up) fall off a little bit and Seahawks at least get tiebreakers over them, Seahawks will be in a fight with GB/DET for that 5th Seed with a firm hold for that 6th seed.

Erebus

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2aa7nill said:
I dont see us doing worse than 4-4, with that said..

9-7 we miss the playoffs
10-6 we are lucky to get 6 seed
11-5 we could get as low as 6 as high as 2
12-4 we get as low as 4 as high as 2
13-3 we most likely get the 1

The best thing we have going for us is we control our own destiny, 1-0 every week.

I don't see anyone finishing 13-3, so I think 12-4 would get us the #1 seed, unless the Cowboys also finish 12-4 (unlikely). However, I don't see any way we finish 12-4.

I think 10-6 would be a shoo-in for the wild card. I don't think we'd need any luck with that.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Hawks46":3am07feh said:
Realistically, I'm thinking 10-6 the way our offense is looking.
Week 14 Eagles: W. They might have more injuries than us. If their OL stays beat up, we'll get some pressure on Sanchez and that's all it takes with him. If we get to him, he'll throw us 3 picks.

Eagles just got Jason Kelce back last week and will be getting Evan Mathis back on Monday Night. The only OL they are down is Todd Herremans who is easily the weakest of the five starting lineman. Matt Tobin has looked great in his place. Eagles have the bulk of their line in tact again (finally).