c mike

sedrohawk

Reaction score
avg 17.8 yds per carry today. making a case to be the #2 running back behind lynch.

Rat

Reaction score
That was largely on one run with a hole that Bevell himself could have run for 20+ through. Better than him having a lousy outing, but I need to see a lot more from him.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Need to see him with more touches, even if I hold my breath whenever I see Turbin as the Hback.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm baffled that people keep implying they need to see more like he sucks. The guy flashed some special talent today and has when given the chance. Even a few of his third down conversion runs this year were extremely good runs. The guy is a special talent and fans should be excited we have a guy like that behind Lynch.

I've been as frustrated as anyone that he hasn't gotten on the field more but he's looked great when given the chance. I don't understand all the hate with him.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Rat":4rslek58 said:
That was largely on one run with a hole that Bevell himself could have run for 20+ through. Better than him having a lousy outing, but I need to see a lot more from him.

Yeah, the hole was so big on that one run play Tukuafa could've made good yards on that one. But I did like the pitch play with Lynch as FB on 3rd and short and RW pitched it to CMike for a good gain. Need to see more touches for him before I'd make him #2.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great game for Michael. I'm done with Turbin. I see no upside with him honestly

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
austinslater25":3496qyu8 said:
I'm baffled that people keep implying they need to see more like he sucks. The guy flashed some special talent today and has when given the chance. Even a few of his third down conversion runs this year were extremely good runs. The guy is a special talent and fans should be excited we have a guy like that behind Lynch.

I've been as frustrated as anyone that he hasn't gotten on the field more but he's looked great when given the chance. I don't understand all the hate with him.

I don't think people have any hate towards him. It's just his playing time has been so limited, people would like a larger sample size.

HawkWow

Reaction score
austinslater25":6ct0goh2 said:

He's not proven to be reliable in pass pro or in terms of holding onto the ball.

We can't complain about Russ getting pummeled or chased while simultaneously saying put Michael in the line-up. Turbin has been playing excellent ball. And has for quite some time, actually. Today was the first fumble of his career (as a back) and look how long it took him to get back on the field after that fumble.

To the poster that said " I'm done with Turbin. I see no upside with him honestly". Dude, you have much to learn about the position. Fortunately Pete knows the position well and you can bet Turbin is one of his favorite players on this team. Even while being disciplined.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Turbin has been hitting the holes alot faster and much better taking at least 1 or 2 defenders with him. He stepped up his game this year. The fumble is unfortunate but it was a messy game and we came out with a win. C Mike I like him as well and hope to see more from him, but it's up to the coach who gets the playing time.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Rat":1kzt57lv said:

Was a good hole indeed but he did a nice job with the stiff arm to extend the play, I think Turbin gets tackled there for less yards.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":35vuwurl said:
austinslater25":35vuwurl said:

He's not proven to be reliable in pass pro or in terms of holding onto the ball.

We can't complain about Russ getting pummeled or chased while simultaneously saying put Michael in the line-up. Turbin has been playing excellent ball. And has for quite some time, actually. Today was the first fumble of his career (as a back) and look how long it took him to get back on the field after that fumble.

To the poster that said " I'm done with Turbin. I see no upside with him honestly". Dude, you have much to learn about the position. Fortunately Pete knows the position well and you can bet Turbin is one of his favorite players on this team. Even while being disciplined.

Dude, I can guarantee you that if C Mike continues to make big plays without coughing up the rock,
he'll see more touches spelling Lynch than Turbin.

HawkWow

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2iwahpsa said:
Turbin has been hitting the holes alot faster and much better taking at least 1 or 2 defenders with him. He stepped up his game this year. The fumble is unfortunate but it was a messy game and we came out with a win. C Mike I like him as well and hope to see more from him, but it's up to the coach who gets the playing time.

Exactly (good post). There's posters in here that seem to believe Pete sits Michael just to ruin their day.

If Michael was the guy, he'd be in the line-up. As of now, I'm still not a fan of the pick, but I sure want that to change and today was a decent step towards that. He had a nice jaunt and didn't fumble, so he's 2/3rds of the way to getting more playing time.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Jerhawk":uy3gekao said:
HawkWow":uy3gekao said:
austinslater25":uy3gekao said:

Dude, I can guarantee you that if C Mike continues to make big plays without coughing up the rock,
he'll see more touches spelling Lynch than Turbin.

I'll remember where I heard it first.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Guys, c'mon. It is openly known that Michael's playing time is very much associated with his blocking. When the staff is satisfied with his blocking he will play more.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Basis4day":331nkm86 said:
Guys, c'mon. It is openly known that Michael's playing time is very much associated with his blocking. When the staff is satisfied with his blocking he will play more.

I heard it was because he was stupid.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Although CM has not shown any consistent big runs, the fact that he gets a few is huge. I can't remember the last good Turbin run that wasn't called back due to holding. Not to mention Turbin's ball security is very questionable. I guess it's hard to hold onto a football when you got a bowling ball for a bicep.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1vqh0j3e said:
Jerhawk":1vqh0j3e said:

Done with Turbin?

OK.

Maybe I'm just one of those grumpy arm chair coaches, but I just don't see him being a featured back.
And maybe that's not his role. I was just thinking and saying that in regard to when/if Lynch leaves,
I can't image seeing Turbin being our featured back. He appears to my amateur fan perspective that
he doesn't run with as much power as he seems he would (although he has seemed more powerful
the past few games), and he doesn't possess the same explosive abilities that Michael does.

As for right now, Michael gives this offense speed in the backfield that neither Lynch or Turbin has.
Maybe Turbin's team chemistry, his ability to pick up the playbook and his pass protection is ahead of Michael's.
It seems like there's a lot more Turbin fans here than I would've expected, so don't let me step on anybody's
toes.

And I'm not saying that Turbin "sucks," I just think Michael has more potential than Turbin. Maybe I'm completely wrong.
We'll find out.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3d08q6qt said:
Although CM has not shown any consistent big runs, the fact that he gets a few is huge. I can't remember the last good Turbin run that wasn't called back due to holding. Not to mention Turbin's ball security is very questionable. I guess it's hard to hold onto a football when you got a bowling ball for a bicep.

Ball security is questionable? Yeah, okay…that makes sense. :sarcasm_off:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2s03u70h said:

Lol, yea because he only averaged 5.3 yards today. What a loser.