Insider Info Related

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My source just told me that insider team news will be slowed to a crawl if at all. He said the team took the players aside and reinforced the importance to keep team-related news that is meant to stay inside team walls, inside team walls and not leaked. Apparently to yahoos like me. :D

I know this player doesn't want anyone to get in trouble, including himself, so we shall see if the insider info stops or not.

titan3131

Reaction score
John Schneider believes

Loose lips sink ships.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Funny that the information that insider news will be slowed was leaked.

HawkWow

Reaction score
My guy remains fairly consistent.. but I don't ask him much. I do know he tells me the truth, though. I know this because he told me last week that he doesn't know if he will be asked back next year or not. Apparently he's on a 1 year deal and that was some inside I was unaware of. Big move for he and his family for a 1 year deal.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cartire":3mnmk0f1 said:
Any specific reasoning?

My guess is that the Seahawks, who watch .NET daily, (front office peeps) saw the post I made on my source breaking news on Okung's torn labrum weeks before it became fact. Well nobody else in the nation had that information, including Adam Schefter. It was truth.

Those within the organization saw that and probably had a flipping cow.

I can only imagine Dave Pearson..."Who's the mole?? WHO'S THE MOLE?!?!?!?"

By God as I stand before you all, that man will never have the answer from me.

So the reason is clear. There is no way that front office wants to allow a fan site to have insider information, period. Actually, let me be more clear. There is no way that front office wants to allow ANYONE to have insider information, period.

I get it, I totally do. Like I've said before, I would never release anything I thought could be damaging to someone's reputation, no matter how juicy the story is (#TMZ).

My source has definitely kept quiet since Harvin's trade. I will say that much.

I have information about player's personalities or shortcomings behind the scenes but that's not my bag. If I found out a player had a hidden injury, or a player was not going to be expected back any time soon no matter what the media says (*cough Wagner *cough), I would say so in a heartbeat. Because to me, that's information I feel most 12's would benefit the most from. The former is TMZ garbage IMO.

If I hear anything more from my source within the guidelines I mentioned, I will be happy to provide that here in these walls of .NET and only .NET.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I posted in a couple threads that Percy Harvin's behavior and history checks a lot, lot of boxes for Borderline Personality Disorder as a primary issue. If there was a stigmatizing mental health issue like that one (quacks like a duck...etc...) for Harvin, I would sure expect the Seattle FO and whole team to keep it tightly under wraps. The only NFL player who is diagnosed with BPD and has gone public with it is Brandon Marshall of the Bears. The way Seattle handled it added to the boxes checked.

I'll know not to expect "inside source" confirmation from you on that one.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
olyfan63":uytcavef said:

There has been zero talk about Percy from my source which to me is pretty telling all by itself. The very topic may transcend chit chat that leads to insider information. I've been privy to a lot of insider info this year but none of it has involved Percy. It's like UFOs. You may think you have clearance (insider info) but when it comes to certain Need To Know topics, ya really don't.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Aros":36gscxyk said:
Cartire":36gscxyk said:
Any specific reasoning?

My guess is that the Seahawks, who watch .NET daily, (front office peeps) saw the post I made on my source breaking news on Okung's torn labrum weeks before it became fact. Well nobody else in the nation had that information, including Adam Schefter. It was truth.

So the reason is clear. There is no way that front office wants to allow a fan site to have insider information, period. Actually, let me be more clear. There is no way that front office wants to allow ANYONE to have insider information, period.

I get it, I totally do. Like I've said before, I would never release anything I thought could be damaging to someone's reputation, no matter how juicy the story is (#TMZ).

I have information about player's personalities or shortcomings behind the scenes but that's not my bag. If I found out a player had a hidden injury, or a player was not going to be expected back any time soon no matter what the media says (*cough Wagner *cough), I would say so in a heartbeat. Because to me, that's information I feel most 12's would benefit the most from. The former is TMZ garbage IMO.

If I hear anything more from my source within the guidelines I mentioned, I will be happy to provide that here in these walls of .NET and only .NET.
You're painting a picture that is like something out of the late-era Jordan Bulls, with Jerry Rhinesdorf screaming for heads.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Aros":k85o06kk said:
Cartire":k85o06kk said:
Any specific reasoning?

Does it bug you when the local media reporters (for example, when asked about Okungs torn labrum by fans) completely discount you and other fans as a source of insider information by labelling you and others like you as a rumour mongerer? Apparently they are not willing to acknowledge that any fan of the team can obtain legitimate insider info on the team.

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":20e3kgu7 said:
Cartire":20e3kgu7 said:
Any specific reasoning?

I can't tell if you're being facetious due to our prior conversation on the topic, or if you're saying "you were right Cartire". Either seem probable.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Aros":lkwqh1qz said:
olyfan63":lkwqh1qz said:

There has been zero talk about Percy from my source which to me is pretty telling all by itself. The very topic may transcend chit chat that leads to insider information. I've been privy to a lot of insider info this year but none of it has involved Percy. It's like UFOs. You may think you have clearance (insider info) but when it comes to certain Need To Know topics, ya really don't.

Same here. I was basically told not to ask a word about Harvin and that if I did, I should expect to be ignored. He made clear the subject of Harvin was off limits and said it in a way that made me believe that message was hammered home to him and all. I'm sure I will get more this off-season, though. It's much easier to ward me off by phone than in person. ; )

fenderbender123

Reaction score
So your source never gave you any juicy gossip about Harvin...and ever since Harvin left you haven't heard from your source...

Was Harvin your source? :shock:

HawkWow

Reaction score
fenderbender123":129xkjmf said:
So your source never gave you any juicy gossip about Harvin...and ever since Harvin left you haven't heard from your source...

Was Harvin your source? :shock:

Nope...and I've never had a venereal decease, either. LOL.

The guy I know listened to me rant like crazy about the Harvin signing. And he wasn't even with the club at the time. He knows my feelings about Harvin, and just 2 guys talking, he agreed with me. But knowing well his past, who wouldn't?

This is the guy's 1st gig in the pros. He was not even remotely close to that prior to this year, but he has known Pete 'for a long time". He played college ball and was recruited by Pete (though he played elsewhere). I really expected nothing but Pete-speak from him (this year) but he has actually been more generous than I anticipated. Even sending me pics of him at camp, with players etc. But I don't ask a lot because it's kind of uncool to do. Now, with him concerned about not being back next year, I am going to leave him alone to focus entirely on saving his job. But I will gladly take what he gives, of course.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your question correctly. No, he won't speak of Harvin but yes I have heard from him several times since Harvin's departure. I should say here that 90% of our conversations are quick hellos via text. They typically go like:

Him: "Man, Richardson has some wheels, I don't know that I've ever been around a faster player".

Me: How's his drops...is he hanging onto the ball in practice?

Him: "Excellent hands and tracks the ball really well...he's going to be solid"

So it's all rather casual. We speak of other topics as much as football.

Hawks46

Reaction score
No more insider info ? What good are you then, Aros ? :D

Just kidding, just kidding. If this had to do with .NET, put me on top of the list of private PM's to send out if you get insider info and don't want it to get leaked. I held a top secret security clearance in the military. I can kinda keep a secret.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well I for one am quite happy you have been cut off from telling insider information on a public fan site. No typical fan has the right to such information in the first place and if they do it should only be talked about privately and behind the scenes if ever until they're no longer Seahawks.