Pete's Wednesday Press Conference

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Never know if he'll be early, on time or late (although late is the most common).

Not likely to get much new injury information because his press conference is just before practice, but should give us a better idea of how we are dealing with some of our injury issues.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opens with his standard praises of the opponent, so the Chiefs this week.

On running game similarities....lots of similarities between zone running and their qb can run too. Running styles of the RB are different though.

Mebane has a torn hamstring and is out for the year (nothing new there). Said he came into the season in great shape, it was just a fluke

Will use current players to fill in for him. Said Jordan Hill will not start. Kevin will Start. It will be a 3 man rotation between Williams, McDaniel and Hill

Miller to go on IR...this is why they brought back Allen

Miller just wasn't able to improve the way they'd have liked. No set back, just never got to a point where they felt it was healing properly. Will need a 2nd surgery

Luke looked good in the walk through. Should go light practice today, may play this week.

Moeaki....said he is going to have to jump in there and be ready to go. Said he's picked things up well and they are counting on him to play.

Helfet should play. has a bruise on his knee, not too bad.

Kam and Malcolm are to practice today

using Gillam....would he consider using him more. he joked to consider it and said "yeah"

Wagner is going to do some change of direction stuff today. Doesn't sound like he'll make it this week but should be in good shape for next week if things go well.

On Randy Moss.....he said that never happened....did say jokingly that he wouldn't say he didn't hear from T.O.

Gave props to Ron Parker and his play this year

We've also added Allen Bradford to play defense to fill out the roster

That's it for today.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Man I'm bummed about Zach. Not surprised but definitely sad. Is this the end of his Seahawk career? IIRC he's not signed for next year but could definitely be wrong. Someone with knowledge please respond.

Thanks as always kid.

bandiger

Reaction score
This season is turning out to be a bummer with all the injuries and lost players from FA. :428226_SadEmoticon:

kf3339

Reaction score
There has just been too many serious injuries to key players this year guys. Now with both Mebane and Miller out for the year it will make it even more doubtful for a serious playoff run this year, if at all.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2j4vbavy said:
Man I'm bummed about Zach. Not surprised but definitely sad. Is this the end of his Seahawk career? IIRC he's not signed for next year but could definitely be wrong. Someone with knowledge please respond.

Thanks as always kid.

Miller is signed to next year, but with this injury it will give guys we have a shot to earn a future here, so his return is definitely up in the air.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to seeing him opposite Helfet. I think that's our true 2 TE set right there.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Another player to IR, these injuries are just ridiculous. I mean we were all set to finally get healthy again and then a new way of injuries crop up/prove worse then expected......... This sucks!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Losing MIller hurts. I think we were all holding out hope that the struggling passing game would improve when Miller came back.

Crap.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Yea, he restructured at some point from what I remember. According to spotrac.com:

2014 3,887,500
2015 4,000,000

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Considering the team's current depth, needs and weaknesses, losing Miller is probably the biggest loss so far.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
He is signed for 2015

On March 16, 2014 Miller renegotiated his contract in order to remain on the team. Miller took a $3 million pay cut in 2014 and a $2 million pay cut in 2015. His new deal will pay him up to $3 million in each season. $1 million is guaranteed in the form of a 2014 roster bonus. He can earn up to $900,000 in 2014 and $750,000 in 2015 in game day roster bonuses. Base salaries of the contract are $900,000(2014) and $1,050,000(2015).

http://overthecap.com/player/zach-miller/375

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Tony Moeaki, it is your time.

These back to back IRs are straight up BRUTAL, though.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
So many challenges with injuries this year it's not even funny.

That said, I'm actually hoping that Rashaad Allen outplays Moeaki. I liked what I saw from Allen previously and is capable of actually being an every down TE physically. At the rate we're going, we may need it eventually. Especially with Helfet and Willson also starting to get dinged up.