The hard question on everyones mind at Kansas city.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Can we pull off a win in Kansas City? The hawks are not known to be the best road team, and Kansas city is a Monster at home. they are currently 3-0 at home. This might be the first game this year where the hawks for the first time are the expected underdogs. What do our chances look like?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Chiefs pass rush is hellacious .. and Jamaal Charles is a monster. Not to mention, Alex Smith has always had our number.

It will be a very difficult game. They can win, but they need to clean up a lot of mistakes.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The early weather forecast for Kansas City next Sunday is partly cloudy with a high of 43, 10% chance of rain and a slight breeze.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Much depends on wether Mebane can make it back. If not we may struggle to stop Jamaal Charles. Alex Smith doesn't exactly scare me with all of our DB's back. Stopping there run game will be paramount.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2j16fwin said:
Much depends on wether Mebane can make it back. If not we may struggle to stop Jamaal Charles. Alex Smith doesn't exactly scare me with all of our DB's back. Stopping there run game will be paramount.

I don't know. they did manage to outscore the patriots 41-14 at home and their defensive backfield is nothing to mess with. besides its not like our starting DB's have been playing LOB quality football. I'm more nervous of our pass defense than shutting down jamal charles.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We hopefully established something resembling momentum today. We will need that going into Arrowhead, where I am certain their fans will break whatever noise record they held before. I think the 1st qtr is going to be key. I see a lot of read option in that 1st qtr for us, but certainly Andy predicts that, too. I am more concerned about out O in this one than our D. Defensing KC isn't rocket science. Their O is rather base...but they play it with discipline (and very well). That will be key for our D as well...playing disciplined football, staying true to our assignments and lanes while watching for the occasional deep shot, more designed to keep us honest than anything else.

Bevell will obviously want to run the ball early and often but can't risk early 3 and outs. We don't want to have to be playing come back in Arrowhead, so he will have to have some rather vanilla, high percentage stuff prepared and he and Pete are the masters of that. ; ) I think this week we should get Richardson some of the plays previously designed for Harvin. I know we hate the bubbles and jet sweeps, but with good timing and blocking, they can still be utilized and shouldn't be eliminated from our playbook. I think it's plays like those that will help to take the fans out of the game so we can then open the playbook a bit more.

I think this is the most telling and important game of the schedule thus far this year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":5sn5hc2j said:
We're going to win in KC next weekend, or my name's not Ryan Adam Davis.
I see what you did there.

I frankly don't expect a win and haven't since the schedule came out.

In order for us to win, we need one or zero turnovers, Russell to wake up and play like MOST of us know he can and we need to run the ball effectively to keep the pass rush at bay a bit and our defense on the sideline.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3rdpejvu said:

Smith scares me a bit, not because of playmaking ability, but he is the exact kind of qb that could dink and dunk us to death underneath.

Really would like to have Bobby, Kam and Malcolm back for this one.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It's an awfully difficult game that I'm not particularly expecting to win. My guess is that this is the first time I'll pick against us this year. Obviously wouldn't be surprised at all if we do win, but it feels like a 45/55 proposition to me.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I hope they surprise me, but I wouldn't count on it

Rat

Reaction score
The Chiefs are probably the second worst team remaining on our schedule. Going to be a tough one, but it's one a team of this caliber should win.

kearly

Reaction score
The next six games in a row all feel like toss ups or close to it. Gonna be tough to close a 2 game gap with Arizona with this kind of slate. Even if Seattle sweeps the Cards, they might still finish a game back.

Playoffs start now for Seattle.

gulliver

Reaction score
Rat":2mh7vnu2 said:
The Chiefs are probably the second worst team remaining on our schedule. Going to be a tough one, but it's one a team of this caliber should win.
Not a huge vote of confidence when you consider (a) how brutal our remaining schedule is and (b) it's on the road against a motivated Chiefs team that plays lights out at home.

Agreed that their pass rush is hellacious, and our OL better get their bodies right and their minds right, or they're going to be in our backfield all day long. Britt and the rest better stop blocking air and prepare to have their best games of the season.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
kearly":2lmg6ha5 said:
The next six games in a row all feel like toss ups or close to it. Gonna be tough to close a 2 game gap with Arizona with this kind of slate. Even if Seattle sweeps the Cards, they might still finish a game back.

Cards lose next week vs det. Carson knee injury........looked bad

pmedic920

Reaction score
kearly":1gdtg4eb said:

Wish I could disagree but I can't.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":24pjhrid said:

Palmer just went down with an ACL. Our biggest competition for the division is still the Niners, whether people on this board want to believe it or not. I honestly don't believe we go to the Superdome and beat the Saints the way we're playing. If we sweep the Cards, split with the Niners, and beat Eagles and Rams, we win this division, and maybe do a lot for pretty high seeding in the NFC.

As for the KC game, I think we lose it. We'd have to play a mistake free game against that defense in their house to win, and we honestly haven't been able to do that.

The biggest question in my mind is: what happens when a team that just rolled up 350 yards and 5 TDs on the ground meets a team that hasn't given up a rushing TD so far this year. Their defense is legitimate, with what is one of the best front 7's in the game. Their secondary can be had, but they get such good pass rush that it masks most deficiencies. The early line is KC -1. I'd say they win by 10 the way we've been playing.

After all that, it won't matter. I was hoping the Saints would hang another loss on the NIners, but that win is a momentum building win that could turn their season around.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1pkko3ke said:

:13: :thirishdrinkers: :13:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Alex Smith doesn't throw the ball farther than 10 yards down field, so if they're going to score, it's going to take a LOT of plays which plays right in to the Seahawks hands.

I like the Seahawks chances.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
blazen2392":33a4s7z3 said:
Can we pull off a win in Kansas City? The hawks are not known to be the best road team, and Kansas city is a Monster at home. they are currently 3-0 at home. This might be the first game this year where the hawks for the first time are the expected underdogs. What do our chances look like?
In a word? BAD. From all indications we're going to get punished far worse then San Diego.

Barthawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":1jhh3x4s said:

Won three in a row at home? that sounds right since they lost their home opener to the Titans.