Trip to Seattle

Lennie

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forums and have a question.

My wife and myself are coming to Seattle for her birthday this coming weekend to go to the sounders game on Monday . We had originally planned to leave Monday morning and stay 2 days. It dawned on us it might be fun as an adventure to leave on Sunday and go to the seahawks game also.

My question is, would it be hard to get tickets outside the stadium the day of the game? Getting a hotel should be doable but we are concerned about getting tickets. If we can't get tickets, where is the best place to watch the game near downtown?

Thanks for any help, go Hawks!! :)

OP
OP
Lennie

Lennie

Reaction score
Perhaps posted in the wrong section. Can I move this post?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
If you are serious about going to the game just go online to stubhub or the like and get them. That way you got them and everything is taken care of.

If you dont know if you are going or not then that of course is a different matter.

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2g39x9rz said:
If you are serious about going to the game just go online to stubhub or the like and get them. That way you got them and everything is taken care of.

If you dont know if you are going or not then that of course is a different matter.

Tickets online right now appear to be over $200 each even for the cheapest seats, that may be out of his price range. They DO have a tendency to fall in price as we get closer to the game, and plenty are available on the street....but they still may be more than OP wants to spend.

If you want to be able to go for sure, then definitely pull the trigger on tickets online - if you want to take a chance on cheaper seats, then if you wait until ALMOST game time, then sellers will likely start to panic and you will get your best price. There IS the chance that you miss out that way or that you can't get two tickets together (you are more subject to what is available than if you pick and choose online).

Hope this helps

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yes, there's a big distortion in the market that happens about three days out. StubHub only allows listings at that point where the tickets have been uploaded to them -- and most sellers don't do this -- so what often happens is that Wednesday evening or Thursday morning things get really weird, with prices going all over the place.

NFL Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange doesn't have this restriction so things are generally more orderly, but there is again a bit of a floor i.e. a lot of people will be adjusting prices downward as the game gets closer, but at some point, often Friday or thereabouts, people give up and take tickets down and offer them to friends or whatever...

Short version. I agree with earlier posters that if you want to be sure you are getting into the game, buy two tickets online, and just watch the pricing, a lot, over the next 24 to 48 hours. You'll get a sense of when the timing is right. Keep in mind that even nosebleeds are face value $65 or $75 and so if you can get a ticket for $100 or so that's a pretty decent deal all things considered.

Conversely, again agreeing with PP, if you just want to get in as cheaply as possible, and don't care if you don't sit together, or don't care where you sit, or don't care if you don't get in at all, then take cash downtown, wait until a few minutes before kickoff, and try to find a seller in a panic.

Prices for this game were somewhat high, I thought, given that not many fans will be coming from NY to see the game, so I think there's a better chance than normal for people to get stuck with tickets.

Good luck!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If you go the route of buying tickets outside the stadium just before game time, take along a printed version of the seating chart so you can compare available seating options.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2y3zm1ng said:
If you go the route of buying tickets outside the stadium just before game time, take along a printed version of the seating chart so you can compare available seating options.

Yeah, and recognize that it's a higher risk option, beyond the availability and other issues, if you are buying online there are guarantees and whatnot for most of the major vendors whereas there are definitely counterfeits and bogus tickets floating around in the parking lot...

OP
OP
Lennie

Lennie

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3hou3bm5 said:
onanygivensunday":3hou3bm5 said:

Yeah, and recognize that it's a higher risk option, beyond the availability and other issues, if you are buying online there are guarantees and whatnot for most of the major vendors whereas there are definitely counterfeits and bogus tickets floating around in the parking lot...

Thanks for the help. Yeah I was only concerned about bogus and counterfeit tickets. But if we don't get tickets hey, downtown seems to have a lot of great places to watch the game!

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Lennie":131xwlhk said:
BocciHawk":131xwlhk said:
onanygivensunday":131xwlhk said:

Thanks for the help. Yeah I was only concerned about bogus and counterfeit tickets. But if we don't get tickets hey, downtown seems to have a lot of great places to watch the game!

If you don't get tickets, there's a place about 20 minutes walk from the stadium called the Yardhouse. It's a sports bar with 130 beers on tap and some really good food. I suggest the Lamburger.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
IM me. I'm debating selling my tickets to this Sunday's game to a fellow hawk fan as I'm saving for a Disney Trip with the fam.

OP
OP
Lennie

Lennie

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3lxvr89m said:
IM me. I'm debating selling my tickets to this Sunday's game to a fellow hawk fan as I'm saving for a Disney Trip with the fam.

Message sent