Seattle’s an -1 underdog next week at KC.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/...ads-odds-vegas-chiefs-seahawks-patriots-colts

Seahawks at Chiefs -1, 43
Kansas City ripped off its fourth straight win and cover on Sunday at Buffalo, and finds itself the favorite against the reigning champions. Seattle won its third straight game on Sunday, at home against the Giants, but has failed to cover five straight times. If this spread holds, it will be the first time Seattle’s an underdog all season.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Honestly I'm surprised we aren't more of an underdog than 1 point. I have a feeling it will edge its way up to 3 or so by weeks end.

Boiler

Reaction score
Question for someone more familiar with odds-making than I am: What's the rule of thumb for deciding the home field advantage in a game featuring two evenly matched teams? 2.5?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
KC has been terrible against the run this year. Even the Bills' running backs averaged over five yards per run yesterday. I hope to see a lot of Beast Mode in this game. The right A gap between Sweezy and Unger has looked like money.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hawknation2014":17uplok8 said:
KC has been terrible against the run this year. Even the Bills' running backs averaged over five yards per run yesterday. I hope to see a lot of Beast Mode in this game. The right A gap between Sweezy and Unger has looked like money.

They haven't been great against the run, but still impressive that it'll be week 11 in the NFL and they haven't given up a rushing TD.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seattle covered the spread against the Giants. They won by 21.

I'm honestly shocked we are the underdog although it looks like Vegas has us as the better team. With a healthier O-line we saw what it did for the running game. I think Chancellor is back this week and I like our chances.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This game has danger written all over it for Seattle. That line is giving Seattle some respect, if I'm in Vegas I'd give the point and take KC, and that kills me to say that.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hawknballs":33621l5y said:
hawknation2014":33621l5y said:

They haven't been great against the run, but still impressive that it'll be week 11 in the NFL and they haven't given up a rushing TD.

KC is kind of bipolar. One of the best red zone teams in the league, but they allow 4.7 yards per run, which is bottom three in the league.

I believe that stat will change in a big way after they've faced Marshawn Lynch.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Question for someone more familiar with odds-making than I am: What's the rule of thumb for deciding the home field advantage in a game featuring two evenly matched teams? 2.5?

What I have always heard over the years was 3 is about avg for the home team. The home teams that have a more defined home field advantage then others could be as high as 4/5 and those teams that have a home field advantage that is minimal could drop down to the 1/2 range.

I recall some Vegas sports book site on national sports talk radio last year describing how Century Link field was around the 4.5-5 range when the Seahawks were rolling.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":f9dbqxil said:
http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/...ads-odds-vegas-chiefs-seahawks-patriots-colts

Kansas City ripped off its fourth straight win and cover on Sunday at Buffalo, and finds itself the favorite against the reigning champions. Seattle won its third straight game on Sunday, at home against the Giants, but has failed to cover five straight times. If this spread holds, it will be the first time Seattle’s an underdog all season.

Failed to cover? Did I miss where Seattle was a 22 plus point favorite against the Giants???

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1vwnl76w said:

Yes I agree , if we can run like we did yesterday , Seahawks should win but the passing game has to step up . every team is different and the Hawks have to plan different for every team

I am predicting Hawks 27 - Chiefs 15

AgentDib

Reaction score
Yeah there isn't a rule of thumb like most people think because it is a combination of both the home and road team. For a while there the Hawks were facing huge point swings, especially when travelling to the east coast in 10 AM games, based on speculation about our ineptitude rather than the opposing team's home field prowess.

My guess is the swing here is in the 5 point range due our poor road performances @STL and @SD this season and KC's undefeated record at home. If this game was at CLink I think the Hawks would be favored by more than 7 points.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Vegas actually sees us as a favorite. Home teams always get 3.

Realistically this reads as Seattle -2 .. but the line is set to KC -1 because they're at home, and you can bet this game will get action from both sides.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Hawkpower":rd87ytal said:
NJSeaHawk":rd87ytal said:

Failed to cover? Did I miss where Seattle was a 22 plus point favorite against the Giants???
Yeah, that kinda casts doubt on the quality of the "analysis", doesn't it? :eek:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":306xnb1m said:

We didn't cover against NY?? What was the line?

Latest posts