Why Russell Wilson is perplexed...

Rocket

Reaction score
“I don’t think I played well at all, for whatever reason,” Wilson said. “And usually I know why. Usually I know why if something is off footwork-wise or whatever. That’s usually something I try to find out throughout the game so I can adjust. But, you know, I felt like I was in it. Just whatever I was trying to do, it wasn't working." http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... 03xml.html

He's clearly been off the last few weeks. Some suggest a hidden injury, but I think the reported locker room issues are the cause. I'm betting that the alleged Harvin argument and the alleged whiteness comment and other possibilities are just weighing on the dude, whether they're true or simply media BS. Perhaps the rumors of his robot-ness are exaggerated and he's a mere mortal like the rest of us.

After all, he's just 25 and his last few years have been quite a ride.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Rocket":31zgq3e8 said:
“I don’t think I played well at all, for whatever reason,” Wilson said. “And usually I know why. Usually I know why if something is off footwork-wise or whatever. That’s usually something I try to find out throughout the game so I can adjust. But, you know, I felt like I was in it. Just whatever I was trying to do, it wasn't working." http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... 03xml.html

He's clearly been off the last few weeks. Some suggest a hidden injury, but I think the reported locker room issues are the cause. I'm betting that the alleged Harvin argument and the alleged whiteness comment and other possibilities are just weighing on the dude, whether they're true or simply media BS. Perhaps the rumors of his robot-ness are exaggerated and he's a mere mortal like the rest of us.

After all, he's just 25 and his last few years have been quite a ride.

Makes me think he was forcing it. Probably just trying a little too hard after a poor start.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
At 2:06 of the 2nd quarter, Wilson got smoked by Justin Tuck.

After the 2 minute warning, Seattle went small ball for quite a while after that. I think Russ was dinged on that play.

SeaChase

Reaction score
He's suppose to say it's the fault of the O-line, WR's, OC, and probably his ex wife...

AVL

Reaction score
He knows not to throw anyone but himself under the bus. No reason for him to give an accurate answer.

The real problem is his addiction to game winning drives. We need to reprogram him into thinking every drive is the last drive of the game.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
AVL":20139fd4 said:
He knows not to throw anyone but himself under the bus. No reason for him to give an accurate answer.

The real problem is his addiction to game winning drives. We need to reprogram him into thinking every drive is the last drive of the game.

I think we need to more re-program that into our OC....

SeaChase

Reaction score
bbsplitter":whdpu4e6 said:
AVL":whdpu4e6 said:

That's what I was thinking. The offense does marvelous things during the two minute drill. The OC needs to incorporate that into the entire game.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
SeaChase":6xju9pg2 said:
bbsplitter":6xju9pg2 said:
AVL":6xju9pg2 said:

That's what I was thinking. The offense does marvelous things during the two minute drill. The OC needs to incorporate that into the entire game.

Seriously, when I watch our offensive their is a lack of immediacy how they go about drives, until it really matters, like you said in the 2 minute drill.

SeaChase

Reaction score
There's been some exciting, nail biting finishes but I prefer a dominant performance. It's much better for the heart.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If he was going to have a bad game due to the issues with Harvin, it would have been the Rams game. He had one of his best games this year.

With all the injuries to key players, folding in two rookie receivers, and lack of cohesion on the O-line, we are lucky not to be 3-5. We had to "vanilla" down an already stagnant playbook with subs, and a entirely new play selection with Harvin no longer here.

If anything, the way he has played given the circumstance is better than most QB's could do.

Erebus

Reaction score
If his goal is to make every week a championship week and go 1-0, he should apply that same mentality to every drive. Every week could make the difference between missing the playoffs, playing the playoffs on the road, or getting HFA. Every drive in a game could be the difference between winning and losing.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
Nobody else is stepping up on offense, except Lynch. How many games in a row can he single handedly win it in the final two minutes for us? The pressure on the kid has to be immense. The line has to give him much more protection than it has the last couple of weeks. With some of the injuried returning this week, that "should" improve. I think he'll return to his old self on Sunday.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Kansashawkfan":2kcm19bs said:
Nobody else is stepping up on offense, except Lynch. How many games in a row can he single handedly win it in the final two minutes for us? The pressure on the kid has to be immense. The line has to give him much more protection than it has the last couple of weeks. With some of the injuried returning this week, that "should" improve. I think he'll return to his old self on Sunday.

I have a feeling one of the rookie WR's will step up, and I think it's going to be Norwood. He's finally healthy and getting some reps. He made a couple of nice grabs last game.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
SeaChase":u7cmhx3n said:
Kansashawkfan":u7cmhx3n said:

I have a feeling one of the rookie WR's will step up, and I think it's going to be Norwood. He's finally healthy and getting some reps. He made a couple of nice grabs last game.

I hope you are right. The line has to firm up though for RW to have time to hit Norwood. (or Rich).

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Pretty sure the answer is that his offensive line and TE blocking has been bad mostly due to injuries and receivers aren't getting the separation to play with the anticipation needed from a shaky pocket. Nit saying he hasn't been off and that its not on him just my observations.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1ipn5ogp said:
SeaChase":1ipn5ogp said:
bbsplitter":1ipn5ogp said:
AVL":1ipn5ogp said:

Seriously, when I watch our offensive their is a lack of immediacy how they go about drives, until it really matters, like you said in the 2 minute drill.

Well, we have this ponderous pace to our offense, mostly due to Pete's love of ball control offense. I would like to see us go to a quicker, up tempo offense once in a while, just to be unpredictable and take the opposing defense by surprise. Think of us plodding along, then the next drive we come out and start cranking down the field. Quick runs, quick passes. Once in a while throw in a no huddle for the hell of it (as long as the defense has been kept rested). I guess I'm just silly, but I believe in tricking the defense and keeping them guessing.

As to Russ's last game, there's no way that crappy OL didn't affect him. Seriously, every QB in the league gets a bit jittery and has happy feet when you start pounding them. Even durable guys like Cam and Big Ben don't like getting pounded all game; it throws off their rhythm. So, Wilson is getting immediate pressure a lot and getting jacked up, yet we're supposed to believe it doesn't affect him ? If he admits to it, other teams start blitzing him and beating the hell out of him.

lobohawk

Reaction score
One of the most important facets of a QB's play in consistency. With an unsettled line (injuries and new guys) and a shifting gameplan (pre-post Harvin), Russell has lacked much of this. You can say this is true for most QBs and it bears out. The injuries to the Chargers finally caught up with Rivers, when Peyton had issues with his line last year, Brady early in the year.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Kansashawkfan":3ot7fz0w said:

I put it less on the players and more the OC. There's no way his playcalling ALLOWS for someone to step up. When you should run, we throw, when we should throw, we run, it sets the players up to fall short. I'm very happy with the way Norwood and Richardson are working themselves into the game since Harvin's departure.

I'll tell you why he's perplexed, it's not the same team. Literally. The injuries to our starters is out of this world. The reason, I think, he can't figure out what's wrong, is because with this group of guys, they haven't figured out what's right yet. There's not basis for comparison, it's been a "let's stay afloat" mentality. But this week, oh this week, Unger, Kam, Lane, Okung, all back. Oh my god that's going to feel good. And the week after we get Miller, Maxwell and Wagner and BOOM! The gang's back together just in time for that brutal end of the season stretch.

Latest posts