Going to the game this weekend - need help

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Going to my first Seahawks football game since 2002, when Mike Holmgren was still here. I still remember that, was so fun to go to(albeit I was very young when I went). Going with my mom who's going for the first time. We have a flight tomorrow and we'll go home on Monday.

Anything to expect?
I hear we should take a bus to the stadium. Should we?

We used to live in Seattle, and visit Seattle quite frequently, so we know what the traffic is like, unfortunately.

How early should we plan to get there? We might have an early lunch before we go to the game. Recommend any restaurants close to the stadium?

Thanks. Very excited to finally watch my Seahawks!

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2dhdpm16 said:
Going to my first Seahawks football game since 2002, when Mike Holmgren was still here. I still remember that, was so fun to go to(albeit I was very young when I went). Going with my mom who's going for the first time. We have a flight tomorrow and we'll go home on Monday.

Anything to expect?
I hear we should take a bus to the stadium. Should we?

We used to live in Seattle, and visit Seattle quite frequently, so we know what the traffic is like, unfortunately.

How early should we plan to get there? We might have an early lunch before we go to the game. Recommend any restaurants close to the stadium?

Thanks. Very excited to finally watch my Seahawks!

Where are you coming in from? If you do wish to take the bus, there are a few designated "Seahawks Shuttles" that will take you directly to and from the game.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you are flying in then the light rail is a no-brainer. You can stay near the airport and take it to the game, or stay downtown and take it to your hotel. You'll want stadium exit if you are getting there early to visit Touchdown City (10:00 am NFL games + $5 beer + $3 stale hot dogs + bands + DJ + local AM radio).

Pre-game it probably depends on what your mom likes. There are plenty of local bars with pub fare but not really any decent restaurants in the area. Plenty of chains - jimmy john's, subways, taco del mar, then ivar's and red robin down on the waterfront. Uwajimaya has a super cheap asian food court which you will like or not based on that description. Personally I go early to catch the 10:00 am games at Touchdown City, but if I was going with my mom I would probably go in a lot later and show up maybe 30 minutes before kick off.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
went to my first seahawks game last year against the saints on the Monday night football..wow what a experience as im used to English soccer games.i will be there for 49ers game on dec 14th and cant wait.
if like me you are not sure..we got the light rail which was good and went to touchdown city.We don't have things for the fans like that in England and hell it works..i was very impressed ( the wife wasn't when she saw my pic with a seagal but that's another story).
for food we went down the waterfront and found a local bar before touchdown city opened.even though it was cold it was great to mingle amongst the fans on the street.maybe others here may know but im interested to know what the hawks nest bar opposite the stadium is like on a matchday..if good I may try it.

enjoy your day..i fulfilled a dream and I cant wait to relive that dream next month,

go hawks

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1dxbg4c2 said:
This is an excellent write up

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=86319

Thanks for the link. We're flying from Boise and we're staying with friends who live in Edmonds for the other questions. We are familiar with the area.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3kn58bpf said:
Hasselbeck":3kn58bpf said:

Thanks for the link. We're flying from Boise and we're staying with friends who live in Edmonds for the other questions. We are familiar with the area.

Thanks for the tips guys.
You can catch the Sounder at the train station in Edmonds. $7 roundtrip.