Walter Jones VS...

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
So I was having a discussion with friends and the subject of Walter Jones vs JJ Watt came up.

They line up differently from each other but hypothetically speaking... how would Walter Jones do against JJ Watt?

sturg78

Reaction score
I think in his prime Jones would destroy him. Watt is crazy strong but Walt was another level. He buried Rucker who was a big d end in the nfc ccg... I am biased obviously.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Walt would shut him out. JJ is amazing but Walt made amazing players disappear for games.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Seriously?
Starting in each of his 180 games in Seattle, the Seahawks attempted more than 5,500 passes with Jones on the field, while Jones gave up a total of only 23 quarterback sacks, and was penalized for holding just nine times.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Walter in his prime neutralized all of the top DE's at the time, Watt wouldn't be any different.

irocdave

Reaction score
I love JJ Watts game, but Walt in his prime would have made him invisible in the stat chart. Just like he did with the best DE's in the game when he played. It was really weird, guys that played over him just seemed to be disappear during a game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
By the 5th play, the Houston DC would have moved JJ Watt to the other side of the line.

irocdave

Reaction score
Yep, Walt was like a black hole. Anyone near him just disappeared during the game.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Walter Jones is an All time Monster.

JJ Watt is an over rated taint. Aldon Smith, JPP, Quinn...hell, people don't remember Neil Smith, Kevin Greene or Leslie O'Neal. Watt is Julius Peppers 2.0

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Big Walt would win, but Watt would have some success against him. Watt's a transcendental player; some people here aren't giving him due credit...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Walt could start for us even now. I have no doubt that a k in his prime he would have handled any player today's NFL has to offer including Watt. I also agree with the poster above that Watt would move though.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2rnfkfa5 said:
Walter Jones is an All time Monster.

JJ Watt is an over rated taint. Aldon Smith, JPP, Quinn...hell, people don't remember Neil Smith, Kevin Greene or Leslie O'Neal. Watt is Julius Peppers 2.0

I would trade a lot of picks for a guaranteed Julius Peppers 3.0 tho.

A

Anonymous

Topic restored after work completed under the hood.

Discuss...