Pete's Friday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

It's scheduled for 1:30 but the video feed just went live, so it's likely to be early today.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cool, just opened a Flipside red IPA and looking forward to this on a 90 degree day.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1esyyv7z said:
Cool, just opened a Flipside red IPA and looking forward to this on a 90 degree day.

Sounds a lot better than sitting at my desk at work on a 30 degree day :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like they went live early to give Wilson an award, so I'm guessing Pete will be up in a bit....actually he's up now

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
On injuries..

Unger and Okung will both play

Carpenter isn't back yet....game day decision

Bailey will back up for Carpenter

Schilling may or may not be available

Maxwell practiced. Need to see how he recovers. Game Day decision.

Lane is anxious to get out there. He's not active yet so no word on who is moving to make room

Smith is making good progress

Kam is also a game day decision

Johnson would go if Kam doesn't

Dobbs is going to help us in special teams. He can play inside and outside. Fit in well and learned quickly

Same for the new TE. will see how he fits in but did well in practice.

Lynch was full practice and is good to go

Baldwin is fine and should go on Sunday

That's it for today

Largent80

Reaction score
That was actually funny for the most part, and Kid, I'll channel up about 30 degrees for ya...... :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":24dmq50p said:
That was actually funny for the most part, and Kid, I'll channel up about 30 degrees for ya...... :thirishdrinkers:

Yeah, they were having some fun today. Everyone seemed in a good mood today. Much better than the way they went after the whole percy debacle.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the following:

Good to go: Baldwin, Lynch, Okung, Unger, Lane.

Out: Kam, Carp, Maxwell, Smith, Schilling.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1gho5mpe said:
Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the following:

Good to go: Baldwin, Lynch, Okung, Unger, Lane.

Out: Kam, Carp, Maxwell, Smith, Schilling.

I think Schilling will be ready to go. They didn't plan on playing him last week, but with Carpenter out, he ended up getting a few snaps. I think he may not play but with all the injuries, and the chances for re-injury, Schilling will be active, with the hopes he doesn't have to play. At least that's what I took from the way pete was talking.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Getting Unger, Okung, and Lane back would be huge.

Johnson should be able to fill in for Kam. Simon for Maxwell. Coyle for Wagner. And Bailey for Carpenter.

Lane gives us depth at all three corner spots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Disappointed that Kam probably isn't going to play.

Hopefully this is more precautionary in order to have him available for the rest of the season, rather than something serious. Kam himself says it's almost impossible to keep him off the field, so this tells me it's more serious than just "managing" his pain for the rest of the year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kam has been dinged up since the Charger game in week 2. He's a stud, he's sucking it up and playing through it. Could use more of this kind of toughness on the OL.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks for doing this for those of us that can't watch this while we work Kid.

Getting Unger and Okung back will be huge, especially if Okung is actually healthy. Bailey is at least as good as Carp on the interior.

Johnson is a huge upgrade to Shead. We'll obviously miss Kam, but as dinged up as he's been, Johnson isn't a huge downgrade from him honestly. Simon gets another start and another chance to get experience and improve.

We're getting there. This squad is easily good enough to squash the Giants.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wish Kam had just gotten surgery after the Chargers game now. He would be returning very soon and he would be 100% for the rest of the year.

Instead, he got even more banged up and looks like he's going to be hobbled all the way to the end of the season. And he's missing time anyway.

Exittium

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3o370uwe said:
Wish Kam had just gotten surgery after the Chargers game now. He would be returning very soon and he would be 100% for the rest of the year.

Instead, he got even more banged up and looks like he's going to be hobbled all the way to the end of the season. And he's missing time anyway.

Sadly I wish he did to. He's going to be on and off the field all season now, and possibly mess stuff even more. I mean kudos to the kid for trying to tough it out, but eventually something needs to be done.