Showing my age..."Inside the Seahawks"

CentralPAHawkFan

Reaction score
Does anyone remember back in the day when the Seahawks used to publish a paper magazine called "Inside the Seahawks"? I was moving some boxes around in my basement and found an old copy and the memories flooded back.

When i was a kid my parents used to buy me a subscription every yr for xmas. I used to look forward to that arriving each week during the season (monthly during offseason i believe). Was great since I lived on east coast.

With the internet and media now a days, cant imagine it ever coming back. But finding the old copy made me laugh. That newspaper lookin mag rocked.

I know some of you on here know what i am talking about?

nepahawk

Reaction score
I also subscribed to the paper.
The only problem was, by the time I got the paper in PA, it was like a week old.
Still loved it, it was the only way to get Hawk info on the east coast.

blkhwk

Reaction score
I had it also.....My good friend still has some issues. They are not in very good shape, wish I would have kept them all. Even had the very first one.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
nepahawk":3sd0pqur said:
I also subscribed to the paper.
The only problem was, by the time I got the paper in PA, it was like a week old.
Still loved it, it was the only way to get Hawk info on the east coast.

Same here. I think I still have some packed away. I'll have to take a look over the weekend.

JonRud

Reaction score
Yes I used to get it here in NJ. Only way to follow the team in the 80's. I think I used to write in letters to the paper.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I used to get it. Think I still have them all. Loved getting it. The only problem was the last couple of years it was published, the issues started to get later and later in their arrival and they even missed a few printings. I remember that whoever it was that published it was losing money or something and it just fizzled out. If memory serves me it was right around the time that "home computers" started to get popular.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Oh yes fond memories. I remember using an article from an issue of the Hawks beating New England in Foxboro where we scored like 17 points in the the final 5 minutes (or so) for my keyboarding class in high school.

captSE

Reaction score
I subscribed to that too back in the early 1990's.
I remember they had a contest to give the defense a nick name. I submitted two choices for the contest.

1. Birds with a attitude (because of the portrayed attitude of the seahawk bird and the eyes).
2. Blue Thunder - yes, BLUE THUNDER!

Everytime the drum team plays, I wonder how they chose their name......haha.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Mid to late 80's, I had a subscription and I used to go to a place in Albuquerque that sold the Seattle Sunday paper for my weekly fix too. Man oh man, the memories are flooding back. I also remember MAILING in my fantasy football picks and forgetting that I had done so until a check for $100 showed up after the season.