P-Rich: Might Have Been Talked About

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
In the Gamd Day thread but...

Anyone seem to notice that for how often some people claim that he is a toothpick, he has sprung some really solid downfield blocks?

Even Lynch was a skeptic on his long reception, he looked like he hesitated if Richardson was going to stick his block or not, which allowed the pursuit to catch up, in which Lynch decides to try to bull-doze his way through and is essentially gang-tackled.

Its not Lynch's fault for not trusting an 185 pound twig for a rookie WR to trigger his NOS and drive his man downfield but if Lynch did and he would have made a decisive cut towards the sideline, it possible could have been a TD.

legend38

Reaction score
Honestly was yelling at the tv on this play. Richardson never quit. I love seeing a receiver push it to the end in a blocking situation.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Kearse should be behind both Norwood and Prich.

Kearse is my new Walters.

Largent80

Reaction score
I like the way the staff is incorporating both P-Rich and Norwood in the system so far.

They are getting valuable game exp. and doing well so far.

Norwood could be our new Rice.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Richardson is what Harvin should have been. Richardson is still young, learning the game, but he'll be the true deep-ball threat they need imo

pehawk

Reaction score
Either star PRich over Kearse, or give him a package of plays similar to Percy's.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Richardson may still turn out to be special but it will be interesting to follow the careers of the talented WRs we passed on. Thus far:

Jordan Matthews: 6'3" (We passed on him when trading down with the Lions) He has been very good for the Eagles and is the big bodied red-zone threat we're missing.

Martavis Bryant: 6'4" speedster. Has been dazzling for the Steelers last few weeks with 5 TDs in last 3 games. Still raw and will drop balls, but immense potential.

Allen Robinson: 6'2" On pace for nearly 80 catches as a rookie.

Davante Adams: 6'1" has been productive in the slot for the Packers while adjusting to the WC offense.

Add to these Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, and John Brown who have all flashed potential and Cody Lattimer who looked very good in preseason.

Takes a couple years to evaluate a draft, and all these guys play in different offenses, but initially I am a little worried we may have missed on a stud WR to select a complementary player like P-Rich. I wish I had more faith in the FO ability to evaluate WRs.

jblaze

Reaction score
Norwood will slowly start getting Kearse's reps. PRich isn't that type of receiver to get Kearse's reps, he'll get more of the flanker plays.

Kearse is a RFA at the end of the year and Norwood is a similar possession type player but with higher upside. They'll let Kearse walk in the offseason and Norwood will be the new #3.

It's hard to judge WR's in this offense due to few targets, etc but I like what I see so far. I would like to see a couple of more shots to PRich downfield though. The one he got two weeks ago was underthrown. Throw it out there and let the kid run underneath it. We need to stretch defenses to help the running and underneath game. We're not making the explosive plays downfield on playaction like we were last year to do that.

McGruff

Reaction score
I doubt Kearse will be let go during his RFA year. This team is about competing, and if you can get Kearse for a 1-2 million one year RFA contract, that pushes Norwood and others to step up.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":1fnxmwiq said:
I like the way the staff is incorporating both P-Rich and Norwood in the system so far.

They are getting valuable game exp. and doing well so far.

Norwood could be our new Rice.
Yup! The coaches are bringing them along at the right rate. It's pretty clear that P-rich and Norwood have the best hands on the team. They just need to keep grinding on their routes and building rapport with Wilson.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Largent80":3p2dpp4u said:
P-Rich should be playing more, and Kearse....... less.

Totally agree and that's not a knock on Kearse. Kearse himself would tell you he is never going to be a legit 1 or 2. Is Richardson capable of being a 1? Only one way to find out and no time like the present. At worst, he will be molded into a very dangerous 2. Either will require lots and lots of minutes.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Yes yes yes!!!! I am glad to see my fellow Seahawk brethren feeling the same way...

jlwaters1

Reaction score
What I like most about P-Rich and Norwood, is that they both are smooth, players. They catch the ball effortlessly..I can't wait to see how they develop throughout the year. I look forward to seeing them continue to earn more playing time.