Wouldn't it be ironic if as a 10 or 11 win WC team . .

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the Seahawks have to go on the road to play the NFC South Champion 7-9 Saints?

It could happen. That would have to be one of the craziest things to happen in the NFL in a while.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Also wasn't that the year after the saints won the superbowl? hmm.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Possible.

We simply must win our upcoming ARI and SF games. Win both against each, and we should be in the playoffs.

Win both against each and pick up 2 of the other three (KC, @PHI, STL) and we should take the division.

Not an easy road, and beating SF both times may be a requirement to the Playoffs.

Cartire

Reaction score
Yes, thats what would make it the weirdest. The defending superbowl champs having to go on the road to play a 7-9 team.

And you are correct, that possibility is very real right now. Talk about a non-stop week of hype because of it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3vdxbo52 said:
the Seahawks have to go on the road to play the NFC South Champion 7-9 Saints?

It could happen. That would have to be one of the craziest things to happen in the NFL in a while.
Currently it's far more possible then for comfort in my opinion. It's going to be very close between New Orleans and Carolina and little room for error on Carolina's side if they drop tonight's game.

The NFC is going to get really whacky very quick because Arizona has to go with Stanton and Philadelphia with Sanchez and then you have Romo one good hit away from his season if not career ending. I could easily see Arizona and Philadelphia among others doing a freefall while Seattle and San Francisco swoop in because both teams are getting players back instead of losing them like everybody else.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
what's crazy is that the falcons have been terrible this year, but it's entirely possible that after next week they will be leading the NFC south if they can beat Carolina (possible) and Cincinnati can beat NO (possible).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2qvdmj2r said:
what's crazy is that the falcons have been terrible this year, but it's entirely possible that after next week they will be leading the NFC south if they can beat Carolina (possible) and Cincinnati can beat NO (possible).
Completely given the history of the NFC South all of them regularly play out of their minds against each other regardless of how bad one team may be compared to the other. So pretty much anything can happen and pretty much does every year like clockwork.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I don't think the NFC South will have a champ over .500 so a good team will be going there. Hope it's not us because we're division champs.

I think it would be hilarious if it was Green Bay. Just for the butthurt it will cause in the media.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2unqu29s said:
I don't think the NFC South will have a champ over .500 so a good team will be going there. Hope it's not us because we're division champs.

I think it would be hilarious if it was Green Bay. Just for the butthurt it will cause in the media.
Or Dullass if they were a Wild card due to Philly winning the division. The media tears would be so tasty.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think you're all selling New Orleans short. They're 4-5. Despite their record, they are still a good home team, and are likely to finish with 6 or 7 home wins. Their remaining home games are Cincinnati, Baltimore, Carolina, and Atlanta. They will probably win 3 or all 4 of those, putting them at 6 or 7 home wins.

Their struggles are on the road. Their remaining road games are at Pittsburgh, at Chicago, and at Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay is an automatic win. The Bears suck and the Saints could very easily beat them in Chicago. They will probably lose to Pittsburgh.

They will most likely win 9 or 10 games. We could still have to go there as a wild card, but it wouldn't be the poetic justice of us as the defending SB champs playing on the road at a 7-9 team.

Cartire

Reaction score
Erebus":2salpwpy said:
I think you're all selling New Orleans short. They're 4-5. Despite their record, they are still a good home team, and are likely to finish with 6 or 7 home wins. Their remaining home games are Cincinnati, Baltimore, Carolina, and Atlanta. They will probably win 3 or all 4 of those, putting them at 6 or 7 home wins.

Their struggles are on the road. Their remaining road games are at Pittsburgh, at Chicago, and at Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay is an automatic win. The Bears suck and the Saints could very easily beat them in Chicago. They will probably lose to Pittsburgh.

They will most likely win 9 or 10 games. We could still have to go there as a wild card, but it wouldn't be the poetic justice of us as the defending SB champs playing on the road at a 7-9 team.

I dont know how you count Tampa as an automatic win, when they took the same Saints to the final minutes in New Orleans.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
What's crazy is how there won't be one single peep about needing to change the rules so that 7-9 teams can't automatically get into the playoffs just by winning the division...

kidhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1l2gxzrj said:
What's crazy is how there won't be one single peep about needing to change the rules so that 7-9 teams can't automatically get into the playoffs just by winning the division...

This is what I'm waiting for. I want to see the reactions to a Saints team winning their division at 7-9. Someone needs to compile a list of quotes from the media types from back when we were 7-9 and compare them. It would be interesting.

Of course the Saints need to win their division at 7-9 for this to actually be interesting

rideaducati

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2awius98 said:

Not a peep... I bet the word "payback" gets used a lot though. Along with "Seattle deserves this".

Cartire

Reaction score
rideaducati":jvcp7qb7 said:
GeekHawk":jvcp7qb7 said:

Not a peep... I bet the word "payback" gets used a lot though. Along with "Seattle deserves this".

I would usually agree, but Ive already read 2 articles on the likelyhood of the Saints going 7-9 and winning the division. And they both wanted a change in the playoff system because of it.

So if there starting this early, theyll bring it up even more the closer it gets. Theyll compare it to us. Theyll call out the irony. And everyone will have a good laugh. But they will still talk about changing the format because of it.