Pinkins NOT going to be activated this year

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/529773159328018432[/tweet]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Eh.. not a surprise. The kid is a project, much like Simon was a year ago. Basically this is JS using the IR list as a virtual redshirt.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29zi004n said:
Eh.. not a surprise. The kid is a project, much like Simon was a year ago. Basically this is JS using the IR list as a virtual redshirt.

With all the other issues this team has, we don't really have the space to keep a guy active in the hopes of getting him time in blowout games for experience, so this was the most likely scenario. It does slow his development, but it's a minor sacrifice under the current circumstances

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He was more like 'Stinkins' while he was healthy. He needs the entire off season and preseason just to have a chance. Big project.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Good move. Let the kid develope like we did with Tharold Simon. Pinkins is 6'3" 220 lbs and runs a 4.44 40yd. Lets see these guys mold him down the road into a Safety if he doesn't convert to CB.

King Dog

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, he was getting torched by Richardson in OTA's and camp maybe, and Richardson hasn't torched anyone since - that I've seen anyway.

raisethe3

Reaction score
This situation kind of reminds me of Simon. But not worried, he will probably come back next season with more motivation.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Pinkins seems to be a speed/size project (kind of like Maxwell when he started here).

Maybe he will work out, maybe he won't. Either way, he was a late round pick so I don't sweat it too much.