Sidney Rice

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I know some will say that I'm beating a dead horse, but is there a slim chance he could rejoin this team in December and have a limited role as a Red Zone-only WR.

I know he retired for more of a concussion related issue, more so, than his knee being an issue but is it out of the question of a return? He could practice for two weeks in December (just redzone stuff) and if something like this was in play, I'm sure the team would have kept in close contact with him, he would have stayed great shape, and all the jazz. So, two weeks to knock off the rust in practice, work OT with Russ, and then be active in the last 2 games of the Regular Season with 4 possible games in the post-season. He would have 6 games left in the tank, right? Especially to be part of a stretch run he couldn't be a part of last.

At the very least, It would have been cool if the Seahawks had hired Rice as a consultant as like a personal coach/trainer for our rookies WR or as an assistant WR coach like they did for Heath Farwell and the STs.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe if he was to come back, he'd be back already. But who knows stranger things have happened this season....

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It's more likely that Kevin Norwood emerges at the split end position. He has the makings of an impactful red zone threat. Baldwin has taken about 80% of the reps there, but has disappeared at times. He's not getting the free release he was getting last season when playing off the LOS at flanker.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
about the same chance Walter Jones comes out of retirement.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1lx2d613 said:
It's more likely that Kevin Norwood emerges at the split end position. He has the makings of an impactful red zone threat. Baldwin has taken about 80% of the reps there, but has disappeared at times. He's not getting the free release he was getting last season when playing off the LOS at flanker.

Speaking of Norwood, what the hell happened to him last weekend?

Here I thought he was progressing nicely and could see some more snaps against the Giants.........and then Lockett's in the game? Doesn't make sense unless he got in trouble or dinged up during the week.

rideaducati

Reaction score
If you insist on the Seahawks bringing people in from retirement, the first requirement to even make the list is that the player must have been really good to begin with...that leaves Rice off the list. Plus, dude falls down for no reason when he catches the ball which is why he had to retire in the first place. Owning a chicken wing restaurant doesn't give him a reason to fall down for no reason.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2srfo603 said:
Kevin Norwood will never emerge is he doesn't get any playing time.

HawkWow

Reaction score
rideaducati":2xdozsbo said:
If you insist on the Seahawks bringing people in from retirement, the first requirement to even make the list is that the player must have been really good to begin with...that leaves Rice off the list. Plus, dude falls down for no reason when he catches the ball which is why he had to retire in the first place. Owning a chicken wing restaurant doesn't give him a reason to fall down for no reason.

I tell everyone that very same thing, 'ducati. Nobody listens.

It's like "well, if YOU owned a chicken wing restaurant, you'd fall down for no reason, too".

I don't think I would.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Shawn Kemp is pretty hefty these days, he may be able to play DT. It would either that or more Pro's vs. Joes episodes...

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day too. With our two 6'5" tight ends out, we need someone tall for Russell to spot in the EZ. Sidney was fantastic at that and every time he went out, the whole passing game dynamics changed.

We need a big target for Russell to throw to, that much is obvious. What happens if Cooper Helfet goes out? Opposing defenses are starting to clog the middle and try to keep RW in the scrum. They've been trying that off and on since he got in the league but now they are getting better at it.

If Sidney wanted to, he could come back, it's just paperwork.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Aikman has been describing Romo as "way better than I ever was" for years. I think that's more a sign of pugilistic dementia than modesty.

But guys like Aikman and Young have done well in their next professions despite all the symptoms and reports of said dementia. Poster boys for why helmet to helmet should be celebrated, not penalized, imo.

pehawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":36xl010t said:
Aikman has been describing Romo as "way better than I ever was" for years. I think that's more a sign of pugilistic dementia than modesty.

But guys like Aikman and Young have done well in their next professions despite all the symptoms and reports of said dementia. Poster boys for why helmet to helmet should be celebrated, not penalized, imo.

8/10

Hawks46

Reaction score
If you're going to bring anyone back for purely a red zone threat, it might as well be Matthews. Dude was 6'5" or 6'6".