Scruggs

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyone have any analysis on him? From my unfocused and casual eye, he's playing well. He's getting push and doing his job.

Kind of related, but not related, Hill coming back is huge. He is playing so well this year. He's not Mebane, but, no one is.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's doing fairly well. I believe he got an assist on Mebane's sack last week. He's kind of like SF's Justin Smith, he tries to tie people up so that the other guys can get loose and get the pressure.

I've listened to a lot of his interviews and he wants to do whatever it takes to help his teamates be successful. And he's improving week by week. I believe he's got the talent, he just needs the reps. And he needs to remain at 280. 310 was just too much weight for his frame.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":150kxxdq said:
He's doing fairly well. I believe he got an assist on Mebane's sack last week. He's kind of like SF's Justin Smith, he tries to tie people up so that the other guys can get loose and get the pressure.

I've listened to a lot of his interviews and he wants to do whatever it takes to help his teamates be successful. And he's improving week by week. I believe he's got the talent, he just needs the reps. And he needs to remain at 280. 310 was just too much weight for his frame.

Word.

Yeah, some of my nerdier twitter follows are singing his praises.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I like how Seattle has eased him in. His knee is probably still growing in strength and he is most likely experiencing soreness from scar tissue tearing.

Scruggs is a glue guy. He could be our next Big Red. Scruggs has one goal. Win.

Can y'all feel it. Can you sense the building tide.

I just hope Seattle does not peak too soon.

Jville

Reaction score
Brandon Mebane is playing the best ball of his career. He is exceptional. And yet, many of us over look Brandon until we are reminded of his weekly contributions. I am hopeful Scruggs' career will evolve in a similar fashion ..... wouldn't that be something to enjoy ...... as it unfolds.

Largent80

Reaction score
I have liked everything Iv'e seen from the guy so far. I am going to say right now, that this D-Line is going to be a terror for opponents in the 2nd half of the season. Hill has played nicely as well and could be back this week. Bennett has been getting off the ball like a rocket, same for Avril.

Bane is....... Insane in the Mebane..... Insane is the BANE !!!!!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I have high hopes for Scruggs, but then again I thought Mayowa would pan out as well, so theres that.

Bane is MAN! Gets next to no credit, but he is in the trenches every frigging down making OL nightmares come true. My Favorite Seahawk right now.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jville":1bulppwz said:
Brandon Mebane is playing the best ball of his career. He is exceptional. And yet, many of us over look Brandon until we are reminded of his weekly contributions. I am hopeful Scruggs' career will evolve in a similar fashion ..... wouldn't that be something to enjoy ...... as it unfolds.

DT is one of the most unsexy, yet essential, positions in football. They never get the credit they deserve because too many fans focus on sack numbers which isn't essential to outstanding DT play.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Is Scruggs rotating with Mebane? I thought he was rotating with McDaniel/Williams. I thought he was more of 3-tech DT which is different that what Mebane does at 1-tech. I could be wrong here.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1xkiey84 said:
Is Scruggs rotating with Mebane? I thought he was rotating with McDaniel/Williams. I thought he was more of 3-tech DT which is different that what Mebane does at 1-tech. I could be wrong here.

Amazingly no, you're not wrong. I know, right?

JK, pookie.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
pehawk":3aubmfib said:
hawkfan68":3aubmfib said:

JK, pookie.

haha!!! Finally got something right...Rotating Mebane with a capable 1-tech an issue that needs to be addressed. There is no one currently. If they can find that guy (hoping for Shelton in the next draft) then they can keep Mebane fresh. Mebane is a beast but it may help to give him a break or two during games. He's the only pure 1-tech on the team.

Largent80

Reaction score
Am I the only one that hates all this "tech" bullshit?

They play Defensive line. Not computers.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
My phone never sent the message, and I never cared to rewrite it but in the mid-season MVP thread Brandon Mebane was my choice. He's been consistently dominant all year and part of the reason why Wags was going off like an All-Pro.

On Scruggs its funny how only a few weeks ago, fans were calling him a bust and talking trash about him because he was cut essentially he was probably being a consummate team player, and swallowed the bullet for a week so the team could carry more DBs that week.

Fickle fans be fickle.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Scruggs' play has been very encouraging. Hill was getting nice pressure this season too (really great pressure on the Manning-Kam int).

And Mebane is that dude. Consistently available and excellent starter since 2007. Might be the guy starting next to Tez on the all-time Hawks defense.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3qje32gc said:
pehawk":3qje32gc said:
hawkfan68":3qje32gc said:

JK, pookie.

haha!!! Finally got something right...Rotating Mebane with a capable 1-tech an issue that needs to be addressed. There is no one currently. If they can find that guy (hoping for Shelton in the next draft) then they can keep Mebane fresh. Mebane is a beast but it may help to give him a break or two during games. He's the only pure 1-tech on the team.

You do know that Williams, McDaniel, Scruggs, and Hill can all play 1/3 Techs with the middle two able to play 5 tech. Versatility is mandatory with Quinn.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I think Scruggs is really good, but not that good. He's trending medium in a positive but restrained sort of way. I bet he'd be better if he made more big plays, but I don't want to sound like I'm reaching.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3okofgjt said:
I think Scruggs is really good, but not that good. He's trending medium in a positive but restrained sort of way. I bet he'd be better if he made more big plays, but I don't want to sound like I'm reaching.

I want to bite your face, lovingly. Way to honor midterm day by sounding like a politician.

XOXO

Jack Kemp

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He's injured now, so, in typical Seahawks fashion, the point has become moot(*_*)

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2ei8k06a said:
He's injured now, so, in typical Seahawks fashion, the point has become moot(*_*)

Huh? Last team comment on it was Pete saying "DE Greg Scruggs is day-to-day with a sore knee, though Carroll noted Scruggs didn’t injure his surgically repaired knee, but rather that he was sore."

How is it moot?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Mebane has been a beast himself this year. Ditto on the team MVP vote, on the D side of the ball.