Sherman on Simon

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sherman was up Live after Pete at the podium and was asked about how Simon has been doing. His response was interesting. Sherman said that he thinks Simon is slightly ahead of where Sherman was at that point in his career.

Reaction score
Man if thats the case could Maxwell slide inside and play nickel? Could be deadly!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":bbxx8mqd said:
Man if thats the case could Maxwell slide inside and play nickel? Could be deadly!

If Simon continues to improve at his current rate, the odds are that Maxwell would likely move on. This is the last year of his deal, and as good as he is, someone will offer him more money to be their number 1 than we can offer to keep him at number 2.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It was obvious to see in pre season that Sherman had taken Simon under his wing,
helping him out and reassuring him after his pick 6 against the Chargers got taken away
by a bad P.I. call.

I'm liking what Simon is doing, and hopefully he stays healthy. He gives us a bit more size than Maxwell (no disrespect to Byron)

Largent80

Reaction score
Maxwell needs to get his butt back in there and he needs to play well if and when he does. We have several players in contract years that are underachieving and I would say he is one of them in spite of being picked on more.

If RS is seeing that, it is very good for our future if the guy can stay on the field.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm REALLY excited to see Maxwell/Lane/Simon all healthy at the same time.. I think our secondary may actually be better than last years with all these guys healthy.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
That's encouraging coming from Sherman and love to see the mentoring, Simon needs it. I don't remember Sherman with the bone headed stuff at that point in his career but I'm sure Sherm's on it... and probably more an indication of a difference in maturity of a decorated Standford grad vs a LA State sports history major with a minor in coloring.

mikeak

Reaction score
I agree. Simon trash talks way more on the field than Sherman does even now

Calm down just a joke :)

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
kidhawk":1kdv21wq said:
coorslighthawk":1kdv21wq said:

If Simon continues to improve at his current rate, the odds are that Maxwell would likely move on. This is the last year of his deal, and as good as he is, someone will offer him more money to be their number 1 than we can offer to keep him at number 2.

My line of thinking exactly. I would bet that Simon takes over for Maxwell next year, (after he bolts for the largest free agency offer he can find).

There are too many teams in the NFL who need starting CB's and I see them starting Sherman/Simon with Lane as the slot CB and Pinkins and an UDFA rookie fighting it out perhaps for #4. Since we traded for Burley they might keep him around as well.

gargantual

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":38ws4ihi said:
I'm REALLY excited to see Maxwell/Lane/Simon all healthy at the same time.. I think our secondary may actually be better than last years with all these guys healthy.

How crazy is that after losing Browner? He hardly played last year, but his attitude is definitely resurrected in Simon!

We're a regular corner machine here in the PNW, and I doubt anyone is saying it's a fluke (if they ever DID). Having that be a sustainable resource is gonna be great to watch going forward!

rigelian

Reaction score
Simon reminds me of Sherman when he first started playing for the Seahawks. He got a few personal fouls for taunting, he was sometimes over aggressive. I think he will eventually part the pieces together.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I thought Simon would have a solid year (I even thought he would lead the team in picks, since most teams would avoid Sherm and Thomas and go after the rest of the DB's), but that hasn't happened. Oh well, he still looks like he could be a solid starter or 3rd CB next year, since he seems to need to mature a little bit.

It's cool that Sherm likes Simon and I hope he can be at or near Sherman's level in a year or two, but until he puts some solid games together in a row it will be hard to tell if he as good a most think he can be.