Pete's Monday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Usually scheduled at 3:00 on Mondays, he's going to be at 2:15 today, so that means it should be live shortly.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opened talking about how he saw strong traits in competitiveness, toughness and finishing. 3 weeks in a row of steady improvement. Likes the intensity. Thought the crowd was great. Lynch was Phenomenal. O-line fit it together great. Thought the thread of the qb run helped feed Lynch's runs.

Defense played really well. Got a few turnovers.

Says Mebane has a legit hamstring pull. Will be out for awhile. Will know more later today (I assume we'll find out more Wednesday)

Thought all the guys on the O-line played really well. Thought Unger's communication allowed the guys to play fast and hard. Said there's nobody playing better than JR Sweezy.

Asked if Bailey is more tackle or guard. Pete said his big body fits more at guard, but he plays both positions really well, but he thinks as far as a long time commitment, probably inside.

Will see who gets snaps for Mebane. Sounds like he may rotate more there. Says they have the depth on the roster to be ok.

Luke Willson has the same ankle sprain he had before. He was able to get back quickly but they'll have to see. Not sure if he'll get back this week or not. Added that Tony is here and will fill in if necessary

Smith will practice this week on Wednesday as well as Kam. We'll see how that goes.

Wagner will work out a lot this week. Still to be determined when he'll be ready to practice.

Miller is behind Wagner in rehab right now.

Continues to preach that the team can improve.

Brought up that outside people are concerned with the passing game, he said they are more focused on the running game (sounded like he's not really worried about the passing game...just my take)

On the two INT's. Said the timing was off on one and gave Bowman props for making a great play. Said on one they got fooled. Thought there was going to be a full blitz and there wasn't.

on Sherman...Said he's playing really great football. Said he'd probably want the double move play back, but overall he's doing a really good job. Added that Odell Beckham played really good ball.

Maxwell is doing fine and should be a big part of this week.

On Pierre-Lewis...he's a really good football player that we're excited about. He plays fast, aggressive and smart. He's still learning the game and will continue to get better, but they are thrilled about what he's done including special teams. He raises the competition at the position. Shows a lot of savvy and chase speed.

Burley...went in with a sore hamstring and came out with a sore hamstring. Said they'll see how it goes this week. They kept him out at the end of the game because of it.

on the difficult schedule coming up....Says KC is really a good team. good qb, good running, good defense. Said it's exciting that we have a lot of division games coming up but KC has all our focus right now.

Heflet has a sore knee but he's ok

Carpenter is a long shot to get back this week

Said Tukuafu had a good solid game for us. Said it's not fair to evaluate that first game due to his lack of time here, but he played well for us against the Giants.

Special teams improves with some guys coming back, but we are still thin there due to the injuries we've had. Johnson was an example of not getting as much time due to the fact he was out on defense all day.

That's it for today. Next press conference is Wednesday

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Three great points on the OL made by Pete:

1) This was the offensive line's best game.

2) There is nobody playing better than J.R. Sweezy.

3) Alvin Bailey played well. His long-term position is guard.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2vgx6deb said:
kidhawk":2vgx6deb said:
Will see who gets snaps for Mebane. Sounds like he may rotate more there. Says they have the depth on the roster to be ok.

One does not simply replace Mebane.

Nope, and Pete alluded to that. Said we won't be actively pursuing a replacement from off the roster, and we will press through with what we have until Mebane can go again.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Mebane being out a while.................that is gonna hurt us big time. With him and Bobby out of the middle, our run defense between the tackles takes a big hit.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
"I'm concerned that we keep running the football . . . I feel like we're more like we've been, and we like it."

:th2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm happy the team has come to the conclusion that the best position for Bailey is LG.

Getting back Chancellor, Wagner, Smith, and the other half dozen walking wounded will be very important for the next 5 games. I'm hope the hamstring for 'Bane is not a tear but just a pull b/c he is a key factor in our defensive rotation.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1kujae0d said:
I'm happy the team has come to the conclusion that the best position for Bailey is LG.

Yup. And I feel much better about his role as a swing Tackle then I did about Ginger.

I asked him what position he feels more comfortable via Twitter. He replied 'Guard.' Surprised I even got a reply, but there it is.

RiverDog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3j348akc said:

Getting back Chancellor, Wagner, Smith, and the other half dozen walking wounded will be very important for the next 5 games. I'm hope the hamstring for 'Bane is not a tear but just a pull b/c he is a key factor in our defensive rotation.

I was disappointed to hear that Miller is still lagging. We really miss him, especially now that Luke is out. We're going to need him for our stretch run that starts on Turkey Day.

Agreed about Bailey. He doesn't have the foot quickness to play OT.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RiverDog":242vak05 said:
jammerhawk":242vak05 said:

I was disappointed to hear that Miller is still lagging. We really miss him, especially now that Luke is out. We're going to need him for our stretch run that starts on Turkey Day.

Agreed about Bailey. He doesn't have the foot quickness to play OT.

Bailey's foot speed is very impressive for a player of his size. He actually had better times in all the agility drills than Okung or Britt. I think that's why he has been able to be successful at LT despite being only 6'3. That and his arms are disproportionately long.

Latest posts