For Future Seahawks: The Two Way Player

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
2015, off-season. It would be cool to see Pete Carroll develop or utilize some two way players especially if they keep guys like Kearse and Lockette, or Dobbs, and Tukuafu around who already can play off and def.

I think Kearse (6'1, 210, 4.4 speed), and especially Lockette (6'2, 210, 4.3 speed) would make decent CBs in our system. Can you imagine Lock at CB, he could be our version of Patrick Peterson.

It also would be awesome to see Richard Sherman come in as a Goal Line WR from time to time.

Or to see what Marsh has to offer as a TE. They could also develop him into a RZ target like Mike Vrabel? Was used in New England.

Or get Sweezy some looks as a pass-rush NT/1T at 6-5, 320.

Also, if the Seahawks do lock Wilson in at franchise QB, its pretty much 99% certain, I would love to grab another QB of his mold and develop that guy into an RB (ala Denard Robinson). It would be cool too see Russ get utilized as a WR or be the RB on a read option bubble screen. Seahawks can kind of do this on occasion but it would be cool if it was a staple.

BKCW

Reaction score
Very unlikely to happen with how most teams are trying to run more and more offenive plays per game. Its the reason we rotate our defensive line so frequently, to keep them fresh.

pehawk

Reaction score
Totally thought you meant something else by "two way player".

As a general rule I like having a few two way players on a team. It's a two-fer from a cap and roster perspective.